join mailing list join Aveyond Kingdom on Twitter join Aveyond Studios on Facebook
We've created top-selling apps for iOS and Windows. What are we working on next? Games and tools! Browse our titles and maybe play a game or two. Want to chat? We have an active gaming community.

Aveyond 4: Shadow of the MistCurse at TwilightAveyond 3-4: The Darkthrop ProphecyA Gypsy's TaleAveyond 3-3: The Lost OrbAveyond 3-2: Gates of NightAveyond 3-1: Lord of TwilightYummy Drink FactoryAveyond 2: Ean's Quest
Photo
- - - - -

Black Butterflies[A unique journey to the truth!]

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 zahra

zahra

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:18 PM

7E12C.png

Storyline

It always starts with a question. The question is, How far would you go? How far would you go to take revenge? How far would you go to prove yourself? How far would you go to break the limits? How far would you go to bring "Justice"???

The story that has been told to him is simple, Roman is a young peasant who has his own questions to answer, Join him as he goes on a mysterious journey. He's been chosen by Myra (The angel of war) to search all over the world to find five famous heroes and stop a big army of black butterflies that is attacking the Earth for no good reason...But...What's the whole point of this?! Black butterflies destroying the world? That's absolutely absurd...Unless it's all planned by someone to make a big show. Someone who would go THIS far to bring her own "Justice"...She's screaming, Are you listening carefully enough?! 

Features

Kind of a fangame, Including 10 characters from 5RPGs. Note that the game also has its own characters and story
3 endings
20 side quests
A huge world, Including 8 islands
Animated side view battle system
Switch between party members during the battle!
40 hours of gameplay

Screenshots

Castle.png
Cave.png
Inside.png
forest.png
Town.png
Mt.png
TownN.png

Download

Windows (Setup file):

Mac (Zip file):

Walk-through

First Island (Green Island)

Second island (Northern island)

Third island (Underworld)

Fourth island (Main island)

Fifth island (Southern island)

Sixth island (Western island)

Seventh island (Northeastern island)

Eighth island (Eastern island)

Finale

Credits:

The following companies own the copyright for character creation:

Aldorlea Games: 
Marine, Bokden, Benoit & Lord Dragon from Millennium series

Amaranth Games: 
Rhen, Dameon & Pirate John from Aveyond 1 
Mel, Te'ijal & Stella from Aveyond 3

Dancing Dragon Games:
Carrion, Teresa, Maric and Ruby from 7 Deadly Sins 2
Claret & Sullivan from Skyborn

The complete list of credits is available in game

Note: This game is still in beta stage so it's buggy. I'm waiting for you guys to report bugs to me. If anyone is willing to be a beta tester, Just PM me. The credit will be given. 

ATTENTION! I developed this game to gain experience, So please don't expect it to be a great game. I'm still learning, So any feedback is really appreciated. And as you know, English is not my first language so the game is probably hard to understand at some points. Thank you for your patience!

• Old Timer, lenagq2, Liluunadrobe and 7 others like this

#2 zahra

zahra

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

UPDATE #1
the game is missing a .dll file. if you have RPG Maker XP, you won't have any problems. If you don't, please download the dll from this link and paste it in the game folder. Also if you're downloading the game now, there is no need to get this file because it's been fixed.

https://drive.google...HNIandPUm8/view

#3 vumpires_assistant

vumpires_assistant

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:50 PM

looks promising. i'll try playing it when i find time :)

40 hours of gameplay... that's kinda huge! no wonder it's a 377 mb file  :)

#4 zahra

zahra

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

Thank you! Yes, Black Butterflies is a huge game and I've put so much time and effort into it. I'm looking forward to your feedback ^-^

#5 GrannyC

GrannyC

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:32 PM

I was really enjoying your game until I tried to get the hook. My arthritis wont let me move fast. Is there any other way to get the hook? 

#6 zahra

zahra

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

Hi! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed my game :D Thank you. I can suggest you 2 options to get the hook:

1. I've added an option to skip mini games. So if you re-download the game now, You can skip that part and get the hook. I recommend you to download it again because you'll face another mini game later where you have to press the buttons quickly. You can skip that too if you have the new version. (Don't worry, your current saved game will be safe.)

2. You can send me your saveflies so I can quickly finish that mini game for you and send them back :) (This is where you should look for the savefiles in your computer: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Black Butterflies)

Feel free to ask any questions you have about the game, It's my pleasure to help as much as I can ^^

Have a nice day!

#7 GrannyC

GrannyC

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:41 AM

:)Thank you so very much. I am downloading it now. 

#8 GrannyC

GrannyC

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:17 PM

I have a question about the red stone for Alex. I picked up the stone in the cave and said "this is what Alex wants". When I got back to the beach and talked to him again he asked if I had found anything and I said "no". Is this a glitch?

#9 zahra

zahra

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:47 PM

Thank you for reporting this bug ^^ I'm going to make a huge update on Tuesday, Please check it out :)

#10 zahra

zahra

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE! Make sure you'll download this one, Major changes have been done. Also walkthrough is coming out soon!

Have fun!

EDIT: The walkthrough is ready for the second and third island! Download it from the first post

#11 Dicle

Dicle

Amaranthian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

Can I ask which engine did you use?

#12 zahra

zahra

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:18 PM

I used RPG Maker XP to make this game but I used some resources from RPG Maker VX Ace too.

by the way I like to hear what you think about the game if you have tried it :)

#13 flaxin1

flaxin1

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:50 PM

I'm really enjoying this game! The only thing is the grind to get money to upgrade weapons and armor, but other than that (and I can deal with that) I like this a lot!! Well done!! I'm almost ready to go to Western Island. :) Thanks for making this great game!!

Oh, how do I get the walkthrough for the Western and Northeast islands please??

Thanks!

#14 zahra

zahra

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

Hi! Thank you so much for your nice comment :) I appreciate it. I've put the download links of the walkthrough in the first post before. I just checked them again and they work fine. Could you please try them?

Have a nice day and thanks again :)

• flaxin1 likes this

#15 flaxin1

flaxin1

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

Something odd happened when I went to Thais to decide who was queen. The town was on fire and destroyed so we were on our way to the castle when we went into one of the open doorways in the town. There was a person inside the room and it all of a sudden reverted back to the town being fine again, and everyone was back in town. Castle wasn't burned down or anything. I restarted and didn't go into any of the rooms this time and I got to the end of Southern island.  I also couldn't open my inventory at all when I went into the destroyed Thais. Something similar happened when I went to find Minerva on the mountain, there is one of those wizards that changes your weapons/armor if you go to the left on the mountain. When I went that way and saw him, I suddenly couldn't open my inventory again to even upgrade anything. I believe I got stuck in that room with him also so I had to do a cntrl/alt/delete to move on.

#16 flaxin1

flaxin1

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

Hi! Thank you so much for your nice comment :) I appreciate it. I've put the download links of the walkthrough in the first post before. I just checked them again and they work fine. Could you please try them?

Have a nice day and thanks again :)

They worked for me today, it hadn't yesterday.  YAY!

#17 zahra

zahra

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:39 PM

Oh I'm very sorry that you had to deal with this bug :( I'll fix it as soon as my laptop is repaired '^^ Thanks for reporting the bug and supporting me! Hope u enjoy the game
  • flaxin1 likes this

#18 flaxin1

flaxin1

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:53 PM

I've gotten so involved with the characters, it almost had me in tears with the Tooth Fairy. I already know I'm going to miss these characters.  Will you be making anymore walkthroughs? I'm trying to find Green Mother, I think I might know where she is. :)

#19 zahra

zahra

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:41 PM

Oh that's kind of you! I wrote the walkthrough for Eastern island and the final stage. You can check the first post to download them. By the way I'll be so glad to read your review about the gameplay, characters, story, surprising moments, etc. Thank you for your support and attention :)

• flaxin1 likes this

#20 gracelessEnn

gracelessEnn

Amaranthian

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:06 AM

can i request a world map? really have no idea how to go back to meldin beach. 

EDIT: Nevermind. I got there. lol. btw, great game. really enjoying it so far

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users