Aveyond Studios Community
Ameliie

help on character half walk glitch?

hey, love aveyond, played it a very long time ago before the v2 came out. i decided to try out the build c recently to see what changes had been done and for its replay value. awesome game

there is this small bug that ive only noticed in the newer versions, it doesn't really affect gameplay, but its really really starting to get me. im really kinda picky about stuff like this.

im sure some of you have noticed that when u do the mount orion boat thing, put ur fruit on the alter and hop on the boat to the other side that the char is stuck in a half walk pose when they stand still.

ive done a little testing to see if i can maybe glitch it back to the regular pose by hopping on boat few times, no luck so far.

was wondering if anyone knows a way to unstick this thru a patch maybe, or let me know if it will fix itself as the game progresses.

i know its a small issue, hardly worth complaining about. but i wud like to have my person standing somewhat normally :P

any feedback welcome, thnx

can you explain a "half walk pose"? Do your character's legs move when they walk? Do they stop moving when you stop moving? Are you just saying when they stand still, their legs are not together?

You could try going into the cave and back out to see if it fixes itself. If that doesn't work, try changing the leader (let us know if that fixes it), and then try changing back again (let us know if THAT fixes it).

The only problem I've ever heard of when getting out of that boat was that sometimes the image changed to Lars instead of Rhen, and that was an issue with both builds B and C. We couldn't find what caused it, so the same glitch may be present in build C. But I've never heard of a character "stuck in a half walk pose" before.

hmm... I think I encountered this before both in Build B and C, but didn't really think much of it. I changed the leader to Lars before, but he too was stuck in "half-walk" pose when standing still. It happens right after I take the Mt Orion boat for the first time, and I don't think taking them again helps.

nah, char isnt stuck in a walking motion. the char kinda stand with their legs apart, and as mentioned, when u switch chars theyre all the same too, stuck mid walk animation. the idle stance just switched from standing normally legs together to legs spread half stride.

trust me, i tried walking in and out a gazillion times, i tried hopping on and off the boat to try and fix it, ive played the game fresh through to that point no less then 5 times to see if that would do anything (am now an expert at the game up to that point -.-) switched chars before and after zoning in several combinations in case it was rhen that was bugged somehow. i cant figure out what else to do. looked on the patch notes to see if there was some kind of thing to reset the chars stance or something but meh. tried with and without the goodies to see if it was related, but no luck there either.

its not a "huge" deal, but something that i havent yet seen addressed and ik i cant be the only one whos had this happen. it does kinda bug me a little. i can play as it is still, but i think its slowly driving me insane :P

Hello, I'm extremely sorry for this 5 year necropost, but I'm having this problem as well. My characters are eternally stuck in a walking animation when they're standing still, and it's slowly driving me insane. I've tried getting on and off the boat in Mt Orion, and I've tried switching leaders back and forth, but nothing works. Is there anything at all I can do to fix this? Once again I apologise for this necropost, but I didn't see the need to create a new thread when there was already one here.

Did this happen to you after you put the fruit on the altar, or at a different time? I never encountered this so I may not be of much help, but does uninstalling and re-installing fix the issue? Or alternatively, can you keep playing and see if the problem persists long after you have finished the quests on Mt. Orion (in case you haven't done that already)?

I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it happened when I went in the boat, and I assumed it would go away, but it didn't. I'm now in the Ghedhare crypt and it hasn't gone away. I got it off big fish, I'll try re installing it.

btw your character in the night watch base in Aveyond 4 is adorable!

Ugh, I re installed the game and now I've made it even worse... My save files have gotten muddled up with other ones from my last playthrough, and the better music is gone as well. Really wishing I had decided to just put up with the glitch...

Edit: I've gotten my save files safely back in place, but the sprite glitch is still there and the music from the older version is there as well. How do I get the better music back?? Please help me T-T

Everything is back to normal, thank gosh. Some incredibly lovely person posted this link in another thread. http://web.archive.org/web/20080428035139/http://amaranthgames.com/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=14

Now, if only I had a way to fix the glitch I was originally having problems with...

I've also had this glitch. My version is C and I got it from Big Fish.

I've read somewhere it's rare, every file I've started has this glitch happen. Very odd.

I think the glitch might have something to do with the save file (?) because I've tried going in the boat and reloading the file before putting the pomegranate down and getting in and there's no change. I've also tried walking out the cave and going back in, then putting the fruit down on the altar. Still no difference. I also found two walkthroughs of the game. Each one had the glitch happen. Not sure of what the policy of linking youtube videos in the forums is, so I'll just give the titles of the videos and the approximate time stamp of the glitch. 

The titles are Aveyond 1 Rhen's Quest Walkthrough Part 11 - Climbing Mount Orion and 13 Aveyond: Saving the Druid of Music (walkthrough) and the time stamps are 6:11 and 3:41 respectively.

Hope this helps reach a solution in some way.

I think I have this problem? I am able to change what direction I am facing and look to be mid step and yet am unable to move anywhere.  I am capable of using the runes I have and it is the big fish edition.  I have read through and yet cant seem to find anything on how to solve the problem.