Kodysun

Can I edit the tilesets?

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new here and English is not my first language, so forgive me if I make some mistakes.

I'm making a game, more like a visual novel with classical RPG aspects (like Angelique and Atelier series). So I was looking for a tileset graphic that would match this retro-style that the first Angelique games had. And then I found the Aveyond 2 tilesets, that I really like and decided to use them in my project. My doubt is, am I allowed to edit them? Since I'm using RPG Maker VX ace instead of XP (mainly due to scripts and such), I need to convert the water, grass, floor tilesets. I needed to resize the water to make it fit the RPG Maker VX ace style, and did the same with the grass, floors, walls, roofs and objects.

For the objects (B, C, D and E tilesets) I changed the shadows and also did some recolors. I'm starting to deal with Pixel Art myself, and because of the Aveyond 2 tilesets colors are so bright, I was able to create my own objects based on the ones from Aveyond 2.

I'll put some examples bellow for someone (like Amanda who's the tileset owner) to say if I'm allowed to do so. I really hope to be able to do it ><' and sorry If I sounded rude at some point, dealing with a second language is not easy haha

Here is the link for some examples of the edits I made: http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5634/z3Igv5.png

Thank you.

Amanda said it's ok to use the resources, just give credit to Aveyond Studios. (She said that on RPG Maker forum)

So, it means that it is ok to edit the tilesets the way I did, right? I just need to credit Aveyond Studios. I'll do it. Thank you.

You actually need to check with Amanda.  Using the tilesets is different than editing them.  She could be fine with it, but you need to make sure.

Kodysun likes this

You actually need to check with Amanda.  Using the tilesets is different than editing them.  She could be fine with it, but you need to make sure.

Yes, I sent her an e-mail 6 days ago asking if I'm allowed to edit the tilesets. But she didn't answer, guess she doesn't use that e-mail adress anymore (I found it in an old post here). I'll wait for her to answer this topic or maybe I'll send a PM (idk if I can do so).

Thank you everyone :D

Have you tried reaching out to her on Facebook? I recall in another topic with similar questions someone recommending that the best way to get ahold of Amanda is through Facebook so maybe you'll be able to better reach her that way :)