Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Scrappi

Goodies

Hello everyone: I have the same problem as another poster. Someone had a goodie for one of the other games in the series but it gave a message about windows not being able to use it. I can't afford the zip service so I was wondering if the goodies for all three games in the series could be made in a different way then zipped? Or maybe use a form of zip that windows will do. Thank you.

Hello: Thank you for that information but I have no clue how to use that or what to do. I need something that is not to involved and that is very easy to do. I am computer and internet illiterate and many other game players probably are too. Is there a complete walkthrough and help guide for the game that is not downloadable? OH and I was wondering if this game has a profile page like the other two have? Does the starting town have any other quests or things for them to do besides the cow milk and the feather? I thought that I read somewhere that Talia was able to get a job in that pub. I clicked on the storeroom door and it says that I have to work there so I go talk to the bar guy but he only asks for her grandmother. OH I did get him his alcohol from the drunk. Does anyone know why Avril doesn't let us go through that door at her place? About what level should I have them at to leave their home town area? Thank you.

Here is a link to the Masterguide for Ahriman's Prophecy. It'll help you get through all the main quests

AP Masterguide

Nope, Talia can't get a job in the pub and there's no way to get through those doors.

I usually like to get Talia and Devin up to about level 5, before taking the ferry to the mainland.

EDIT: If you want even more help, here's a link to a topic that has everything you could ever want :)

http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=643&forum=24

Hello: Thank you for the information. I have them at about level 10 and they can't get to Thais. The monsters in that cave kill them. There are two bats right at the entrance and they get killed by them. So far the only town that I was able to get to is Devonshire. I think that's its name. Because there is no ingame map I can't find my way to the other town. More then 50% of the things that I kill have no drops so I can't really even buy supplies. Doesn't the game have some way to get money? I also noticed that the difference between the monsters near the home town are probably 2, 3 or more times weaker then the ones at the beginning areas of the mainland. The game should have something in between them to level on. Does this game have any teleport stones to use? With no ingame map It is impossible to find my way around. I wish that mule express would let me pay to go to thais or the other town. Thank you.

Almost every monster you kill around Devenshire should drop a little something; even if it's 5 gold or a couple pieces of bread. Make sure you stand on every corpse and press spacebar.

I'd say level 10 is about the minimum level for fighting the cave bats. If you've purchased some weapons and armor from Devenshire, you should be able to handle those bats ok.

As for maps, you can play the game in windowed mode and have the map page open next to it. Then you can refer to the maps as you play.

AP Maps

Hello: Thank you for the reply. How can the game be played in wondow mode? The maps that I have seen only show grass and trees. I don't see any towns and paths on them. I have been fighting the monsters near that town and more then half of them have no drops. I step on and click on all of them. If they do pay it is one or two gold. A few have dropped one bread crumb. I need a lot more them one or two coins to be able to buy the food and leaves that are needed when fighting those monsters. I had about five or six leaves for poison and used all of them because of the snakes. I found a guy who needs a fishing pole. On the way to him I saw an area with barrels that looked like it may be part of a town but I could not find out how to get to it. Does Devonshire have anyone who can join my party? I have not even been able to buy any leaves that do revive. At this time I have less then 200 gold and I need that for the ferry back there and for the leaves for poison. I could also use more bread. Did I read somewhere that this game also has a build A and B? If it does how do I find out which one I have? I don't even remember where I downloaded it from. Thank you.

You can either press F4 or Alt+Enter to switch between windowed and full screen modes.

If you are in the Devnshire forest, then this map shows everything in that area.

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deivnshrefinal6iq.gif

AP does require a lot more running around and leveling up than the Aveyond games.

...and the A and B was for Aveyond 1. The AP you are playing is version 2.1. There was a version one a loooong time ago, but version 2.1 has been the only one available here for quite a while.

Hello: Does this game have anything like the cash cow that Aveyond has? That cow made that game possible for me get get somewhere in that game. I was even able to defeat Ahriman with it. The only problem with it is that after I started a new game I have not been able to get it. I have tried over 30 times and I still don't have it. I know its exact location but stepping on and clicking on every spot there has not worked. These games are fun and addicting but they need more ways to make money. Without lots of money you can't buy the needed supplies and equipment. Where I am at in Ahrimans Prophecy now my level may be okay for going after the fishing pole but I need money for the food and the leaves. Thank you.

Nothing like this is in Ahriman's Prophecy... only the goodies which give you really a lot of money, like e.g. the God goodie, but for that you have to start a new game again from the beginning.

Getting money is difficult in these games in the early stages of gameplay... later it won't be too difficult and when you're further in the game you'll eventually see that you actually have so much money that you don't know what to do with it! :Tongue:

Thank you for your reply. Where can I find the goodies for Ahrimans Prophecy? In my game now Talia and Devin are now at level 15 but I need money for the supplies that they will be using. I don't have any leaves for when they get bit by a snake. I hope the goodies does not need that win zip. I think that is the name of it. I have no idea how to do that.

Well if you don't want to start over again, you need just fight and fight and fight to get money, and search for treasure chests.

The goodies are here http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=17

the GOD is the best one as you can see from the description. They are all zip files though; so if you don't have the unzipping program there's probably no way to get them :/ And also they always contain a file that requires to start a new game from the very beginning.

Thank you for your reply. I have no idea how to use the zip programs. I don't even remember from where I downloaded the game from. How would I even find the file for it? I am not even sure how the folder is titled. I wish that people would make things that are easy to download.

I just ran into a problem. I made it into the cave with the dog and fishing pole. The bats and dog are dead so I clicked on the pole then the chest. After doing that I wanted to heal Rhen before taking them out of the cave but when I hit the esc I don't get the inventory screen. I get the magic fight screen. How can I get it to show my inventoty screen so that I can heal her before leaving the cave? I did go to the win zip site and click on its download and I ended up with something called RegCure on my desktop. I have no idea how to use a zip program. Thank you.

Hello: I am having another problem. In Devonshire in the home of the guy with the scroll. There is a piece of paper on the table that the walkthrough says to read but I can't get near it to read it. In other buildings the seats can be walked across but the seat in that home can't. To bad that ball lasts forever. It would be nice to have the princess as part of my group.

Hello; Yes I was finally able to get out of that cave. I will try again to see if I can read that note. I have all three of my party around level 25. I think I will level them some more before trying to kill the monsters near Candor. Thank you again.

Hello: Will you be paying for their Candar weapons and armor for them? I think I have only one or two rubies left. I need some money for supplies. I did buy the home in Thais. i am still getting many monsters that drop nothing. I did use some money to buy rings for the poison. Something that I don't like is that the monsters move during the fight. They move one or two spaces and they can still attack my but I can only get them if I move too.

You definitely need poison rings where you are going. And buy Charm Necklaces once you reach Witchwood. Remember to check Candar's royal weaponry shop before the normal Candar weaponry shop. Sell some of the meat if you don't need that much, or haven't been using much. I used to creep between Candar and Thais so that I can buy the weapons in Candar then go back to Thais to rest FOC.