Aveyond Studios Community

If your wearing the speed sandals, and you take a quicksilver potion, it doesn't affect your speed, but once it wears off, you encounter a game-ending glitch. The notice "Quicksilver wears off" "it doesn't seem to effect your speed" appears on the screen non-stop. And when you unequip the sandals, only the first part shows, but it still never stops. It's impossible to play the game.

Are you playing the latest verison? I believe this was fixed in the latest version here but other gameportals took a while to upload the newest versions.

I don't think I am, is there a place where I can update? I managed to load a point right before I took the quicksilver so I'm safe, but I'm going through that truth serum glitch as well. I got the game through a portal site, it's Big Fish Games, but I don't have a BFG account, so I can't do that thing posted on the truth serum post.

when you say you got it from a different portal, I assume you mean a BFG affiliate. You should just be able to go back to that portal and redownload the game, or go to BFG and redownload it.

Does it open via the Game Manager, or when you close it, does the Game Manager come up? If so, you should be okay doing this.

BFG is the only portal who ever had this glitch. It was fixed here before release, but they had already packaged up the game ready for release by the time we got the fix to them. They HAVE taken the fix and made it available to their customers. No other portal ever got that version of the game. All portals are offering the same version as we are.

The only way you'd have a glitchy version if you only downloaded a week ago, is if the BFG affiliate actually put the game on their own site when it was very first released, and hasn't updated it when BFG updated it, or if you downloaded a pirated copy.

Did you pay for the game? If not, then you're definitely playing an illegal, pirated copy, and you need to purchase the game from a reputable site. Buying the game direct from Amaranth Games means you'd always be able to get the latest bug fixes. If you paid for the game, then you should have an emailed receipt showing where you purchased it, or it should be set up in your BFG Game Manager (you didn't answer the other question about whether the game launches the Game Manager when closing).

There is no patch for this. The problem with the quicksilver and the missing ingredient in the potion could only be solved with a complete build.

I paid for the game. I think this site has always had problems updating builds, I got all games from it, and AV1 was on Build B, and AV2 was on Build A. But Av3-3 is the only one that is a game-ender. I feel so cheated out of my money :(

Except BFG, no other portal ever offered Build A of AV2, and even BFG updated to Build B when it's offered. I don't think affiliates of BFG are allowed to "freeze" the game versions offered, so can you please try to recall where you got this from? If you purchased it online, you should have received an e-receipt with the unlock code or unlock instructions, along with the name of the portal.

Seems strange that you got "all games" from this site, but you can't remember what site it is?

Aisling is correct - BFG were the ONLY ones who ever had that glitchy version of The Lost Orb. I'm not sure whether affiliates were allowed to get the installer and host it on their own site, or had to link back to BFG's version.

Unfortunately, even some pirate sites require you to pay a "membership" fee before you can download games from them. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if a few of these have the original, buggy, version still.

I think your only hope is to try and recall the portal who sold you the game, and go back to them and tell them there's an updated version available that fixes these "gamestoppers".

However, neither of these issues are really gamestoppers. None of the potions you can make are necessary, so you can complete the game and just don't make/use them. These ARE the only two potions I'm aware of that have issues.

And, of course, it's never a bad thing to purchase the game directly from the developer. That's the only way you're going to be guaranteed to get ALL updates that fix bugs, and the portals are NEVER under obligation to update any game. ;)

Ya, but after I get all the ingredients for the acid, I go to the alchemist shop and nothing happens. Acid is not a recipe so I can't make it, and no cut scene happens, so I assumed it was the glitch not picking up the Thindle root.

If you're SURE you have all the ingredients for acid, you need to give them to the alchemist. You can't make that recipe yourself (and he tells you this when he gives you the list of ingredients).

There has never been a glitch related to making the acid potion.