Aveyond Studios Community
princessbinas

Help Game Not Even Loading

I have played this game before on Windows 10, and recently I decided to play it again and found that it would not even load or run. I don't see it pop up in my task manager. I tried all of the compatibility troubleshooter and changing those compatibility settings to the other operating systems I have used (especially Windows 8 and XP) and still got the same error. I have no idea what is going on. The error states that "RSSG has decided to stop working", and I have absolutely no idea what is causing it. Even reinstalling the game does nothing for it.

I had the same problem and I just selected to enable DEP for only essential Windows programs, and the games were able to launch. Not sure where it's located but if you do that then I don't think you'll need to select it specifically

Once I was able to get the DEP window ungrayed (It was a PAINFUL process due to how many hoops I had to go through). It only ungrayed after I gave up somehow. After that, and adding every single RGSS related to Aveyond to the list while having the "essential Windows Programs" selected, I still had the same RGSS problem. However, after the Windows 10 Anniversary update installed itself today (after the problem randomly started out of the blue), I am not getting a DirectX Audio Error box on top of the original problem (It reads "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio").

I am sorry to double post, but I am still having issues and I recently did a recovery on my computer (I decided to give Avira anti-virus a try it and it wound up making one of my programs nothing more than an unrunable waste of space that I could not remove PERIOD) and found that the problem is still persisting. If anyone has something that has not been mentioned, please let me know. And on a side note, as far as I know AP is unaffected by this problem. It is just the Aveyond games that I have (AV1, AV2, AV3-4, and AV4).