Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
belinda

Things that bug me but are not bugs...

17 posts in this topic

Well, I decided to buy the game from Big Fish so that the count would go up. It is hard to decide the category for this game since it is hidden object AND adventure. I think it is almost like Azada unclassifiable. So the game is great. I know some people don't like going back into previous scenes to find things to complete the current scene but I really like that. Thanks.

Here are two things that bug me in almost all games of this type:

1. They let you light the fire under the cauldron before there is any water in it.

2. You have to fix a bridge or something to be able to get to the other side, but little things like the gold coins are on the other side and can be collected before the bridge is built.

These are not in any way spoiling my enjoyment of this game and this is by no means the only game where these things show up, it is just that I would expect my cauldron to be spoiled by the time I get back with the water....

Anyway thanks all team for a great game. I'm not finished yet. (with the game I mean)

There is a reason you can light the fire before adding water to the cauldron. Explore the area by the cottage more, and you'll find it.

Hey Belinda, thanks for the feedback. These are things that crossed my mind too as we were working on it, and a couple of other players have commented on the second issue.

As Mopiece said, the first one is done for a reason, which you've probably discovered by now. The second one, while not logical, would give us very tight spaces to hide all the objects, if we changed the way it works. Apart from the hidden items and coins though, we've tried to keep it consistent (if you need to build a bridge, you can't access stuff on the other side until it's done)

Thanks, Shaz. Maybe everyone could put a teeny bit of water in these cauldrons, pots or whatever. We know that in games the water never boils away but it would keep the pot from burning up! Having burned a few pots in my day probably why I notice it....

But I thought the game was wonderful and the scenes were beautiful, in fact one in particular was breathtakingly beautiful, I almost gasped when I saw it.

Um, heating up a pot without anything inside is actually not wrong. Sometimes people do that in the old days to burn off the dirt. Seriously, cauldrons in ye olde tymes are not THAT fragile. Also remember to take into the account that the fire is wood fire and not as powerful as stove fire. The pot would NOT be burned up/melted from over-heating :)

The coins, though, is another matter entirely. They're totally breaking the fourth wall :D They're not only plot-relevant (you need those coins in-game), but they're also technically "bonus items". So it's hard to tell how the coins actually work in the game's universe. And the item pieces too. Do "you" physically pick them up (and re-assemble them, for the items' case) or they're just there for the gameplay sake? Oooo~

Technically speaking the pot while it won't melt could get red hot even from a wood fire. Granted nothing would probably happen to it except it would be really hard to put water in it without a great cloud of steam.. ah! maybe that's what should happen... just kidding. And, granted, with no one there to feed the fire it should be going out anyway... and...

ok, ok, its that suspension of disbelief necessary in a fantasy. [like, as you say, picking up dis-assembled objects]

The other thing is the fuses on the dynamite are always too short. That is one thing John Wizard does, he makes his people get behind shelter when they use dynamite!!

There were a lot of changes made to the game with the collector's edition and everything.

Also, next time please make a new topic if what you post has nothing to do with the subject of the thread you're posting in.

Yes, our approval for the collector's edition came with a long list of changes, and when we made those, we were given another list, and another :) It ended up adding a rather long period to the development time, but it resulted in a MUCH better game.

(and, really, not meaning to be rude or anything, but I don't think we are obliged to provide an explanation at all. A lot of other devs don't provide a release date until only a few weeks before it's ready, and they often don't tell fans what they're even working on - then there are no expectations, and no explanations needed when delays occur)

What about the underground cavern located upstairs in the house? It should be in the basement if there is one. I haven't finished the game yet so maybe there is an answer later.

something that really bugged me, but not a bug. Why the 60 digit key to unlock the game? Is a key that long really necessary? I had to enter it twice. Even once was too much!

Sorry if anyone thinks that my previous two posts are not germain to the thread. I sometimes have trouble figuring out what is and what isn't.

Use your edit button and don't double post for that is against forum rules.

~Mopiece

something that really bugged me, but not a bug. Why the 60 digit key to unlock the game? Is a key that long really necessary? I had to enter it twice. Even once was too much!

Sorry if anyone thinks that my previous two posts are not germain to the thread. I sometimes have trouble figuring out what is and what isn't.

I don't think the underground cavern was actually located upstairs in the house. I think the door was just a portal to the cavern. As you play the game and explore the house, you'll see why the door is most likely just a portal.

Also, a different theory could be just that the house is haunted. And because it's haunted it doesn't follow the laws of nature that we experience in the real world.

Lastly, the key is that long just for security reasons. You didn't have to type the key in. You could have just copied the key and pasted it in the game.