Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
lakota2000

game won't open to full screen

Ive downloaded this game from 2 different sites Big Fish and here.The game is only opening in the top left of my screen. I've checked and unchecked full screen, restarted my machine, and anything else I could think of even tried expanding the window. Any idea whats going on here? Your download file said my machine met or exceded the recommended hardware. and I've got the latest direct X. So whats up here?

thanks

Lakota

There is an issue with going full screen on monitors that don't support the default resolution. I believe it's been fixed, so grab the update when it's available, and hopefully the issue will be gone.

Does this fix apply just to the version on this site, or on the BigFish version as well? I downloaded theirs yesterday, and I still have the tiny screen issue. Is the game compatible (or going to be compatible) with widescreen monitors? My default resolution is 1920 X 1080

THe update hasn't been released yet. When it's ready, Amanda will send it to BFG, and BFG will then decide whether to offer the update. (That's why it is always best to buy direct from this site ... you know you can always get the latest updates. With portals, each decides whether to offer new updates/versions.)

Yes. BFG will take this update, as it fixes a serious problem with the game. There was a problem with the initial release, and a fix was immediately available, which is why they put it out straight away.

Once the game is stable and as many people can play it as possible, then they might choose not to offer future updates to their customers (if it doesn't fix serious bugs, why make customers go to the trouble?)

A lot of other portals will not take updates once the initial game has been made available to their customers.

I haven't actually purchased it yet, I only downloaded it to try.

I buy all the Aveyond games from this site now, learned my lesson after #1. I love all the continuous updates and improvements.

When the update is out, I will try it, and if it works, buy it from here. Figure Amanda and company deserve the extra few bucks.

Haven't been gaming much since 2007 when I took on my disabled parents for 9 years as sole caregiver.  Just got back into games after they passed on last year.  Found this game and decided to try it.  The full screen thing still doesn't work, even using the download from here.  My resolution is 1600 x 900 and I'm running Windows 10, though running the program in the recommended Win 7 compatibility mode doesn't solve the issue, either.  Any ideas?