Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ant

Technical FAQs (and fixes)

Hi everyone, I'm going to keep a list of issues that come up during the release of the game and how to fix them. Keep an eye on this thread if you have a technical issue with your game.

ISSUE 1: GAME CLOSES RIGHT AFTER BRIDGE

There was a bug in the demo. We have fixed this. But if this has already happened to you, please load an older save file. Check out this topic to see what other players are doing to get around the problem:

http://aveyond.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16738-game-closes-right-after-bridge/

ISSUE 2: GAME LAGS OR RANDOMLY CRASHES

This is usually due to a memory leak with an audio or video driver. As memory leaks during gameplay, it slows down the game and may even crash it. If you close the game and restart it (or restart your computer) and the problem goes away, it's probably a memory leak. To get help with this issue, check out this topic: 

http://aveyond.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6507-technical-help-if-any-games-are-not-working-properly/

ISSUE 3: GAME WON'T INSTALL

If you have an anti-virus product on your computer, your settings may not allow you to download files from the Internet. To fix this issue, turn of your anti-virus before downloading the game. Check out this topic to see what other players are doing to get around this issue:

http://aveyond.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16726-issues-installing-the-demo/

ISSUE 4: GAME FROZE AND NOW WON'T OPEN

If you were playing the game, it froze or crashed, then when you attempted to re-open the game, it would not re-start, you may have a corrupt Autosave file. To fix:

1. On your desktop, right-click Start and select File Explorer.
  2. In File Explorer, in the address bar, enter:  %appdata%/Aveyond 4
  3. Press your Return key. This opens your Aveyond 4 folder.
  4. In your Aveyond 4 folder, drag Av4-0.save to your desktop. Make sure this file is no longer in your Aveyond 4 folder.
  5. Restart your game. 
  6. If the problem still persists, it could be another save game file. To test, I would move all of your save game files to another folder and test. If the game loads, slowly add them back into the Aveyond 4 folder until you find out which one is crashing the game.

Hey Aveyond Dev Team!

So far really enjoying the game...however sometimes when I load an earlier save slot it doesn't register and so I can't go back and try a different path on things like the thief in Briar Woods.  Also I think I was supposed to gain a level after giving the dragon his flower but nothing happened.  Just now I was already a level 15 but when I leveled again it said Boyle is now 15. I'm 100% sure that the level did not go up to 16 as it should have and I reloaded from an earlier slot before I leveled again just to be sure I was already at level 15.  Do you guys have a patch for this? Thanks

Forgot to put in that I'm running on Windows 10.  Looks like maybe a save/load issue.  I noticed that SOMETIMES I'd load from a later spot (about 2 minutes after last save) but still load me to where I was later in the game.  Thank you.

Hi creators of the aveyond world,

I have the problem of the character may sometime walk in the gaps of stuffs. and the graphic was not coherent to the real standing position. Standing one grid in front of the chest will open the chest and people may walk into walls.9bac5ea0e89c0768.jpg

I got stuck (can't move, can't get to menu) in Halaina.  I took a screen shot, but I can't figure out how to share it.

It's near a stairway to the second level doorway of a house.  To my left is person in a green shirt selling a helmet of some sort and to my right in a food seller with a mutton pie.

Edit:  It was the stairs to the official blacksmith's shop.  It worked fine after I quit and reloaded a saved game.

Upload the screenshot to an image-hosting site (like Photobucket) and use the little button that looks like a Polaroid picture of a tree. Paste the image url when prompted :)

My first suggestion would be to quit without saving and reload. Also, tell us how you got stuck there! Did something unusual happen that transported you there instead of somewhere else?

This is a new one. I'm in Whisper Woods and somehow or another managed to call up the Debug menu and my character was frozen for a few seconds. I have no idea what key I hit but suddenly the character advanced on his own to a scene with a dragon. It's like it skipped forward in the storyline, handed the dragon an "artifact" and then I was able to take over. By this point the debug menu was gone and the storyline resumed like the character had never seen the dragon before. 

However now my character can't go down any of the ladders. At all. 

Help? 

I will try going to my previous save, but I kind of hate to lose the progress. 

I think what you pressed was the key containing the ` character. It brings up the debug menu and from then on, you must have pressed one of the options (I forgot what it was called but it skips some of the timeline like you experienced). Your best bet now is to just play from a previous save >.<

I think what you pressed was the key containing the ` character. It brings up the debug menu and from then on, you must have pressed one of the options (I forgot what it was called but it skips some of the timeline like you experienced). Your best bet now is to just play from a previous save >.<

Thank you for replying. And I will, but I sure hate to lose all that progress. I've been playing Aveyond games for a long time and have never run into this. Honestly, I'd prefer not to do so again. I'm fairly sure I don't need access to this feature. 

Glad to help, and really sorry you had to experience this. If you're using a laptop, the debug menu access key appears to be right below the escape key, so just be careful when you try to open the menu.

Edit : forgot to mention this, but just in case you run into this problem, or anyone else does, try checking what your last autosave was. Beats having to start from scratch.

I suspect you might be using windows 1 0. I  am and have the same problem. It is a flaw that they haven't fixed. The only thing that helps is to go to settings, system, display. Slide the bar all the way to the right to 175%. Then play the game in windows mode. It makes it large enough to see, Not perfect but playable. I hate 10.

How long does it take to get a new downolad link? Beacuse it's been 24 hours and I still didn't get it. My old one doesn't work anymore. I hate being stuck in the middle of the game.

Oh, and was the Ingrid dragon bug fixed in the last new download? Cause I wished to choose that coven for her.

Check and make sure it wasn't put in your spam folder.

Guys. Stop asking questions in this thread. It isn't the place. This is just quick FAQ for people to look at. If you have a question, then make a new thread.

No, your save files will not be touched.

Just go to the email you got when you bought the game, and use the download link to download the game again. Then use the installer to install the game again.