join mailing list join Aveyond Kingdom on Twitter join Aveyond Studios on Facebook
We've created top-selling apps for iOS and Windows. What are we working on next? Games and tools! Browse our titles and maybe play a game or two. Want to chat? We have an active gaming community.

Aveyond 4: Shadow of the MistCurse at TwilightAveyond 3-4: The Darkthrop ProphecyA Gypsy's TaleAveyond 3-3: The Lost OrbAveyond 3-2: Gates of NightAveyond 3-1: Lord of TwilightYummy Drink FactoryAveyond 2: Ean's Quest
Photo

How can I make an enemy drop either item or money?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tuskel

tuskel

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

I tried making this before in the enemies tab and all that happened was that I got both item and money. :S Where am I going wrong?

• lenagq2, MylesVessy, KishaEnace and 1 other like this

#2 Specter

Specter

The Ghost of Amaranthia

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:42 PM

RPGXP by default allows you to have only static prizes. Thus, you will get the same thing every time you kill an enemy. A workaround to this is to use corpses like Aveyond. So when you defeat an enemy, it turns on a switch which turns it to corpse. In the corpse, use a random variable to assign what you get. Thus you can also get variable amounts of gold, items and even nothing from a corpse.

Have an android? Aveyond Kingdom is on Google Play! Visit the app page!

Aveyond is now available for Linux and Mac!

Want to read Aveyond? I'm trying to write it! Tell me what you think:Aveyond: Lord of Twilight

#3 tuskel

tuskel

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:48 PM

Aha, thanks. I do like the visible monsters like in Aveyond, but at the same time I also like not searching through the corpses individually.

I think I will just have to be content with either money or items. Maybe both for some stronger monsters :)

#4 Specter

Specter

The Ghost of Amaranthia

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:17 AM

In case you don't want the corpses, simply trigger the item event after battle processing. This way, you achieve the same thing without the corpse.

Have an android? Aveyond Kingdom is on Google Play! Visit the app page!

Aveyond is now available for Linux and Mac!

Want to read Aveyond? I'm trying to write it! Tell me what you think:Aveyond: Lord of Twilight

#5 tuskel

tuskel

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:32 AM

True. I have much to learn! :D (And no doubt I'll be inventing countless bicycles! :P)

On the other hand, I love it when there are lots of chests and stuff to find rather than loads of grinding, so I might put in extra treasure and XP-raising items. :)

tuskel,

sincerely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users