join mailing list join Aveyond Kingdom on Twitter join Aveyond Studios on Facebook
We've created top-selling apps for iOS and Windows. What are we working on next? Games and tools! Browse our titles and maybe play a game or two. Want to chat? We have an active gaming community.

Aveyond 4: Shadow of the MistCurse at TwilightAveyond 3-4: The Darkthrop ProphecyA Gypsy's TaleAveyond 3-3: The Lost OrbAveyond 3-2: Gates of NightAveyond 3-1: Lord of TwilightYummy Drink FactoryAveyond 2: Ean's Quest
Photo

black screen

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 gary

gary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

In the hallway upstairs there is a door to the town square. When the proper piece is fitted to the door it opens and you can click on it to go into the town square. When I do that I only end up with a frozen black screen and have to exit the game by means of alt/cntrl/del. I have tried restarting the game and reinstalling the game to no effect. There does not appear to be a patch for this game. Any ideas? It's a great game and I would very much like to finish. Thank you

#2 Mopiece

Mopiece

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 6,146 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Are your drivers up to date? Any error message?

Have you played this game before? If yes, then did it happen before? Does this happen with any similar games?

firedragon.png

#3 gary

gary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Yes, drivers up to date, no error messages,first time play through, does not happen with any other games. Thanks

#4 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,577 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

What are your PC specs?

When it freezes and you close it down, if you open it and click Play (to go to the same scene) does it just freeze again?

Restarting or reinstalling will not have any effect here. This is just a scene that has more going on in the way of animation, and it runs more slowly than most others on my machine as well.

#5 gary

gary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yes, after closing down then open and click play to same scene, it just freezes again. I just did a new game up to the door again and got same freeze. The words 'Scarecrow Alley' do appear then the freeze. I left it running and the scene never appears. I have a windows xp pro service pak 3, 2 quad cpu @2.50 GHZ and 2.49 GB Ram. And enormous memory. If that is what you mean by specs. I am not very computer literate. Just like to play games. Thanks again.

#6 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,577 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yes, that's the information I was after. Can you try closing ANY other program you might have open, then loading the game and seeing if it displays that scene for you?

#7 gary

gary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

No other programs running. Not antivirus either.

#8 gary

gary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

When downloading about 75% of the way through I recieved a message 'decompression failed crc error' Anyone know what that means and how to fix it?

Merged Topics

#9 Mopiece

Mopiece

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 6,146 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Have you tried downloading it with another browser to see if you still get that error?

firedragon.png

#10 gary

gary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Tried Firefox a few times as well and file would not download. Only error message was 'failed' I don't think this is going to work. Maybe I can pay the extra and have the disc sent to me without buying the whole game again. I'm playing Gypsies Tales now and it downloaded just fine. Odd. I don't think it's me. something wrong with 'Curse of whatever'. Curse is on the download.

#11 Mopiece

Mopiece

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 6,146 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

No, it's not the game. It's downloaded fine for me. Are you trying to get it from here or somewhere else?

Do you Chrome? Could you try it on there?

firedragon.png

#12 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,577 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

I'd try to resolve your other issue before considering buying the CD. If the game was running, redownloading/reinstalling it would not affect that issue - you would still encounter it after reinstalling.

#13 gary

gary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

You're right. I found another browser that downloaded it correctly. Thanks. In the meantime I finished the other game 'sectrets of the tower' or whatever. Very Good but I like 'curse' better. I usually don't like hidden object games, but I liked these very much. Please make some more, but make them more like 'curse' than 'tower'. Thanks again for the help and thanks to the dev for the games.

#14 Mopiece

Mopiece

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 6,146 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

So were you able to complete Curse at Twilight?

firedragon.png

#15 gary

gary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Not yet. I haven't had time. I'm still in the Scarecrow Alley to solve the murder. I forgot to mention that I absolutely hate puzzles too but these games are my exception. Glad I tried them. If it weren't for the demo's I wouldn't have even considered them. Once I tried a few minutes of the demo I was hooked!!!

#16 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,577 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Gary, are you still having issues with Scarecrow Alley not loading, or has that also fixed itself?

#17 gary

gary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

All fixed. Everything works fine after downloading it again on a different browser. Thank you.

#18 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,577 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Awesome! You really had me stumped with that other issue, so I'm VERY glad you're able to play without it freezing.

I would NOT have thought reinstalling would change it at all. Did you download from the same place each time?

#19 gary

gary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yes, I always downloaded it from this site. Should finish the game soon. Very impressed. Can't wait for another one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users