join mailing list join Aveyond Kingdom on Twitter join Aveyond Studios on Facebook
We've created top-selling apps for iOS and Windows. What are we working on next? Games and tools! Browse our titles and maybe play a game or two. Want to chat? We have an active gaming community.

Aveyond 4: Shadow of the MistCurse at TwilightAveyond 3-4: The Darkthrop ProphecyA Gypsy's TaleAveyond 3-3: The Lost OrbAveyond 3-2: Gates of NightAveyond 3-1: Lord of TwilightYummy Drink FactoryAveyond 2: Ean's Quest
Photo
- - - - -

irekismaren1011 - The Blacksmith's Apprentice

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#1 MidnightPearl

MidnightPearl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:54 PM

Developer: irekismaren1011

This game really impressed me and so I had to share! :D

STORY

At one time, the powerful mage Torbulus was regarded with great respect, awarded the highest honors throughout the kingdoms for his valiant fight in the war against the Orcs. Now, fifteen years later, all magic has been outlawed - and the once proud Torbulus lies imprisoned and shamed by the very people he helped protect. Stripped of his magical abilities by the collar bound around his neck, Torbulus seeks to escape and bring swift vengeance against those who locked him away. Fearing a similar fate as that of Torbulus, mages from every corner of the land have abandoned their talents in favor of simpler, safer lives - lived out in harmless anonymity...

You are William, the son and apprentice of the local blacksmith in Willow Glen. Your quest begins with a simple request by your father - to travel north to the Dwarven Mines and bring back your father's yearly supply of coal.

The story begins when William is given a dire warning, in the form of a letter written in his own handwriting. As William's journey unfolds, a dangerous and violent world of ancient magic opens up around him. His first adventure away from home will soon reveal that he is the unwitting center of an unimaginable plot...

MAIN CHARACTERS

Spoiler

FEATURES

* Quest Menu - Keeps track of your quests automatically

* Seasons - The world changes to reflect Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter as time passes

* Animal Mounts & Vehicles - Travel faster and farther by horse, ship, and flying creatures

* Custom Forging - Use William's blacksmithing ability to forge unique weapons and armor

* Dozens of sub-plots and optional side quests

* Rank Improvement - Main characters can train at guilds to increase in class and unlock more advanced items

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

DOWNLOAD

The Blacksmith's Apprentice will be released in three Books. As of now, only Book 1 is out but production is going well on the second book as per Juno, the creator.

Download Game (version 1.51, 45MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?zmvtn04g0yw
Download Audio (91MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?tgngjtmwmmn

Download instructions:
1. Download both Game and Audio files
2. Run the self-extracting file "The Blacksmith's Apprentice.exe"
3. Extract BS-Audio folder to the desktop
4. Move the "Audio" folder to folder that was created from step 2. (Place it in the same folder with the game.exe file)

You may need to install RTP XP to be able to play it.

Enjoy! ^_^

aislingyngaio: got permission from Juno, the creator of The Blacksmith's Apprentice "to share away" by user 7455.

• dashyEnadages and GeorgeGek like this

#2 VelvetDew

VelvetDew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

Looks really interesting! I'll give it a try :)

#3 latyss

latyss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

I'm sure this will be great game as its recommended by you, iya. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the previous games and I'm eagerly looking forward to playing this. Downloading now! :D

#4 Spicydust

Spicydust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

Nice screen shot iya ^^ and I'm going to try it soon. Thanks

#5 TheDefender

TheDefender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

The plot sounds interesting and the screenies look great. Definitely worth a shot. Thanks for sharing it. :)

#6 Aura

Aura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:18 AM

Awesome looking game :o I'll play it as soon as I get some spare time. Btw, do you get to ride a horse in the game going by the second screenshot? That would be totally cool! :D

#7 dreams2explore

dreams2explore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:43 AM

Cool! Looking forward to trying this one out! Thanks for sharing. :D

#8 mirandayew

mirandayew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:13 AM

I downloaded it but I couldn't see the dialogue when I started the game why is that?

#9 VelvetDew

VelvetDew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

Just copy and paste the font file included in the game folder to C:\WINDOWS\Fonts. :)

#10 mirandayew

mirandayew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:32 PM

oh ok thanks:D:D

#11 aveyond5855

aveyond5855

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:14 PM

Pretty great and amazing srceenshots!

#12 MidnightPearl

MidnightPearl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

Aura wrote:
Btw, do you get to ride a horse in the game going by the second screenshot? That would be totally cool! :D

Yeah, during the first day, you (William) will get to ride Thistle, the family horse, as you complete your various errands. It'll only last for about two minutes of play though.

#13 Aura

Aura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:56 PM

Oh, that's great! Even if it's only for 2 minutes. It's better than nothing, right? ;)

Thanks for letting me know.

#14 Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:08 PM

Help, i'm now at my 5th hazelwood plant but can't seem to jump over successfully. . .

No need, I managed to get it

#15 Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

No need, I managed to get it ;)

#16 VelvetDew

VelvetDew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

How long is book 1? Really enjoying it so far (only an hour into the game). I had a blast riding Thistle!! :D

#17 MidnightPearl

MidnightPearl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:08 AM

Book 1 has around 10 hours+ of play time. As the game will contain 3 (maybe 4) books, the length of the game will probably be around 30 hours when complete.

#18 Leelah

Leelah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

Umm, I tried to start the game but it popped up an error: "RGSS102E.dll couldn't be found."

#19 justnghi

justnghi

Amaranthian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

the same for my

#20 TheDefender

TheDefender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

Have you guys installed the rtp for rpgxp? If not, it can be downloaded here:

http://tkool.jp/prod...p_download.html

All games made with rpg maker xp need rtp in order to play them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users