Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Chat about GoN *** SPOILER HEAVEN *** (please do not ask for help with the game here)

When I found that we can buy butterfly wings, I kept wondering *Spoiler Text --->* why we couldn't buy them for Stella. It was maddening that she was so upset about losing her wings, but any person with some gold could just go and buy a pair.

:D

By the way, was the broken wand (from the Orc beauty contest) one of the artifacts needed for the Thais museum?

Will gyendal be back in the next chapter lost orb

Just finished the game and was saddened by stella death and edward had already proposed her it was easy with weevil doing 12000 damage and mel tripping gyendal and stella

I really enjoyed the game, one thing that I have enjoyed in previous games that I was really hoping would be in this one too, is where you can go around and see what everyone else has been up to. Especially curious what happened to Ulf. I would have enjoyed seeing things a bit more acted out rather than written in Mel's "journal" at the end too... to me it just seems to give it a bit more closure.

Remember, this is just chapter 2 in an ongoing series. Who knows what all the characters will be doing in chapter 3? ;)

theone, and others who had the same question:

If you have Edward propose to Stella, the ending MAY be different, but you need to do more than just have him propose.

i LOVED GoN! the ending was so shocking! i feel sad that stella died but i like the part when Te'ijal n Galahad were turned to humans n when the pirates were fighting over a rubber chicken :lol:

Wow, so rich with spoilers! :D I was laughing at the part where the pirates were fighting over a rubber chicken too. :)

Poor girl... I hope she rests in peace... :(

LaFlorida wrote:

No, it was her spells that weren't doing 1/10 the damage the others were doing with their weapons

Her early spells are pretty weak, but a lot of her later spells, especially from the Book of Faery, are extremely powerful in the final dungeons.

And remember, everyone, getting enough attraction points isn't the only thing you need in order to marry one of the girls. I mean, what girl would get married without a proper proposal? ;)

Oh wow, I just finished and it was phenomenal! I did think the ending was very rushed but it was still good.

My notes (I mention the ending, and I'm REALLY sorry, I don't know the codes to turn the text white! So mega spoilers at the end of my post!!)

* I LOVED Lydia. I know I'm probably the only person who did but she was awesome! She was absolutely hilarious in the storyline, I love how she bewitched Edward to get all the dresses and her fighting with Mel was awesome. Also, she kicked butt in battle once you equipped those books (it took some patience though). Were there only three spellbooks to get? (Fire, Storm, Faerie?)

* The compass was the best invention ever. It would be great to keep that in following games! I also love the level eggs, they were awesome whenever Lydia got a new spellbook.

* I've mentioned this before but I think the single greatest upgrade to this game was that the whole party earns levels. This makes it seem a lot more unified as a party, I think. I love Stella and her healing but I don't like to have healers in battle, so I just used her after every battle and it was amazing to have her continue learning new spells even though I didn't have her as a battler. It made the characters seem more interactive.

* It was kind of obvious about Stella's background but it still made for a very fun game. The story is what makes the Aveyond games so superior to other RPG games (that and the fact that there aren't any random encounters!). The characters really brought this one to life and the twists made it even more exciting!!

* Wow about Tei'ijal and Galahad! I'm happy though... I always felt bad for Galahad even though he annoyed me in Aveyond 1.

Spoiler!--->* My ending... I married Edward to Stella because I've adored her from the beginning. Then I had him talk to her again to get the feather of eternity, so Stella lives at the end of my game! But I can see from all the spoilers that in the other versions she dies... and stays dead. :( But how will that affect the other chapters do you think? Will I still be able to have Stella as a character but people who married him off to Mel or the others won't? I know that no one can answer that, but I'm very curious!! It'll be odd playing following chapters if we all have very variant endings! But I do like the different endings because it gives more replay value! (Not like we need it.)

I still love Stella best. :)

Just because I bought the love sonnet from the Orcs, poor Edward cannot marry Mel. I guess I will have to play again. Great imagination Amanda. How I wished I had that kind of creativity

Two big thumbs up to Amanda for the second installation. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I have to play again so poor Edward does not have to marry the Orc. LOL Poor Edward!

Two big thumbs up to Amanda for the second installation. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I have to play again so poor Edward does not have to marry the Orc. LOL Poor Edward!

I'm not sure how I missed this in my novel of a post earlier here, but I did love the storyline through these games - very nice twists and turns, and it's good to see that Amanda's able to do tough things to further the story (i.e. - Stella). I think the great story lead-in is part of what made the end more disappointing to me. That's my two cents worth on that, anyway. :thanks:

I did that too, and just reloaded the auto-save from when I walked into the Orc city. Did you give that a try?

The autosave gets overwritten every time you go to a new map. You must have made a specific save in another slot when you entered the Orc city. Excellent timing ;) Most people wouldn't be so lucky to have a save right at that spot.

I'll make an RIP thread somewhere for the girl once this is no longer considered a spoiler... May she rest in peace. :(

The first time I played I got that ending too. :D I think someone should move this to Spoiler Heaven, though.