Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kate21

Build B climbing guide glitch?

I am playing this years later and decided to take the climbing guide as my prize. I read the book and learned climb. I went back to the highlands to the spot I know where the cloak is (you can actually see the dirt pile to dig above the vines) and yet when I walk towards it nothing happens?

Is this a glitch in version B? My ex had this game years ago so I kept hold of it when we split :P

Years ago when I personally had the game which I cant remember which build it was it did work. So is there anything I may have forgotten to do or something to tap when I walk towards the vine?

Ooooh this is the first time I've heard of such a glitch... :o

You should be able to climb the rope once you've read the Climbing Guide. (It will automatically elevate you to the top)

Try pressing the Up button or "spacebar" multiple times... or if your version is Build C instead of B, try using the mouse. If that fails, try entering a cave and exiting again/save and quit your game and play again. If that fails too, then try alternating between different "leaders".

EDIT: Do you mind posting a screenshot of your character's position at the rope? :D (Just to make sure)

Because you said "vines" and that concerns me a little because the one you should be climbing is a rope and the Cloak of Invisibility isn't in a dirtpile...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aveyond Kingdom

Yes I was climbing something that wasn't a rope. Anyway I looked and found it. Thanks.

This is game as good as I remember it. Had surgery recently so off work but sitting up with little to do and this fits the bill nicely!

Oh glad you found it! And wishing you a fast recovery with no complications whatsoever <3

And yess Rhen's Quest has really stood the test of time. It's quite a classic, I must say... (maybe I'm just being biased, because AV1 is my favourite in the series, ha! :P )

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aveyond Kingdom