Aveyond Studios Community
suzi_b

great game - only question: sound win10

My first post on a forum like this!

Essentially my comment is simply feedback and not really forum-type.

Basically I want to congratulate you all on your wonderful work. I just recently (2 or 3 months ago) stumbled across Aveyond - started with Rhen and was hooked from the start  ;)

Right now I'm playing "The lost Orb" and enjoying it very much, I like the changes you made (easier access to options while fighting, making some moves/challenges almost impossible using the mouse - we are reminded that RPG never required a mouse!...), the storyline is compelling and I love the way it takes up all the previous chapters - in a sometimes surprising way (who would have thought that Sienna would be banned from the house because of the instrument she is forced to learn  :D  )

My only problem is with the sound - I read people raving about the music etc. - since I started the "Orb" series I haven't been able to activate it (I had it disabled at the beginning of the quest and would have liked to turn it on later). I'm playing on Windows 10, I think I have Build C for The Lost Orb.

One question to the forum and the links: The map links and quite a few others don't work Is that intentional? I usually don't need a walkthrough but a map is quite helpful now and then (e.g the worm tunnels - I died so often I almost gave up).

One last question: do you profit more if I buy your games from the Aveyond.com page or from BFG? I'd like you to get the benefit of my money as BFG has already had quite some!

Am looking forward to 3-4 and 4!

Suzi

Not sure about the sound issues. They may just be a Window 10 thing. Does this happen in other games?

The forum actually recently moved, so it's not intentional for links not to work. It's just an unfortunate side effect of the move.

And yes, Amaranth gets the most money if you buy the game straight from them.

Concerning the music/sound: I've played all your Aveyond games on Win10

Ahriman's Prophecy: the sound played even if I tried to turn it off :)

Rhen's Quest: I was able to turn it off and on as I wanted

Ean's Quest: Ditto

Since I started "Chapter 3" the sound has disappeared.

If I hit F1 in 3-3 a submenu appears with 4 boxes referring to abbreviations I don't know (all in capital letters), no matter what I click it doesn't make a difference to the game.

I have quit and restarted (at the point in the game I was, I'm not going to restart the whole chapter just because of the sound), the F1 menu did as described above

Merged posts.

~Mopiece

Just for reference, the boxes you want to have checked in that F1 window are "Play BGM and ME" and "Play BGS and SE".

Those stand for BackGround Music/Music Effects & BackGround Sound/Sound Effects.

On that note, just the music is not working?  You are able to hear all sound effects?

@ Dragon Lord: Installation was smooth and the game has been fine till now (have not finished) - am only curious about sound and music which doesn't seem to work.

@ Tempestarii Knight: I see the boxes you refer to, can hilight them but it doesn't let me put a "check mark" in them.... I have no sound coming from the game (listen to radio instead :)  )

What is the "music/sound" file called? I could see if it was installed or not.

Thanks for now

I have noticed that, when trying to check the boxes in that F1 menu, the mouse cursor goes behind the window and you don't know where you're pointing. So I will get close to the window, where I can still see the cursor, and then move the amount I think I need to to check the boxes.  Then move the cursor back out to where you can see it and do the same thing to reach the OK button.

Not sure why the window does this.