Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuskel

How can I make an enemy drop either item or money?

5 posts in this topic

RPGXP by default allows you to have only static prizes. Thus, you will get the same thing every time you kill an enemy. A workaround to this is to use corpses like Aveyond. So when you defeat an enemy, it turns on a switch which turns it to corpse. In the corpse, use a random variable to assign what you get. Thus you can also get variable amounts of gold, items and even nothing from a corpse.

Aha, thanks. I do like the visible monsters like in Aveyond, but at the same time I also like not searching through the corpses individually.

I think I will just have to be content with either money or items. Maybe both for some stronger monsters :)

In case you don't want the corpses, simply trigger the item event after battle processing. This way, you achieve the same thing without the corpse.

True. I have much to learn! :D (And no doubt I'll be inventing countless bicycles! :P)

On the other hand, I love it when there are lots of chests and stuff to find rather than loads of grinding, so I might put in extra treasure and XP-raising items. :)

tuskel,

sincerely