Aveyond Studios Community
shaz

FORUM RULES - PLEASE READ

If you are new to the forum, and are a little overwhelmed with how much there is to take in, you may miss some important information.

The Amaranthia forums have a number of rules that all members are expected to adhere to. These are in place to ensure all members are treated with respect and the forum runs smoothly. Failing to adhere to these rules will result in penalties - for some you will get a warning, for others, the penalties are immediate.

The rules are:

No bullying - penalty: Banishment

No harassing - penalty: Banishment

No prejudice - penalty: Banishment

No sexual language - penalty: Banishment

No offensive language - penalty: Banishment

No requesting real names & addresses - penalty: Banishment

No flaming - penalty: 1 month suspension

No spamming - penalty: 1 month suspension

No disclosure of real names & addresses - penalty: 1 month suspension

Additional rules, not yet listed in the Hall of Rule, but still enforced, are:

No pirating / illegal activity - penalty: Banishment

No plagiarism - penalty: 1 month suspension

No double-posting (considered a form of spamming)

Flaming

While Amaranth Productions welcomes all feedback, positive or negative, about its games, flaming of users on the forums is not allowed. Flaming includes offensive language or insults directed toward another user with the intent to cause anger or to hurt feelings, and harassment of another user in the forums or via PM. All incidents of flaming of users within the forums will be deleted without prior notice. If you feel you are a victim of flaming via PM, please notify a moderator.

Good-natured teasing is not flaming; however, if another user misunderstands you and takes offense, please apologize and clarify the situation.

Prejudiced and Offensive Language

Comments which imply the inferiority of any subsection of the population will not be tolerated, whether directed at a user or not. This includes pejorative comments about a particular race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. Instead, please use these forums as an opportunity to communicate with and learn about people who have backgrounds different from your own.

Profanity and Obscenity

Amaranth Productions creates games appropriate for a wide age range; therefore, please keep in mind when posting that children may read your posts. Swear words are not appropriate. Use of an acronym or other character(s) to represent a swear word is not appropriate. If you use an unacceptable word, an acronym or character(s) to represent an unacceptable word, your post will be modified and you will be informed.

Sexual Language

As with profanity and obscenity above, please keep in mind that children may read your posts. In chat and RP forums, romance is fine, but explicit sexual language and graphic depictions of sexual scenes is not. Keep it clean and subtle.

Spamming

If you make comments in a topic that are not related to the topic itself, you are spamming. While a small amount of chatter is acceptable, getting carried away, and derailing or hijacking a thread, is not. Stating that you agree with someone without stating your opinion. New subjects should be discussed in new topics, created in the appropriate forum. Reviving "dead" threads (non-pinned threads that have been inactive for more than a couple of months) may also be considered spamming. In game threads, posting information already provided by others, or information not requested by the original poster, is considered spam. If a question has been answered, then the topic is closed, unless the original poster asks for more information. Double posting, if you forgot to say something, use the edit button and add it to your existing post. Opening the same topic in multiple forums is a form of Double Posting and is considered Spam.

Posting the same, or similar comments in one cottage after another, or doing the same in the collegium, blogs, or downloadable games section, is also spamming, and will result in posts being deleted (gold lost) and a suspension.

Excessiveness

Excessive use of Caps in a post, whether it is intentional or not will no longer be tolerated. To many it is considered yelling. As you cannot see or hear things on this forum we ask that if you feel the urge to use excessive caps in your posts please do so only in Spam Haven.

No excessive use of smilies in the forums. They are meant to convey emotion not to fill up an otherwise empty page.

Pirating / Illegal Activity

Do not, in the forum, cottages or on chat, ask for keys, registrations, cracks or otherwise illegal copies of games, whether distributed by Amaranth Games or not. If you truly do have a legal copy of a game which you purchased from here and have lost your key, email admin@amaranthia.com and ask for assistance.

Plagiarism

Do not recommend or request sites for downloading or copying illegal material or prepared cheat papers for school. Do not copy poems, stories or articles from any source and claim them as your own.

Disclosure of Real Names / Addresses

Unless people are willing to make their real names known on the forum, do not ask them, and do not reveal someone else's real name. Do not ask for someone's address, and do not give anyone your address.

g8.png

Hui    0

You say that, but we have two threads in the Village Square now talking about politics. >_> So we're going to ban everything that may give rise to conflicts now? Then we'll be left with nothing much to discuss intellectually about. >_>

I noticed that too but people seem to be behaving themselves. Maybe we just need to play things by ear and see what happens. The topic on health care is more an issue than politics. And the Philippine topic, seems to be running without issue.

Sometimes it's the ones talking that are heated not the issue. :lol: Some folks get upset if you call fuchsia, pink.

The political topics are very interesting.

wow - you don't call fuchsia pink where I work.

I am not going to add new rules about things that cause heated discussions. Debates are ok, and mods can see that things don't get carried away. If you DO have an issue with something said in any discussion, bring it to a mod or admin to deal with.

When Amanda makes a rule about politics or religion, then I'll add it to the list. In the meantime, let's hope people can just be a bit sensible about the subjects.

it's not in the Hall of Rule, which is where I got the list, or in the explanations KTC posted from the last site.

If Amanda says debates on religion are no-go, that's fine. But does that mean ANY topic on religion is no-go? Unless she adds it to the Hall of Rule, or posts something here that I can point to, I don't want to add it to the first post in this topic. (This is more for those who jump into the forum looking around without visiting the Hall of Rule first, to explain some of the rules people seem to break very quickly - like spamming)

Hui    0

Well there was a huge hoo-ha over the religious debate we had last time and since then religious debates have been banned... Not too sure about general posts on religious topics although I personally am fine with both normal topics and debates.

We still commemorate Easter and all, so it is quite dumb if we rule out everything that is religious in nature, right? :D

Of course, you may want to clarify with her to see if the "no-religious-debate" thing is a firm rule that you should add to the Hall of Rule. :)

@Hui: we are watching those topic, personally I check them a couple of times every day, and if things are heated up and users starts attacking each others, we shall close the topic, be sure of that, but like Shaz says Amanda has not printed that rule, maybe she thinks we are old enough to behave us self, and so long no one attacking any one, then its okay, with those topic.

@Shaz sorry I bring that up, I was sure it was in the hall of rules, guess when ones say something many times, it become the truth, and I also think the people in that topic behave them selves…

Yes that’s what I understand, so long you don’t say that your religion is better then others, or your religion is dumb, or causing trouble for my religion, then It should be okay, a debate about if there is a god or not, that you believe in god, should not be any issue, if people don’t start flaming, attacking (someone else believes) well the most people believe in something, in the most religions, its a centre of nearly the same things, its the ceremonies around the religion that can be different :) So I guess so! But if you want to start one, write then that this is not to prove that any religion is better then any else’s religion, and that people shall talk about how their religion works, or something like that, well you are a bright girl, so you know how not to offend any buddy :D

And if there will be a word war, then we can all be sure that, we cant talk about those things, and we aren’t grownups, that can tell an opinion with out, throw dirt on someone else’s believes!

I would like to hear from some of the other mods on this one - who were mods on the previous forums.

As I said in my previous post, if Amanda said debates on religion are a no-no, then that sticks. I am not about to change a rule she's set on this site. I was not aware such a rule existed, and it wasn't listed in the Hall of Rule, so I did not include it in the list. If the mods can explain what the situation was on the previous forums - what was allowed and what was not, I will add it into the first post here.

Then I think I will delete the rest of the posts. This was meant to be a summary of what's acceptable and what's not on this forum, for people who jumped into the forum without visiting Hall of Rule first. It was not meant to be a discussion topic or a debate of what should and should not be allowed.

So, in short - whatever the rule was regarding religious discussions and debates on the old forum will be the rule on the new forum. I just need an explanation of what that rule involved.

There was never an official rule written down anywhere, so I think we need Amanda's final say on this one.

I remember there were religious discussions that existed just fine on the old sites.

One just happened to get heated and a little out of hand (Kleptin was probably involved ;) ) and Amanda stepped in to squelch it. However, I'm not sure if she wanted ALL religious discussions to end, or just that particular one.

That last one was closed because of some attacks/insults but I still don't agree that they should be banned... It's understandable not to have e.g. sexual themes here because it's supposed to be a children friendly site, but religion or even politics? Ban these topics just because different people have different opinions on them? They are a normal part of our lives so why not include them in topics here too if some members want to discuss them. And of course it's then the responsibility of each member involved and of the mods to watch that no insults are going on, just like in any other topics on the site.

Religious debates and religious discussions are acceptable as long as they remain civil. If people start being nasty to each other, mods will take action.

I will not be adding this to the forum rules, as the existing forum rules already cover it. In a few days, after people have had time to read this, I am going to clean this topic up and lock it.

Hui    0

Shaz, I am here to propose an important rule:

Do not request anything illegal - this includes illegal game downloads, cracks and/or key-generators, and any other unlawful download links.

Thank you - it is a good addition to the list. Amanda has banned people in the past for requesting keys for her games or other games, so it's certainly worthy of noting.

Please take note of the newest rules that have been added to the forum. Explanations are shown in the preceding post, but you can view the rules at any time by looking in the box on the left with the heading Kingdom Map, and following the link to the Hall of Rule.

The latest rule addition has always been an unwritten rule, enforced in varying degrees. It expands on the Profanity and Obscenity description above. On request, Amanda has just given some clarification, and this rule will now be enforced completely. There are some acronyms in common use online, which have been used and either not moderated, or overlooked in this forum, that will no longer be allowed. If you use them, you will probably get a reminder that they are inappropriate and your post will be modified.

As it has caused a little confusion having a rule on profanity/obscenity and another on swearing (which carried different penalties), I have removed the additional "swearing" explanation and expanded the existing profanity/obscenity explanation to include/clarify.

I've also added a brief explanation for the "real names/addresses" rule to clarify that a little.

Please note the following addition to the description of Spamming in the forum rules above:

Posting the same, or similar comments in one cottage after another, or doing the same in the collegium, blogs, or downloadable games section, is also spamming, and will result in posts being deleted (gold lost) and a suspension.

I am going to strictly implement this penalty to members who blatantly continue to abuse these areas.

Guest GenaMl   
Guest GenaMl

Hi All,

Due to a switch between hostingpartners for my domains, forum email was interrupted in the past 2 weeks.

I just noticed the error in the DNS configuration and fixed it.

Within the upcomming hours email should start working again.

Sorry for the inconveniance.