Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yfandes

Timeline for success?

Sorry if someone covered this somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Could anyone venture a good timeline to strive for to succeed in Grimm's Hatchery? Just so I have an idea when to give up (again). What I'm looking for is something very simple, just like:

Get key to second village by xx day.

Buy Hobb's cottage by xx day.

Buy Rosewood Manor by xx day.

Get Noble Sector key by xx day.

etc.

A range from the optimal day to absolutely the very last possible day is fine. I'm just getting frustrated only being halfway to Rosewood Manor by day 45 and wonder if I'm hopelessly lost and behind schedule. If so, then I can re-think my strategy. Thanks for your help.

I can't give you a timeline, but I can assure you that experience comes MUCH faster the further you go in the game. You will not only have higher-level creatures to 'gather', but more time to gather them. Toward the end, you're racking up experience hand-over-fist. :)

I've been on track to buying Rosewood Manor by day 66-70 every time I've played, but I just didn't think you could do the last 2 hatcheries in 10 days. Am I right in that assumption, at least? I'm on my 5th play-through and don't seem to be getting anywhere. I think I'm just too slow to have enough pets in any of the hatcheries to succeed :(

I'm also finding the same problem. No matter what I do (adding pets, sell more eggs, zap particular eggs to be special eggs, hatch one and sell the rest), still, you need at least 25 days to be able to take care of pets in Hobb's Cottage and at least 40 days to take care of pets in Rosewood Manor...

I play on Insane, and especially when I have both the tractor and Petriwood, I will get 30-40 pets to look after (20 is my maximum without them these days).

I get Hobb's Cottage by day 25, and Pemberly Keep by day 40. I never bother getting Rosewood Manor at all. In the first two hatcheries I spend 10 days building up my pet stock (either hatching eggs or selling eggs and purchasing pets), and another 10 days collecting their eggs. In Pemberly Keep I get as many ruby gryphons as possible and just collect their eggs. I usually have enough money to buy the castle around day 50.

I don't waste time or money on unnecessary pets. I'll get the dragonflies and the gryphons for their eggs in the pet lab, and whatever the best pet is for that hatchery (gryphonettes, green dragons, ruby gryphons).

I actually believe (for me) it's easier to play on Insane than the other two difficulties, because you have the rainbow egg. I couldn't manage that number of pets if I had to feed each and every one, often several times a level. On the odd occasion I don't get the rainbow eggs (or the yellow, pink or blue eggs), I don't end up collecting very many by the end of the level.

For me, if i can get to Pemberly Keep if i get good luck i can buy the manner in 2-4 days after buying it if i have 2-3 firebirds that can survive.

What i've seen that works well, is if you can be at the point to buy the key to Pemberly Keep, weather or not you do buy it, and have 15-20 days left to work with, you should have more then enough time to beat the game. if you have around 10 days or less and you still can't buy pemberly keep yet, you know your in trouble. might be doable, but you'll need a lot of luck.

If you are really struggling with easy, i would suggest normal, it may seem harder but the Easter eggs make things easier. so you may want to give it a try and come back to easy once you get a little more hang of it.