Aveyond Studios Community
Gramma

problems getting shovel

Hi -- I'm back to playing games after a hiatus with needlework. I'm trying to get the Aveyond games done and am now on GoN. I know where the pile of dirt is that needs to be shoveled to get something hidden, but when I go to items to get the shovel is is greyed out and I can't take it to use. Also, it takes me forever to get anything from my items because it doesn't stop at a place where I can get items. It runs down and when I click the bottom it continues to run to the very bottom and doesn't stop. I'm not explaining myself very well, I do hope you understand. Thanks for your help. Gramma

You just need to click on the dirt piles (or stand on top of them and hit space/enter) to use the shovel.

As for your other problem... are you using keyboard or mouse controls? If it's the former, the mouse may be the cause. Try moving it off to the side of the screen so that it doesn't get in the way. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that. I know I can use either mouse of keyboard, but have been using the mouse, Thanks again. Wish I could figure out why I can't udr the shovel out of items. Gramma

You're not meant to get the shovel out of items. As UntoldReveries said, just click on the pile of dirt, and if you have the shovel, you'll dig it up :) You don't need to get the shovel from your items.

With your menu issue, be careful not to hold the mouse too far down - if you move it below the bottom item, it will continue to scroll to the bottom. If you also notice your character walking down in the game when you haven't told them to, try some of these suggestions as that can also cause this menu behaviour.

I'm standing at the dirt pile with shovel. I cannot stand on or interact with the dirt pile. It is on the hill on the second island using the canoe right? Clicking on it with the mouse nor hitting the spacebar makes any difference.

Where am I failing, and flailing? :blink:

edited to add:

Whoopsy!.I was making the same mistake another player made. I was niggling the empty birds nest not the dirt pile. In the words of the late great Emily Latella :

NEVER MIND ...

Edited by Snoopy