Aveyond Studios Community
callmedan

Ahriman's Prophecy (REBOOT)

Hello ! I've got Amanda's permission to create an alternate version of Ahriman's Prophecy.

This version will have the same graphic with Aveyond series (I know that there're some people like the pixel art in AP but why don't we try somethings different :P). I'll use sideview battle system for it, btw. After I finish this, I will try to make another edition using real-time battle system (like in original AP) if I have time.

And I can't make sure when I could finish this project but I'm gonna finish it anyway.

kxxXaam.jpg

Me too. And I don't know about the music. The music in AP is among my fav from Aveyond series. I love it! :)

New graphics is what this game really needs. Something to make it not look so pixely (I don't think that's an actual word - but I guess you can understand what I mean).

Are you assembling a team, or just making an announcement? Because, as things stand now, I could manage doing some art for this ;) I'm more comfortable with humanoid graphics than creature graphics, but I can take a crack at it. I'd also be happy to do some mapping, if you need that.

re: the list of changes, I don't think any location names need to be changed--least not that I remember, it's been a very long while since I last played AP--but item names, maybe. Again, it's been a while--I think they were fairly consistent with the items in AV, but if not, I think the consistency would be nice.

Are you assembling a team, or just making an announcement? Because, as things stand now, I could manage doing some art for this ;) I'm more comfortable with humanoid graphics than creature graphics, but I can take a crack at it. I'd also be happy to do some mapping, if you need that.

re: the list of changes, I don't think any location names need to be changed--least not that I remember, it's been a very long while since I last played AP--but item names, maybe. Again, it's been a while--I think they were fairly consistent with the items in AV, but if not, I think the consistency would be nice.

This is just an annoucement , but I may need some help in the future  :P

Ahriman's Prophecy was the best game of the seeies. My first smallsized rpg. :D İt made me addicted to it. It is an awesome idea to remake the game. But I really think music and the name is perfect. What the game needs is graphics and a new battle system. And some new Quests would be awesome. :D :D

Personally I wouldn't wear it on an adventure, but this is a video game XD

I don't know what guild you're depicting her as there, but I would think a priestess would have a slightly higher neckline. Other than that, I think it looks lovely! Looking forward to seeing the finished cover design.

Personally I wouldn't wear it on an adventure, but this is a video game XD

I don't know what guild you're depicting her as there, but I would think a priestess would have a slightly higher neckline. Other than that, I think it looks lovely! Looking forward to seeing the finished cover design.

Thanks ! We based on the original cover to design her dress .

Personally I think Devin looks a bit too old. I mean, he and Talia are like sixteen or seventeen in AP. Talia looks gorgeous, though.

Devin is a knight so I think he should look a bit mature , but i'll see if we need to fix him . and you know , Talia is half fairy so I think it's ok if she looks a bit gorgeous , and it looks like something she could afford after she's gone to school.

I wold think they'd fulfill a similar role to a book editor--look for typos, inconsistencies, plot holes and the like. Beta-testers, but mainly for the story and text.

Not sure, though. It's not something I've heard much about XD

I used to edit games for Amanda.  Editing involves reading all the text (conversations, item names, descriptions, etc ... anything that appears on the screen for a player to read).  It includes proof-reading everything and making changes as necessary, and sending it back to the gamemaker.  It can bounce back and forth.  :).

oh , i almost forgot about these things:

1. what do you think about keep 6 characters ? i mean when you find the 5th character then he/she will join the party and no character has to leave the party .

2. there's no two-hand weapon like the original game .