This game really impressed me and so I had to share!
At one time, the powerful mage Torbulus was regarded with great respect, awarded the highest honors throughout the kingdoms for his valiant fight in the war against the Orcs. Now, fifteen years later, all magic has been outlawed - and the once proud Torbulus lies imprisoned and shamed by the very people he helped protect. Stripped of his magical abilities by the collar bound around his neck, Torbulus seeks to escape and bring swift vengeance against those who locked him away. Fearing a similar fate as that of Torbulus, mages from every corner of the land have abandoned their talents in favor of simpler, safer lives - lived out in harmless anonymity...
You are William, the son and apprentice of the local blacksmith in Willow Glen. Your quest begins with a simple request by your father - to travel north to the Dwarven Mines and bring back your father's yearly supply of coal.
The story begins when William is given a dire warning, in the form of a letter written in his own handwriting. As William's journey unfolds, a dangerous and violent world of ancient magic opens up around him. His first adventure away from home will soon reveal that he is the unwitting center of an unimaginable plot...
* Quest Menu - Keeps track of your quests automatically
* Seasons - The world changes to reflect Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter as time passes
* Animal Mounts & Vehicles - Travel faster and farther by horse, ship, and flying creatures
* Custom Forging - Use William's blacksmithing ability to forge unique weapons and armor
* Dozens of sub-plots and optional side quests
* Rank Improvement - Main characters can train at guilds to increase in class and unlock more advanced items
The Blacksmith's Apprentice will be released in three Books. As of now, only Book 1 is out but production is going well on the second book as per Juno, the creator.
Download Game (version 1.51, 45MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?zmvtn04g0yw
Download Audio (91MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?tgngjtmwmmn
1. Download both Game and Audio files
2. Run the self-extracting file "The Blacksmith's Apprentice.exe"
3. Extract BS-Audio folder to the desktop
4. Move the "Audio" folder to folder that was created from step 2. (Place it in the same folder with the game.exe file)
You may need to install RTP XP to be able to play it.
aislingyngaio: got permission from Juno, the creator of The Blacksmith's Apprentice "to share away" by user 7455.