Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Everace

MASS Tactic

I was playing Grimm's Hatchery and thinking to myself, "Hey, why not buy 100 geese just to see how it looks on the screen?" Well it was good for a laugh, but obviously you can't keep up with feeding that many pets, right?

Not quite. As it turns out, on medium and insane you can use the red, blue, and rainbow eggs too feed all your pets at once, then just focus on collecting eggs (Be sure to pick up yellow/rainbow eggs for even more ridiculous amounts of egg laying goodness). My end result for the run with the geese? 300 eggs.

Now what if I were to apply this strategy to a higher tier cottage? The answer is tons and tons of eggs and lots of money to go with it! get yourself 100 magic geese/red dragonflies and you can easily purchase the castle without every having to set foot in Pemberly Keep. The best way to do this is to start massing early, with geese. Many geese will make many golden geese, which will then make many magic geese. In each case you need enough animals so that you can be pretty sure of getting some type of feed egg right away, usually 80 will do as a minimum.

Monsters are no problem. Why bother fighting them when they'll only get 5/100 pets? You can just hatch the 300 you picked up and more than make up for it. The main concern with this method is the death/poison eggs. Click on just one and your entire run is shot, 50+ animals down the drain. More pets makes it harder to see the bad eggs, so it may be wise to limit the MASS tactic to 100-150 pets.

I think it may be possible to win from Hobbs Cottage using this tactic and gradually switching from geese to blue dragonflies + green dragons combo, but haven't the resolve to test it myself. Try this out, and let me know how you feel about the MASS Tactic!

I just started a new game last night, and I was thinking along a kind of similar line...

What if you had 30-40 green dragonflies and just collected heaps of eggs from then, then lots of blue dragon flies and zapped their eggs, then sold them? Dragonflies lay eggs MUCH faster than the other pets in each cottage. Then you'd just need gryphons for eggs, and red dragonflies in Rosewood Manor.

The tractor would help you avoid those black and green eggs, but it doesn't go for the closest egg all the time, so it could go past a dozen eggs on the way to picking up its target. It'd be MUCH nicer if it'd pick up an egg, then look around to find the closest one and grab that.

I don't know that I'm curious enough about this (my) theory to play the game through again to try it though.

That’s part of the reason I feel medium and hard is a bit easier since you can to the pack tactics. I think the kill egg only kills the animals from which the egg was laid from. So if you have the 100+ pets divided amongst all of the pets you can have you won't need to worry as much.

Unfortunately not the case, the death egg will always cut your animal supply by half. I've noted this playing with only 1 type or with 3 different types. The only time it does something differently is if you have very few animals to begin with, in which case it kills them all!