join mailing list join Aveyond Kingdom on Twitter join Aveyond Studios on Facebook
We've created top-selling apps for iOS and Windows. What are we working on next? Games and tools! Browse our titles and maybe play a game or two. Want to chat? We have an active gaming community.

Aveyond 4: Shadow of the MistCurse at TwilightAveyond 3-4: The Darkthrop ProphecyA Gypsy's TaleAveyond 3-3: The Lost OrbAveyond 3-2: Gates of NightAveyond 3-1: Lord of TwilightYummy Drink FactoryAveyond 2: Ean's Quest
Photo

Windows 10 Windowed mode only?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Snoopy

Snoopy

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

I saw brief mention of this in the first thread but I thought I should start a new topic. My win 8.1 machine died on me so I had to buy a new laptop. (Old one will not power on.)

I've used my keys to download games I had before. So far so good. Thing of it is, I am only able to play in windowed mode. I tried going into the compatibility settings but in 8 or 7 the games will not load.

On AV-4 I go into options and click full screen but nothing happens. When I click out and  back in, it's defaulted again to windowed mode. The right hand side of the window, the max square is greyed out.

I already tried going into the display settings but the only setting for scaling had no evident effect on the game. Any thoughts? Or am I just stuck in windowed mode unless I buy a copy of 8.1 and install it.

Frankly I'm hating Win 10. When I accidentally got slammed with the update last spring I reverted back to 8.1 and never regretted it. Unfortunately, my discs to reinstall 8.1 won't work on this machine or I would have done so already. :(

The wizard formerly known here as greensnp.

#2 Specter

Specter

The Ghost of Amaranthia

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:33 AM

Have you tried Alt+Enter?

Aveyond is now available for Linux and Mac!

My own Fan Fictions : Aveyond: Lord of Twilight, Exit Fate

#3 Snoopy

Snoopy

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

Yes  I have SPECTER thanks for asking. Alt+enter has no apparent effect.

#4 Mopiece

Mopiece

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 6,154 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?

firedragon.png

#5 Snoopy

Snoopy

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

Yes and when I do that the game will not load. It may be a WildTangent specific problem since their game launcher will not load either when I set the game to run in compatibility mode.

#6 GrannyC

GrannyC

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:15 PM

I had the same problem. I tried everything any one suggested and nothing worked. I finally solved it by going to walmart and buying a refurbished windows 7 machine just to play my hundreds of dollars worth of games that I have been collecting since RPG95 came out.

I also hate windows 10 as they have had  a couple of years now to fix this problem. My sister in law  switched to mac so she could play her games. She doesn't play the rpg games; She likes some other kind. 

#7 Snoopy

Snoopy

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:08 AM

Yup, I'm seriously considering installing a win 8.1 OS on this machine.

• GrannyC likes this

#8 GrannyC

GrannyC

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:47 AM

Wise decision as Microsoft doesn't seem to want to keep us happy any more. I wish there was some way to transfer all my games to another format that will play on other kinds of computers. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users