Aveyond Studios Community
Arr-chan

I'm having a problem opening the game

Hello! I am currently having problems opening Aveyond 4. I bought all the games from Big Fish (mostly because I didn't really know where else to get them) and I have completely worked through every single one of the games up to this point. I have had absolutely no trouble playing any of the other games and when I tried playing the game the first time, I loaded everything up like normal and began the game. I got past the select difficulty screens and just when I got to the "Welcome to Aveyond" screen, the game crashed. I thought "well, that was weird" and started the game again. But when I tried loading the game again I got a small screen that says "Script "Nether" line 54: No method error occurred. undefined method 'dispose' for nil:NilClass". The game itself does not open at all.  Now, I am a basic computer user, so I know nothing about what this means. I uninstalled the game and re-installed the game thinking maybe that could fix it and got the same error message. Thinking maybe my computer is the problem ( I have Windows  8 and it needs updating constantly) I update my computer completely and re-try opening the game. Same error message. Uninstalled the game and re-stalled the game several different times several different ways and I still keep getting that same error message. Maybe I corrupted the file on my computer? I have no idea how to fix it and I would really really like to play the game because I only have this one and Ahriman's Prophecy left in this series, so if anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you, and have a great day! 

If you brought the game via Big Fish Games then I would contact them about this, and if they cannot help perhaps try to contact Amanda (the creator) herself, but definitely check with Big Fish Games first as it may be an incorrect or corrupted download file of the game on their end.  

Big Fish has a list of fixes for this type of problem on their website (not for Aveyond 4 specifically). Try going through those, I had a similar problem and the technical fixes there helped. It may not be a problem with the download, just the settings on your computer.

I never had problems with the other Aveyond games but I had this message pop up in Av4 as well. The only thing I did was to turn off the computer and then on again. I cleaned some cache (like Clean Master) and then it fixed. I got that message pop up again a couple days later and I did the same and it worked :/ Maybe try that until they fix it?