join mailing list join Aveyond Kingdom on Twitter join Aveyond Studios on Facebook
We've created top-selling apps for iOS and Windows. What are we working on next? Games and tools! Browse our titles and maybe play a game or two. Want to chat? We have an active gaming community.

Aveyond 4: Shadow of the MistCurse at TwilightAveyond 3-4: The Darkthrop ProphecyA Gypsy's TaleAveyond 3-3: The Lost OrbAveyond 3-2: Gates of NightAveyond 3-1: Lord of TwilightYummy Drink FactoryAveyond 2: Ean's Quest
Photo
- - - - -

DJC - Everlong

• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#1 SilverMist

SilverMist

Advanced Member

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:28 PM

Developer: DJC

I am adding a link for one of my favorite games Everlong. This game has a huge world with fun quests and sidequests. The game is definitely worth a try!
The link for the main web page is given and the game is available in the download section and there is a help forum if you have quetions.
http://www.nealien.com/Everlong/

aislingyngaio:
This game is not suitable for minors, as it contains adult themes. Parents, please supervise your children if they are playing this game.

#2 ljspence

ljspence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:40 PM

I LOVE this game. I'm on my second time through it and it is really involved. I recommend it.

#3 Pandaba

Pandaba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

Wow, this game has a lot of custom systems for being an RM2k3 game @_@ It looks awesome! I'll have to give it a try sometime.

#4 mona

mona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:25 PM

Awesome game! I'm playing it right now.
By the way, where to go to get hints. I'm stuck in this forgotten land where I have to kill two monsters to get through the forest. No matter how much I tried I can't kill them.
I tried to get to the old site of amaranthia and couldn't find the link either.

#5 ljspence

ljspence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

Silver Mist does have the link to the Everlong home page at the bottom of the first post. Just go to the forum page from there and then general discussion for the version of Everlong you are playing. It has lots of hints and you can post questions if you still have problems (DJC is really great about answering things). Forgotten Continent has lots of hard bosses, so I'm not surprised you might want a hint.

#6 mona

mona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

Thanks Ijspence :)But sadly that the home page of the game mentioned above has unfinished walkthroughs but I remember that the old site of amaranthia had a whole thread for all questions when amaranth posted about the game.

#7 Argoyle

Argoyle

Tempestarii Knight

• Moderators
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:46 PM

You can go ahead and post questions here again. Some of us may still remember the answers. :)

#8 ljspence

ljspence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:45 PM

It is true that the walkthroughs are unfinished, but if you are stuck on bosses, you can search and find that information. If you have made it to the Forgotten Continent, then you have gotten pretty far in the game and that part of the story is very straight forward. Still, it's true that we may need to simply answer questions here as well. :)

#9 mona

mona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

Cool, I will post my answer here just like in the old site of amaranthia where all the questions of Everlong were posted under the same thread.
I'm stuck in the forgotten land deep in the forest where the stone knight is, I can't enter the castle or mansion because the mysterious voice which comes out when i'm trying to get inside the castle says i should defeat the two monsters in the east and west of the forest.

The four members i chose are the best and equipped with the best and there are no monsters left to train on them and increase the experience. The two monsters are too strong for all the members and both can kill after a while from the start of the fight. There is not even a time to recover!! Have I missed something before going to kill these two monsters?

#10 ljspence

ljspence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

So, I'm going to make a couple of assumptions here to help you. 1. I'll assume you are playing the new version of Everlong 3.0 (because the bosses are a bit different in the new version, so the strategy would be different). 2. I'll assume you are at the first knight (aren't you glad to learn there are more?) and are talking about Tyrano and Aquaron. If so, here is what I recommend (pulled from the Everlong site - btw you can search the general discussion forums for this).

TYRANO

First you'll want to make sure you're loaded up on elemental protection, specifically Fire, Ice, Bolt, and Earth. Equip the Elementalist Cape from Viridis Mons on someone. If you give it to Drakeor he can combine it with Aura and be healed by all elemental damage.

Drakeor can also be given the Tin Armor (or another armor wearing hero) to boost speed significantly. Then go for high defense to protect against the skill Overpower. Casting Protect will help versus Overpower as well, but only if you can maintain it. This is difficult because of Shatterclaw. Be quick about removing Armor Break or else Overpower will destroy you big time.

Vetu might not be the best choice in this battle because of Mage's Folly. This attack deals damage based on how many spells have been cast, and that's pretty much all Vetu does.

Also if one of your heroes gets hit with Curse say goodbye to them and just let them die. Curse lowers all elemental defenses, but when you hero dies and is then revived these defenses are restored to normal. Drakeor can counter this on his own with Aura, so it's not necessary to let him die.

You may find using Sammy useful as an additional healer with White Wind, which will also help remove conditions such as Bleed. Mantra will help with Blind and Silence from Virulent Claw, but make sure Sammy is wearing something to make him immune to Silence so he can cast it.

Lastly be careful about how you damage Tyrano. If you hit him for excessive damage he will counter with Backfire and probably annihilate someone with it. This means you may not want to break his armor depending on how much your melee damage is doing and whether it is triggering Backfire.

AQUARON

Elemental protection against Ice and Water damage will go a long way in this battle. As such you will want to make sure you are using the Water Shell and Ice Shell skills on your White Wizard. If you combine elemental protection from equipment with spell based elemental protection you can absorb (be healed by) attacks rather than damaged.

Example: Equip the Aurora Armlet to your White Wizard. During battle cast Water Shell on her. She will then be healed by all Water damage she receives.

It is important to remember, however, that Aquaron has a skill that can lower your elemental resistance to Water (Maelstorm). You can counter this by casting Water Shell on the target. Also when a character dies and is revived their elemental resistance is reset to normal.

Maelstorm is something you cannot ignore. If you have heroes that have been hit by maelstorm with no elemental protection and have not been affected by Water Shell, they will be taking double damage from Water attacks. This will cause Cleansweep to destroy your party almost every time.

Also of importance is keeping track of how many times Maelstorm is cast. After every second cast there will be a random attack, followed directly by Reversal and then Cleansweep. When you know reversal is imminent you do NOT want to heal. Keep your HP and let Reversal heal you. Then you will be in good shape to survive Cleansweep. You will also have your turns available so you can choose to DEFEND and halve the damage from Cleansweep.

So the keys to this battle are dealing with Water elemental protection (and Ice to a lesser degree) and predicting when Reversal and Cleansweep are coming. Also worth note is that positive status effects will be difficult to maintain since Aquaron uses Shatterjaw and Might Makes Wrong. Thunder elemental attaacks will not prove effective once Aquaron casts Thunder Shell. You will also need to counter Safeguard every time it is cast by breaking Aquaron's armor again with a skill.

The status effects you'll have to deal with are Silence (Mind Freeze), Paralyze (Squeeze), Daze (Ice Spikes), and Frozen (Icicle). Most of these aren't too serious and only affect single characters.

Some equipment that may prove useful: Aurora Armlet (Ice/Water), Blue Armguard (Ice/Water and Frozen), Blue Beret (Ice), Jade Armlet (+20 Speed), Tin Armor (+50 Speed), Ice Shield/Armor/Helm (Ice), Elementalist Cape, Tiamat Armor (Water), Minerva (Ice), Ice Ring, Water Ring, Aqua Shield (Water). Many of these items are along the eastern path to Guardian Tyrano.

Also be careful where you get walkthrough and help info on these boards. Most of the stuff in the rm2k section does NOT apply to the new version you are playing.

You may also find Drakeor very useful with his skill Aura that will increase his own Ice and Water elemental resistance.

Reversal

Reversal is one of the many special monster skills in the game. If you had your ship/airship and you recruited Master Miyagi from the town of Dale you can talk to him to view a list of all these skills and get information on how they work.

Reversal either heals or damages based on your current HP. If a hero has low current HP out of their maximum it will be switched to a higher percentage. A high current HP will be switched too a low percentage of their maximum. But how much healing or damage?

The key is the hero's HP half-maximum. If you have 6000 HP then 3000 is the half-max point. Any current HP below 3000 will be less than 50% of the maximum. Above 3000 you will have more than 50% of the maximum.

Let's say you have 5000 current HP out of the 6000 HP max. This is well above 50% (83.3%). Therefore Reversal will change this to the opposite percentage (16.7%) of your maximum. Therefore you will take damage that reduces your current HP to 1000 (opposite percentage represented by MaxHP-Current HP). So the true damage you'll see is 4000. Basically when you started you were 1000 short of your max, and after Reversal that's all you have.

The other case is you're below 50%, let's say 2000 out of 6000. The opposite percentage here is 4000 (what you're missing out of your max). So Reversal is going to boost your HP up to 4000, and therefore it must heal you for 2000.

It seems complicated, but in battle you simply need to pay attention to your current HP and its percentage out of your maximum. When you know Reversal is coming soon you want your current HPs to be low, so Reversal will heal you rather than damage your team. You can even leave characters dead and Reversal will revive them to 100% health. The opposite, of course, is that heroes with 100% health instantly die from Reversal.

*Sorry for such a long post*

#11 mona

mona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:06 PM

Oh my god ljspence, you are so nice to give so much time for posting all this. I thought I had version 3 but then, I don't have White Wind. You are right, it's those two monsters who are killing me!! I will read this carefully and see if I can beat them up.

#12 minaimo

minaimo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:43 AM

how do you onpen the journal? (tried and tried but i can't figure it out)

#13 mona

mona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:39 AM

You go to "item" then "Primeval Shard" choose "view journa".. Unless there is another version with another approach! Mine is v3

#14 mizzkay

mizzkay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:56 PM

hey this game is awesome

#15 karldaylo

karldaylo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:19 AM

i luv it so much!!!!!!!!!!! are you the one make it or just recommended to you????

#16 mizzkay

mizzkay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

this game is soooooo awesome but i cant beat the water monster when trying to pass the bridge.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 mona

mona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:55 AM

I hardly remember the beginning of the game but try to increase the group's experience by roaming the caves and fight monsters and make sure to equip your group with the best after gaining some money from fighting. I remember I had a problem too.

PS: On the other hand,I'm still stuck.I tried everything to beat those two monsters with no hope :(

#18 mizzkay

mizzkay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

i finally beat the monster!!!
but now im trying to beat that big blue monster in the lands of the gods (arora brought me here)

#19 mona

mona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

I think you'll have to apply the same concept you applied there :)

#20 Argoyle

Argoyle

Tempestarii Knight

• Moderators
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:48 PM

I'm not sure if one of your white mages has the skill yet, but I've noticed that Slow works very well in just about every boss battle in the game.

For the first 3-5 rounds of a boss battle, I have my white mage(s) cast Slow on the enemy several times. It makes a huge difference in many battles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users