join mailing list join Aveyond Kingdom on Twitter join Aveyond Studios on Facebook
We've created top-selling apps for iOS and Windows. What are we working on next? Games and tools! Browse our titles and maybe play a game or two. Want to chat? We have an active gaming community.

Aveyond 4: Shadow of the MistCurse at TwilightAveyond 3-4: The Darkthrop ProphecyA Gypsy's TaleAveyond 3-3: The Lost OrbAveyond 3-2: Gates of NightAveyond 3-1: Lord of TwilightYummy Drink FactoryAveyond 2: Ean's Quest
Photo

game won't open to full screen

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lakota2000

lakota2000

Amaranthian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

Ive downloaded this game from 2 different sites Big Fish and here.The game is only opening in the top left of my screen. I've checked and unchecked full screen, restarted my machine, and anything else I could think of even tried expanding the window. Any idea whats going on here? Your download file said my machine met or exceded the recommended hardware. and I've got the latest direct X. So whats up here?
thanks
Lakota
  • KishaEnace, Broscep, Rodgersmamy and 9 others like this

#2 SilverMist

SilverMist

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

Have you tried holding the alt and enter buttons? At what resolution is your screen set?

#3 lakota2000

lakota2000

Amaranthian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

1680x1050 res. Alt & enter does nothing. Thanks for responding, the game looks good just very small.

#4 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,577 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

There is an issue with going full screen on monitors that don't support the default resolution. I believe it's been fixed, so grab the update when it's available, and hopefully the issue will be gone.

#5 Chile

Chile

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

Does this fix apply just to the version on this site, or on the BigFish version as well? I downloaded theirs yesterday, and I still have the tiny screen issue. Is the game compatible (or going to be compatible) with widescreen monitors? My default resolution is 1920 X 1080

#6 tiniponi

tiniponi

Dragon Song/Singer

• Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationsoutheast USA

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

THe update hasn't been released yet. When it's ready, Amanda will send it to BFG, and BFG will then decide whether to offer the update. (That's why it is always best to buy direct from this site ... you know you can always get the latest updates. With portals, each decides whether to offer new updates/versions.)

siggie-DragonSong.jpg

#7 belinda

belinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

BFG has given one early update within the first? day of release.

#8 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,577 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:21 AM

Yes. BFG will take this update, as it fixes a serious problem with the game. There was a problem with the initial release, and a fix was immediately available, which is why they put it out straight away.

Once the game is stable and as many people can play it as possible, then they might choose not to offer future updates to their customers (if it doesn't fix serious bugs, why make customers go to the trouble?)

A lot of other portals will not take updates once the initial game has been made available to their customers.

#9 Chile

Chile

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

I haven't actually purchased it yet, I only downloaded it to try.

I buy all the Aveyond games from this site now, learned my lesson after #1. I love all the continuous updates and improvements.

When the update is out, I will try it, and if it works, buy it from here. Figure Amanda and company deserve the extra few bucks.

#10 tiniponi

tiniponi

Dragon Song/Singer

• Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationsoutheast USA

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

Very good. :)

I hope the game will work for you when the update is released.

siggie-DragonSong.jpg

#11 Yfandes

Yfandes

Amaranthian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

Haven't been gaming much since 2007 when I took on my disabled parents for 9 years as sole caregiver.  Just got back into games after they passed on last year.  Found this game and decided to try it.  The full screen thing still doesn't work, even using the download from here.  My resolution is 1600 x 900 and I'm running Windows 10, though running the program in the recommended Win 7 compatibility mode doesn't solve the issue, either.  Any ideas?

#12 GrannyC

GrannyC

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:24 PM

If you are using windows 10 the problem may not be wqith the game. Check out my comments in the Technical questions sections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users