Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
crunkbanker

A different karma point question

I read the FAQ so I understand how it works and how you can redeem yourself if you steal, but what I want to know is this: I didn't realize about the statutes till later and right now I can't get to some of the towns I was in before. Will I able to go back to all towns and at what point? like I don't know how to get back to Elfwood and the Ice Town is blocked off. Will I have to wait a lot longer now to get the special sphere or will it not really matter. I hope that made sense XD

If you've not stolen from the remaining eight towns then there is still a chance to get the Phoenix Sphere. There are two optional quests that will earn you one karma point each, and with the eight other donation boxes, will give you the ten karma points you need. The first is to turn the beast back into a man (quest can be triggered once Gulliver arrives at Ravenwood). The second is to deliver Great-Grandma Nora's love letter to her (quest is triggered when you speak to Nora at Casket Hill).

hmmmm-im not sure, but dont steal from more than one town, because so far i only have 11 karma points at the end, w/ all accomplished quests (except primary and tailors kitone) and all towns w/ activated statues, well if they have any.

if you have 11 karma points and have completed both the karma side quests, it means you haven't stolen from any donation box, just forgotten to donate in one, because if you steal, you get -1 karma point, so it becomes 9(donation)+2(quests)-1(theft)=10 points. and since crunkbanker didn't donate in either Elfwood or Shaenlir (both of which will be inaccessible until the end of the story), any thefts will not make it possible for the points to sum up to 10.

If you miss two boxes, and steal once, you have 7 karma. After doing 2 karma quests, you have 9 karma. Shaenlir can only be reached until final battle, and the Vale, only in the ending with Iya.

That means, yeah, Aisling's right. Impossible to get Phoenix Sphere til the end of the game if you miss 2 boxes and steal from one.

actually, if you miss 2 boxes and steal from one, you'll only have 6 karma.

When you steal from the box, you LOSE a karma point - you don't just stay on whatever you were. So if you donate in 7 boxes and steal from one, you'll drop back to 6 points.

When you steal, not only do you not get another karma point, but you lose one of the ones you previously had.

Let's go through it...

forgot to donate in Elfwood - 0 karma points

forgot to donate in Shaenlir - 0 karma points

donate in Ryva - 1 karma point

donate in Ravenwood - 2 karma points

donate in Thais - 3 karma points

donate in Candar - 4 karma points

donate in Seri - 5 karma points

donate in Verashema - 6 karma points

donate in Happily Ever After - 7 karma points

steal in Eredar - drop back to 6 karma points, because you lose one when you steal.

So if you miss two, steal from one, and donate in the other 7, you'll only have 6 karma points.

;)

Edited* I think I will just start over because I see now that it will take me longer to get the sphere and I also missed the music box quest. I only have 1 hour in so its not a big deal. I didn't want to use the walkthrough to play the game but I hate missing cool stuff along the way XD

the music box quest can actually be completed right at the end of the game, after the final battle. But by then the reward is not much use to you.

I guess the clue is, whenever you go to a new place, explore around and look at everything first. Though you couldn't know, unless through the forums, that Elfwood and Shaenlir donation boxes would only be available to you for a brief period at the start of the game.

good luck :) (and good luck Aisling with your exams!)

yes. There are 10 donation boxes, and you need 10 karma points for the sphere.

Some people will do the Ravenwood beast quest (return him to human form) and earn a karma point from that while they are in Happily Ever After & Verashema, which will let them get the Phoenix Sphere before they go to Brimstone Underpass and Eredar, and before they reach the final donation box.

Shaz wrote:

the music box quest can actually be completed right at the end of the game, after the final battle. But by then the reward is not much use to you.

Are you sure the music box quest can be done at the end of the game? I remember that I can't buy the box from the merchant after beating the final boss.

yes, someone else asked the question a little while ago, and I didn't think it was possible, so I went back to a saved game where I was about to go into the final battle. I hadn't done that quest. After all was well again and people were milling about in the city, I was able to get the quest and buy the music box.

This was version 2 also.