Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pokémon

Halaina's Dungeon Guide! (spoilers)

Hello,

Since I haven't seen a complete guide of this on the forums, I took the liberty of writing a step-by-step guide on how to beat the dungeon in the basement of Halaina's Castle, for those of you who are stuck in this tricky section.  Obviously this will contain spoilers.  Tell me if anything is wrong!

FORTHWRONG'S DUNGEON:

-- FIRE SWORD --

1. You first meet Forthwrong in a crossroads room where you "fight" a crab. You reach level 3.
2. GO up 1 room (to the mirror), then right 1 room (to the opaque wizard), then go up through the tile with the fire icon to the next room.
3. Interact with the sword in the next room to get a FIRE SWORD.

*Note: the starting room is the four-way crossroads room with only one grey monster "slot".
*Note: "fights" in the dungeon aren't actually fights! They're just level comparisons, where you win if your level is higher than the monsters'.

-- FIRE BOOTS --

4. GO down 1 room (opaque wizard), left 1 room (mirror), then up one room through either of the two entrances, it doesn't matter.
5. Interact with the boots in the middle. You will get FIRE BOOTS and can now walk on fire.

-- THE GLEAMING EYE --

6. GO down 2 rooms (starting room), then right 2 rooms (purple orb), then up a room to a battle with two ravens. You reach level 4.
7. GO up 1 room and interact with the light-blue object. You will get THE GLEAMING EYE.

-- WATER BOOTS --

8. GO down 2 rooms (orb), then left 3 rooms (PAST starting room). You will see a PURPLE eye (Eye of Darkness), a BLUE eye (The Opaque Eye), and an empty table. Interact with the table to put the yellow eye there.
9. Pick up the BLUE eye, then GO right 3 rooms (orb). Interact with the orb and you will pick it up.
10. GO left 2 rooms (starting room), up 1 room (mirror), then right 1 room (wizard). The wizard will give you WATER BOOTS.

*Note: you can only have one eye equipped at once! Be sure to put your eye back to its table before picking up another one in the eye room!*

-- BAG OF RUBIES --

11. Go back to eye room. Pick up the YELLOW eye.
12. Right 1 (starting room), up 3 (big brown door), left 1. The DUNGEON CHEST KEY should appear now. Pick it up.
13. Go back to eye room. Pick up the PURPLE eye.
14. Down 1. Get to the chest without touching the black tiles or you'll be warped back to the beginning. Open it from the front to get the BAG OF RUBIES.

-- KING'S GOBLET --

15. Up 1 (eye room), right 1 (starting room), up 3 (big brown door), right 1. Approach the rogue and she'll trade your rubies for the KING'S GOBLET.
16. Go back to eye room. Left 1, approach the table to give the king his goblet. The door should open. Don't go through it yet!

-- WATER SWORD --

17. Go back to eye room. Pick up PURPLE eye if you don't have it already.
18. Right 1 (starting room), up 1 (mirror), right 1 (wizard), go up the entrance with the blue circular icon to the next room.
19. Interact with the sword to get a WATER SWORD.

-- NIGHTTIME --

20. Down 1 (wizard), left 1 (mirror), up 1 (empty three-way crossroads with four doors), left 1.
21. Interact with the flame with your Water Sword. It is now nighttime.
22. Right 1 (empty crossroads), up 1. Fight the three owls to get to level 5.
23. Return the map to DAY. You can return the map to daytime by going back to the wizard, going through the fire icon tile to the next room, and picking up the FIRE SWORD, then interacting with the pedestial where you put out the flame again.

*Note: some monsters will only appear at night, however clouds will impede your progress in this mode.

-- MONSTERS --

24. Go back to eye room and pick up PURPLE eye if you don't have it already. This guide will assume you start in eye room.
25. Right 2 (past starting room to room with fire covering bottom half of room. This is NOT the room where you found the purple orb with the wizard's staff!
26. Down 1. Fight four snails to get to level 6.

-- WHISPERING SWORD --

27. Up 1 (fire room), left 1 (starting room), up 1 (mirror), left 2 (green chest room). If the room to the left of the mirror room is too dark to see, go back to the eye room and pick up the PURPLE eye!
28. Up 1. Fight the monsters to get to level 7.
29. Down 1 (via left exit). Open the green chest to get the WHISPERING SWORD!

-- REFLECTIVE BALL --

30. Up 1 (fight room), down 1 (via right exit), right 3 (past mirror to wizard), up through yellow sparkly tile to get the LIGHTNING SWORD.
31. Down 1 (wizard), right 3 (green chest room), up 2 (past monster room). Interact with the dragon to get the REFLECTIVE BALL.

-- ENTERING MIRROR DUNGEON --

32. Return all the way back to the eye room and grab the YELLOW eye.
33. Go to the mirror room you passed so many times. Interact with it to enter the mirror dungeon!

-- MIRROR DUNGEON --

34. Up 1 to collect a CHEEKI and TORTURE DEVICE.
35. From the mirror room, go right. Go up through either the light or dark sword icons to get the HOLY SWORD or DARK SWORD. Either one will destroy the orb and unlock the door.

The HOLY SWORD gives you a LIGHT HEART on smashing the orb, which raises your health by 10%.
The DARK SWORD gives you a SHADOW HEART on smashing the orb, which raises your damage by 10%.

36. Down 1 (statues with fire tiles), left 2 (room with two small statues in middle), up 1. Grab the DUNGEON KEY (you need the YELLOW eye for this).
37. Up 1. Fight the crabs to get to level 8!
38. Backtrack to the mirror and interact with it to return to the regular dungeon.

-- MORE MONSTERS --

39. Go back to the wizard (right 1), go up through blue orb to get WATER SWORD, then interacting with the pedestial (back to mirror room, up 1, left 1). It is now NIGHT again.
40. Return to the mirror room, then down 1 (starting room), left 2 (past eye room to king's throne), up 1 (green chest room), left 1 (water room), cross the water and go up 1. Fight the monsters to get to level 9.
41. Return the map to DAY. You can return the map to daytime by going back to the wizard, going through the fire icon tile to the next room, and picking up the FIRE SWORD, then interacting with the pedestial where you put out the flame again.

-- FINAL BOSS --

42. Now, from the pedestial, right 1 (empty crossroads), up 1. Interact with the big door. You will open it with the DUNGEON KEY.
43. Go through the door. If you've followed this guide, you'll be level 9 and you'll clear the boss.

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE BEATEN FORTHWRONG'S DUNGEON!

N-.....now.... now.. after all I've been trough ... to get past that darn dungeon .. only now there's a guide for it .. 

Please no swearing in posts

Edited by Argoyle
Swearing

A part of me wants to slap the makers of this game for this dungeon, it is tedious, annoying and down right horrible even WITH A guide! (Yes, it is easier, just still as horrible XD) I am SO glad this part is over with! XD

Now, I just hope no one else comes along and goes "do you know there is another dungeon just like this later on in the game?" I don't think my heart could take that shock. XD

Thank you for the guide!

A part of me wants to slap the makers of this game for this dungeon, it is tedious, annoying and down right horrible even WITH A guide! (Yes, it is easier, just still as horrible XD) I am SO glad this part is over with! XD

Now, I just hope no one else comes along and goes "do you know there is another dungeon just like this later on in the game?" I don't think my heart could take that shock. XD

Thank you for the guide!

I didn't really need a guide (solved it on my own) but i agree with the "tedious and annoying" statement.

I am so lost in Dungeon that I am literally bored.. I can't pick up anything in the Dungeon except swords..I've been all over the place in Dungeon can't figure out why can't I open the final secret passage.. it says ' we need a key' now where is the key?? If its in the tresure box in the Dungeon its too dark can't go.. huhhhh!!