Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
harp43

HELP!!!

okay, so I just tried opening Grimm's Hatchery, but a window pops up that says 'hardware failed to switch to specified mode'. i click ok, then the same thing pops up, so I click ok again, then it says 'Error: access violation at 0x030B558B (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated' help me! I really want to play, but it isn't working!!

Amanda, Bryce and shaz are really busy right now, trying to get Aveyond 3, Chapter 1, to BFG. Hopefully one of them will be able to help you soon, but please be patient until then. Thanks. :)

Could you tell me a bit about your system such as:

1) What version of Windows are you using?

2) What is your current video adapter and driver version?

If you're unsure of how to get this information, here are some simple steps:

1) From the "Start" menu, select the "Run..." menu item.

2) Type; "msinfo32.exe" and hit enter.

Your Windows version will be found on the initial page under "System Summary" and the display adapter and version will be available under the "Components" section under "Display."

While Windows Update is a good idea, and good place to start, some hardware vendors don't participate in the free service Microsoft provides their clients, and instead force you to go to their site for updates. Once you provide me with the above information, I will research this and return you the updated driver link as appropriate.

im using a windows vista

Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001

and the video adapter and version I can't find because it says they weren't available. and actually, I already tried to update it, and did four new ones, and it still doesn't work. thnks for tryig to help me :)

If MSInfo32 cannot find your video adapter or driver version... that's a sign.

This means that the registration of your installed video drivers has been compromised sufficiently that Windows is unable to load them.

You indicate that you've updated the drivers four times... could you explain what you mean?

You may want to try DXDiag to see if it can find out the video adapter and installed driver (I'd expect that you'd have at least the MS Default VGA driver).

In the event that you're not familiar with DXDiag, you can run it in the same way as you did with MSInfo32… (Windows key + R), then type; “DXDiag.exe” and hit enter.

The “Display” tab should have the information of interest.

I didn't update the drivers, I updated the comp itself to see if that'd work; it didn't, obviously. ok... I tried DXDiag and it says the main driver is igdumd32.dll, and the version is 7.14.0010.1461, but I can't find the video adapter... that's not good, is it?

Well, it’s both good and bad… the good part is that it has given you a hint… igdumd32 is the UMDF driver supplied only for Intel graphics cards so… you need to go to Intel to update your actual device driver here: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm

Now, you might ask… why is it that Intel doesn’t leverage Windows Update to distribute their drivers… a fair question. The answer is a long story… the short answer is… Lawyers.