join mailing list join Aveyond Kingdom on Twitter join Aveyond Studios on Facebook
We've created top-selling apps for iOS and Windows. What are we working on next? Games and tools! Browse our titles and maybe play a game or two. Want to chat? We have an active gaming community.

Aveyond 4: Shadow of the MistCurse at TwilightAveyond 3-4: The Darkthrop ProphecyA Gypsy's TaleAveyond 3-3: The Lost OrbAveyond 3-2: Gates of NightAveyond 3-1: Lord of TwilightYummy Drink FactoryAveyond 2: Ean's Quest
Photo

Some critique

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zydona

Zydona

Amaranthian

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

Alright, to this day I can't believe I almost enjoyed it, but here's why the game is terrible:

1. It basically combines RNG-walls with time limits. RNG is basically Random Number God. The problem with this game is the first RNG-wall, the Golden Goose, and junk like that. You shouldn't combine that stuff together, they don't go well together! Days limit can be challenging like RCT, but if your combining that with RNG-walls, that makes it more of an frustrating challenge than a fair thing. This is what you have beta-testers who play through the game for.
  2. Again another game that has a day by day linear system which was not executed properly. Speaking of that, if the linear system requires you to grind painstakingly for stats/money without wasting any time, then it's pretty annoying. The only other game I know that fails to execute it correctly was Heroes of War, I already know how bad it is as a poor man's Fire Emblem on CNET.
  3. A lot of pets can be tough but like a hundred it's like unplayable: you won't be fast enough to feed them before their dead. There's no feeder companion, only a defender and a collector, and even that there's a bomber bird distracting you. What kind of bird drops bombs?
  4. Combat is repetitive: just click and click and their dead. No magic spells or anything like that.
  5. What's the point of keeping the farms if there's no endgame secrets?

Anyways, that's about it. I wonder if there's ever going to be a sequel to this game? I pretty much enjoyed all of your Aveyond games, but I'm not sure what you were going for with combining time limits and RNG-walls.

#2 Mopiece

Mopiece

Dragon Lord

• Moderators
  • 6,154 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

It is unlikely there will be a sequel for this game. The company is going in a different direction these days.

If you don't have Facebook, or just haven't liked the Facebook page, then this post can explain what is going on these days.

Hi everyone, I want to give you an update on the state of Amaranth Games. We have lots of big news. (1) We are changing our name to Aveyond Studios. This switch will happen this week. (2) We love making Aveyond, but Aveyond 4 will likely be the last game in the series. In the beginning, Aveyond was a hit. It generated around $500,000 USD in sales. As the years have gone by, the Aveyond games have made less and less. Our last game, in my opinion, was awesome, but sales were the lowest in the series and only made around $30,000. It's not enough for one, let alone two developers to live on. A lot has changed over the years in games and what the general market wants has shifted. It's just the way things are. If you REALLY want another Aveyond game, I'll create a Kickstarter campaign. If it works, great. If not, then that's just the way things are. (3) We are going to lower the price of our older Aveyond games this month. (4) We are switching from game development to tools development. The game industry is very competitive right now and we need a break from the madness. (5) Our main focus is changing, but we won't stop making games. We will still make games in our spare-time. We'll never stop making games because it's what we love, but it will become a hobby. (6) Aveyond.com is going to change from a game portal to our personal company website this month. (7) This is a very looooong post, so if you've read this far, thank you! If you have any questions, please ask and I'll answer them.

• moonpeace likes this

firedragon.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users