Aveyond Studios Community
Mayflower

Announced makeover of Aveyond 2

I am pretty interested cause I actually think that the make over is a bit of a treat to everyone! A very sweet one that is! If this goes over well, then we might just be lucky to get a makeover on AV1 and all of the chapters in AV3. I would also like to see the Gavin and Nicolas goodie being turned into a Humility thing like the mirror, the boot to the rump, and cheese for the beggar quest. It would be a very good way to teach Nicolas to get along with witches and pirates at the same time.

So, is this makeover ever gonna actually happen or not? It was supposed to be done by 31st of January. It's now 13th of February. I was expecting at least an update or something. I mean even if it's not finished yet would it be too much to say: okay, it's not done yet, but work is going well, we just need to finish some bugs or something.

Cause I for one am starting to hate the way games here are introduced, a date given and then when the date comes, nothing happens. Lack of updates is far more frustrating than a message saying 'sorry, we're working on it, but for whatever reason it's just not done yet'.

I don't recall the makeover being done by January 31st. Games take time to make. Just be patient.

I don't know why you're acting like it's a common thing for games to be introduced with a date and then the game doesn't come out at that time. That doesn't happen often.

Checked the Facebook news lately? This was published on 24th December 2013 for Aveyond 2:

"Guesstimated launch date: Jan 31st"

as for this comment:

I don't know why you're acting like it's a common thing for games to be introduced with a date and then the game doesn't come out at that time. That doesn't happen often.

Do the Upcoming games portion of this site and the games Edolie, Dragons among us and Pixel Pygmies ring any bells? Don't tell me it doesn't often happen. I realise not all of those are produced by Amaranth. I also realise some of the developers have very good reasons for their delays, because they bothered to post them. That's why I never commented on that before.

But when it gets to be like the fourth or so game that was announced here, with date given and not met and it just passes with no update or comment? Sorry, but that's a little much for me. I think I am patient when there's cause for it.

I must have missed that. Please, chill out. And note that it says guesstimated. Meaning, not set in stone. Things may have arisen when making changes to the game.

First, the maker of Edolie has injured her hand and explained that it is causing her to go slower on the game. It is in the testing phase, and she just gave an update a few days ago. Also, note that this game is not be made by Amaranth at all.

Second, Shaz is the only one working on Dragon Among Us and did some miscalculations on the game and when it would be released.

Third, Pixel Pygmies will probably be out soon. The game has recent updates on Facebook regularly. From what I remember, there are just a few things left to do. And one thing to remember with this game is that Amanda is using a different engine. So this one is going to take longer.

I realise not all of those are produced by Amaranth. I also realise some of the developers have very good reasons for their delays...

You realize that and admit they have good reasons for delay, and yet you can't be patient?

But when it gets to be like the fourth or so game that was announced here, with date given and not met and it just passes with no update or comment? Sorry, but that's a little much for me. I think I am patient when there's cause for it.

It's not that far past the date, which again was an estimate date. And no date was given for Edolie or Pixel Pygmies. Actually try being patient, because there is cause for it.

Well, if works like how new builds did in the past. Other sites will get the game, but it's up to them if they upgrade the game. If they do upgrade, then you would just have to reinstall and maybe reenter your game code.

If they don't upgrade the game, but you want a copy, then you'd have to buy the game again.

Sorry to necropost...but is this still happening? I don't feel like scrolling through months of the Facebook feed looking for any mention of it. I know and fully respect that Amanda and co. are busy with other projects, but it's been almost a full 3/4 of a year since the projected release date :/

Or did the update already get released and I missed it?