join mailing list join Aveyond Kingdom on Twitter join Aveyond Studios on Facebook
We've created top-selling apps for iOS and Windows. What are we working on next? Games and tools! Browse our titles and maybe play a game or two. Want to chat? We have an active gaming community.

Aveyond 4: Shadow of the MistCurse at TwilightAveyond 3-4: The Darkthrop ProphecyA Gypsy's TaleAveyond 3-3: The Lost OrbAveyond 3-2: Gates of NightAveyond 3-1: Lord of TwilightYummy Drink FactoryAveyond 2: Ean's Quest
Photo

Windows 10 Windowed mode only?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Snoopy

Snoopy

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

I saw brief mention of this in the first thread but I thought I should start a new topic. My win 8.1 machine died on me so I had to buy a new laptop. (Old one will not power on.)

I've used my keys to download games I had before. So far so good. Thing of it is, I am only able to play in windowed mode. I tried going into the compatibility settings but in 8 or 7 the games will not load.

On AV-4 I go into options and click full screen but nothing happens. When I click out and  back in, it's defaulted again to windowed mode. The right hand side of the window, the max square is greyed out.

I already tried going into the display settings but the only setting for scaling had no evident effect on the game. Any thoughts? Or am I just stuck in windowed mode unless I buy a copy of 8.1 and install it.

Frankly I'm hating Win 10. When I accidentally got slammed with the update last spring I reverted back to 8.1 and never regretted it. Unfortunately, my discs to reinstall 8.1 won't work on this machine or I would have done so already. :(

• KishaEnace, JuztinExirl, PrivatProxyUtele and 4 others like this

The wizard formerly known here as greensnp.

#2 Specter

Specter

The Ghost of Amaranthia

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:33 AM

Have you tried Alt+Enter?

Have an android? Aveyond Kingdom is on Google Play! Visit the app page!

Aveyond is now available for Linux and Mac!

Want to read Aveyond? I'm trying to write it! Tell me what you think:Aveyond: Lord of Twilight

#3 Snoopy

Snoopy

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

Yes  I have SPECTER thanks for asking. Alt+enter has no apparent effect.

#4 Mopiece

Mopiece

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 6,152 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?

firedragon.png

#5 Snoopy

Snoopy

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

Yes and when I do that the game will not load. It may be a WildTangent specific problem since their game launcher will not load either when I set the game to run in compatibility mode.

#6 GrannyC

GrannyC

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:15 PM

I had the same problem. I tried everything any one suggested and nothing worked. I finally solved it by going to walmart and buying a refurbished windows 7 machine just to play my hundreds of dollars worth of games that I have been collecting since RPG95 came out.

I also hate windows 10 as they have had  a couple of years now to fix this problem. My sister in law  switched to mac so she could play her games. She doesn't play the rpg games; She likes some other kind. 

#7 Snoopy

Snoopy

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:08 AM

Yup, I'm seriously considering installing a win 8.1 OS on this machine.

• GrannyC likes this

#8 GrannyC

GrannyC

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:47 AM

Wise decision as Microsoft doesn't seem to want to keep us happy any more. I wish there was some way to transfer all my games to another format that will play on other kinds of computers. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users