Aveyond Studios Community
callmedan

Ahriman's Prophecy (REBOOT)

OH NO! So all your maps.... gone? :o

Is there anything I can help? I still have the dialogue scripts with me, and the clean title art.

I noticed something...

Why is it that everytime someone reboots AP, everything crashes :o i remember a few years back 2 people tried to reboot AP too, and when they were almost done, their project files crashed as well! ;_;

So weird...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aveyond Kingdom

thanks ! i have a backup folder , but it dont have those newest maps i've just finished . only events data is ok :'( i almost cried then ...

I just discovered this topic now and I think this is a great idea! One question: will the old version of the game be available along with the new one? Even though I was never able to finish AP, I'd still like to play the old version first, and then try the updated one. And oh no about your project files crashing :( I hope you're able to recover it!

I just discovered this topic now and I think this is a great idea! One question: will the old version of the game be available along with the new one? Even though I was never able to finish AP, I'd still like to play the old version first, and then try the updated one. And oh no about your project files crashing :( I hope you're able to recover it!

thank you ! the old version will still be available . because this is just a reboot made by a fan , not by Amaranth Games team , so there's no reason to remove the old version .

I must admit... I totally forgot where the soundtrack "Star" was in the game... but the minute the Town soundtrack came on.... OH WOW!!!!! Instant recognition, it's different but it's the soundtrack of Thais :') I have so much emotion right now to be honest

I love it!

I must admit... I totally forgot where the soundtrack "Star" was in the game... but the minute the Town soundtrack came on.... OH WOW!!!!! Instant recognition, it's different but it's the soundtrack of Thais :') I have so much emotion right now to be honest

I love it!

I don't know where "Star" was , I found the midi file of "Star" in music folder sounds annoying so I decided to remake it . and I even didn't remember that Town soundtrack was the soundtrack of Thais XD btw, I decided to use the soundtrack of Thais in AV1 for my reboot XD

Oh dear! I hope you get it all back! We can all sympathize, I think, everyone who has ever made anything in RPG Maker, knows how much time it takes!

A question, though: what script did you use to put Candar's name on the map?

tuskel,

sincerely

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Aveyond Kingdom

Oh dear! I hope you get it all back! We can all sympathize, I think, everyone who has ever made anything in RPG Maker, knows how much time it takes!

A question, though: what script did you use to put Candar's name on the map?

tuskel,

sincerely

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Aveyond Kingdom

I used Amaranth's script , i found somewhere on internet 

Lol..I'm such a horrible fan because i totally forgot where this place is xD

because the graphics are not the same with the original game XD You"ll know where it is when the reboot finished :D btw I just saw your ...mmm... profile on Behance XD

Wait! Are you guys actually doing this? :D

Sent from my Le X526 using Aveyond Kingdom

Yes , I am XD

Specter, callmedan is totally devoted to it xD I'm so excited!

callmedan, how did you find it? Hahah! I'm guessing you saw my showreel too lol... oh by the way, sorry I haven't been on Skype lately. I still owe you one more dialogue script (rough draft already written, just need to polish up)

Awesome!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'd love to help you out with this, but I don't have a lot of time really. I could do scripting for you though, having used ruby for a very long time. Also, are you considering battler graphics? If you are not short on art, the battle system from Exit Fate is the best I've ever seen in an RMXP game (which you are using, right?) and it wouldn't be hard for me to implement. And are you using UMS? (I really love those comic style text boxes, though its a lot of work :P)

Btw, I hope you have all the Aveyond artwork (tilesets, icons etc.) at hand, cause since this is an aveyond series, it really wont matter if those are used here. I especially like the tilesets from the OOM series, since they are really easy to create big continuous forests. And you could grab items as-is from Aveyond 1, since it would also give it a better feel of continuity.

Thanks ! That'd be great if I got your help :D and yes , i'm using UMS . I don't know how Exit Fate battle system looks like but I'd like to use the system like AV series .

And yes , I have AV series graphics . I have to admit that AV1 tilesets are quite hard to use , I almost finish all maps so i can't redo everything (i'm gonna cry if i have to ... because there're already more than 110 maps)

THIS IS AWESOME! I have high hopes for this project! I myself attempted to recreate AP four years ago but college was really taxing for me that I had to stop development. I tried rebooting the development a year ago and managed to recreate Aaron Walz's Peace3 (the Title Screen) and the soundtrack for Elden.

You are a good producer yourself (opened your soundcloud account) but in case you need other music, I'm hoping you can take your time to listen to it (to decrease your workload haha) and maybe you can have use for it.

https://soundcloud.com/kelbenray/ahrimans-prophecy-title-screen-peace3-remake

(didn't upload the Elden soundtrack sorry...)

I'm really hoping this remake gets finished!!! I'm excited!

THIS IS AWESOME! I have high hopes for this project! I myself attempted to recreate AP four years ago but college was really taxing for me that I had to stop development. I tried rebooting the development a year ago and managed to recreate Aaron Walz's Peace3 (the Title Screen) and the soundtrack for Elden.

You are a good producer yourself (opened your soundcloud account) but in case you need other music, I'm hoping you can take your time to listen to it (to decrease your workload haha) and maybe you can have use for it.

https://soundcloud.com/kelbenray/ahrimans-prophecy-title-screen-peace3-remake

(didn't upload the Elden soundtrack sorry...)

I'm really hoping this remake gets finished!!! I'm excited!

Thank you ! I have 2 years left in the university, it's quite busy but I will try my best to finish this remake.

and yeah, I've heard your Peace3 remake before. I think the harp sound (is that the harp or guitar?) is a bit out of tune . But it's ok , y'know , it's not easy to recreate those soundtracks .

I don't know how I feel about this... Ahriman's Prophecy is possibly my favorite game of all time. I can definitely appreciate some of the touch ups - having the name of each place appear on the screen is a fantastic addition. The graphics are meh, I never understood why anybody would dislike the pixel art in AP. It was a genuine 16bit RPG experience, truly beautiful. I have my qualms with the Aveyond style, but it is cute to see the world of AP reimagined like this :lol:

Personally I wouldn't change the battle system for the world. Real time battles were one of the things that really set AP apart from other RPGs for me, and that was the main reason I never got into Aveyond. So I admit I'm disappointed you're scrapping that. I would really love to see an improved version of the original battle system without all the glitches (particularly casting spells and using items in real time). The battles felt like one of the defining features of the game, it just won't be the same without it.

In any case though, it's still fantastic to see that there's still love for the original game. I always felt like it deserved so much more respect and attention than it got, and I look forward to seeing the progress on this :)

I don't know how I feel about this... Ahriman's Prophecy is possibly my favorite game of all time. I can definitely appreciate some of the touch ups - having the name of each place appear on the screen is a fantastic addition. The graphics are meh, I never understood why anybody would dislike the pixel art in AP. It was a genuine 16bit RPG experience, truly beautiful. I have my qualms with the Aveyond style, but it is cute to see the world of AP reimagined like this :lol:

Personally I wouldn't change the battle system for the world. Real time battles were one of the things that really set AP apart from other RPGs for me, and that was the main reason I never got into Aveyond. So I admit I'm disappointed you're scrapping that. I would really love to see an improved version of the original battle system without all the glitches (particularly casting spells and using items in real time). The battles felt like one of the defining features of the game, it just won't be the same without it.

In any case though, it's still fantastic to see that there's still love for the original game. I always felt like it deserved so much more respect and attention than it got, and I look forward to seeing the progress on this :)

Thanks ! Actually I've thought about that real time battle system already . but that system is quite hard to use , so I decided to use sideview battle system . After finishing this reboot , if I have time , I'll make an edition using realtime battle system :P

That would be awesome :D

I finally found a copy of the old version 1.0, and funnily enough it uses the random encounter / turn based battles (and has a proper display for class and experience). It's like a whole other game though, using the world map to go between towns and caves. I assume you're keeping the same maps as version 2.1, such as the forest right outside Elden village? It'll be fun to see all of those remade.

By the way, how are you doing the different systems, like experience / classes, and battle damage etc. Do you have access to the code for the original game so that you can reuse those parts, or are you rebuilding them? I'm wondering if that'll alter the difficulty scale of the game. I don't really work with RPG Maker but I do a lot of programming, so I'm quite interested in the process you're going through!

That would be awesome :D

I finally found a copy of the old version 1.0, and funnily enough it uses the random encounter / turn based battles (and has a proper display for class and experience). It's like a whole other game though, using the world map to go between towns and caves. I assume you're keeping the same maps as version 2.1, such as the forest right outside Elden village? It'll be fun to see all of those remade.

By the way, how are you doing the different systems, like experience / classes, and battle damage etc. Do you have access to the code for the original game so that you can reuse those parts, or are you rebuilding them? I'm wondering if that'll alter the difficulty scale of the game. I don't really work with RPG Maker but I do a lot of programming, so I'm quite interested in the process you're going through!

I haven't play AP 1.0 yet so I dont know how it looks like . All maps are based on maps in AP (the version is available on this site now... 2.1? ) and Aveyond series . 

and RPG Maker provide everything like experience/classes, etc. I cant reuse anything from the original game because I cant use RM2003 system for RMXP. I can take the informations from the original game only , like name of items, skills, dialogues , etc . btw , I cant do programming myself because I have no knowledge about Ruby , so I just search scripts on the Internet .

Oh, I see!

Well in that case I'd be happy to help if you have any programming troubles. I actually teach an introductory programming class at university. I find it totally fascinating.

In particular, if you ever decide to try using the real time battle system, I would be really interested in figuring out how that's programmed in RPG Maker because I know that part of AP used a lot of custom code.

Hi again!

I'm sorry that I could not be of any help till now (but then I'm too busy to even breathe properly). Check out Blizz ABS if you want an action battle system. Actually it's much more advanced and supports many functions. There are also a few really great custom HUDs available for it, in case the default one is too plain for your liking.