Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rose43

Goodies & Gold won't load onto my game

I downloaded the goodie 'GOD' for Ahriman's Prophecy, and I accidentally opened it in Adobe Reader (which of course does NOTHING), and I've tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, except it stays the same!!! I can't get it to change at all! It's gonna drive me crazy, because I cannot get though the game! Plus, now it opens ALL the goodies like that. Please post help!

Edit: I'll check by later! I gotta GOOOOO!!!!

aislingyngaio: Merged posts

You don't open the goodie, as they are just save games that load at the beginning of the game with the goodies included. You merely copy them into the AP game folder, launch AP and load the saved game slot.

E.g. if the saved game is Save01.lsd, then you load the 1st saved game slot to start a game with the goodie in it.

Moved to Ahriman's Prophecy

It doesn't work no matter what I do. I drag the Save01 directly into the game icon. Then I open a new game, and try to save the game after she picks up her journal. It saves with the usual Level 1 and 5 coins. I love Aveyond I & II, but this one is driving me crazy. What am I doing wrong? Please...

OK, this example is if the goodie file is named Save01.lsd.

1. Go to your main Ahriman's Prophecy folder. If you didn't change anything during installation, then this is probably C:\Program Files\Ahrmian's Prophecy.

2. Put the Save01.lsd file is this main folder.

3. Now start up AP.

4. Choose to Continue Quest like you are loading a saved game.

5. Choose the saved game that is in the same number slot as the goodie file's number (this would be save 1).

6. The game will start from the beginning, but the goodie's effects will be in place.

I know I sound dumb, but I tried your directions and still cannot load the god or gold goodies. Where should save01.lsd show up in the file? I can see it but it does not load. I extracted the file. Is there any thing else I can do?

this is what you do.

open the game

choose load game

there you have different slots.

choose the slot with the same number of the goodie you installed. if it's save01, open the 1st slot.

and there, you have it!

That's your old saved game I presume. Extract the goodie file and save over your original Save01.lsd in the Ahriman's Prophecy game folder, or rename it as Save02.lsd and load the second save slot if you don't want to lose your original game. The save slot should appear as c50 if you install the GOD goodie.

Can someone tell me if I am able to download in the same file more that one Goodies, like for instance GOD/Armors/Weapons???I manage to download GOD and try to download Weapons,but nothing happened. It is possible that this happened because when I downloaded GOD the game starts fron the beguining??!!!Thanks

so...i start the game from the beggining because i was at the 8 level.i take the goodies for the game but when i put that goodies at the file of game didn't work.i am at the same level without money and all that i take from here,what i must do??