Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
suzi_b

lydia's staff

Another question I haven't found an answer for...

I have Dragon and Sea staff which apparently enhance fire and water spells respectively. The fire spells are quite obvious (obtained from the Wyrm book); I was wondering if the water spells refer to the Storm book as I haven't noticed a great enhancement when equiped and using those spells.

She has also learned the spells from the Ancient book which do not seem to be affected much by which staff she uses.

Also: is Snowbringer an ancient or a water spell (seems to be the most powerful spell at the moment, no matter which staff is equipped).

And I'm never sure what Stella's shields shield against ... any info there?

Thanks again!

The Storm Book goes with the Sea staff. Most staffs and spellbooks that go together are found in the same general area, for example those were both in the Venwood kingdom. I'm pretty sure the Snowbringer spellcame from the Ancient Book, but maybe it could still be positively affected by the sea staff, like how in Aveyond 1 some orbs boosted spells from multiple different guilds. As for the most powerful spells, they come from the Fairy Book, but that will come in good time :D

As for Stella's shields (I assume you mean her spells and not her equipment), I think they say what element they shield against in the spell name, no? Fire shields guard against attacks by fire creatures, etc.. It can be hard to tell sometimes where to use shields, but usually you can tell by the types of monsters in the area and their spells/attacks. Then I think she has ones that guard against all physical or all magical attacks, if she gains enough levels.

Thanks for the answer - I guess I'm just bad at guessing what element the enemies' spells are and don't use the shields well (they often don't seem to protect much).

Do you know if there are more than 2 staffs for Lydia in GoN?