Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
ElderAvey

Baby Trade Quest

actually, tini, the steps to get this side quest started aren't in the FAQ. The side quest is mentioned in regards to being thrown in jail and Rat in Tyobi, but not the baby trade quest itself.

Lady Gwenalle will wake up after Edward and Ulf join you, and to start the side quest, you just have to visit her when she's awake.

ZOwie! I was sure I had put that info in.

I've corrected my mistake ... the FAQ now has step-by-step instructions on completing the baby trade sidequest. Sorry for my misstatement.

Apparently, I did things in the wrong order and now I am stuck in the baby trade side quest.

This is the order I used:

- Talk to the Inspector

- Had tea with Lady Grenwalle

- Talked to Inez (and found that shewas trying to poison Grenwalle)

- Read the ledger

- Talked to Inspector. He immediately arrested Inez!

Now I cannot find Edgar -- or continue the baby quest. Is there any way out of this? I don't want to restart the whole game.

dead end. You'll need to restart the game. sounds like you accidentally hit the button to turn in the maid which ends the quest.

There's no way to complete it as is.

If you have a save you can go back to, that'll keep you from having to start RIGHT back at the beginning. If you haven't done anything since Ines was arrested (haven't left the building), you can just load up your autosave and that'll put you back inside the jail building prior to talking to the inspector.

>_> I'm a little bit confused on how i get to jail to talk to rat.

must i do the baby peliad trade quest or not?

or must i tell on ines or put lady gwenalle to jail?

i want to get the golden frog though and get the busts :P

what should i do?

Yes, you do need to start the baby trade quest. I'd recommend saving before going into Lady Gwenalle's manor, so that you can try all the different options. It doesn't take too long, and some are rather funny.

To get thrown into jail, you need to: (highlight)

Try to turn Lady Gwenalle in to the authorities. While you are working on that, take the opportunity to annoy the inspector.

hmm.. so how do i annoy him? >_> i do that when i've already said yes to ines that i'll help her, right?

but when do i exactly annoy him? when gwenalle's in jail already? sorry for the questions :P

yeah its just a side quest but how about the poor old man in the museum? and Hercules. (i hate that guy.) hmm... well... um... is it possible to request it as another sidequest or continue it in the next book then? it would be nice to have complete all quests. i already didn't complete the one with the sapphire quest in GoN, its really sad to not complete another one.

@aya: the museum quest will never be completed if you didn't get thrown into jail.

However hercules can be completed. It's independent from the baby trade quest.

well that's a relief. still poor old man in the museum. i think i would just cross my fingers and wish it to be completable in the next book. im sure many of the ones who made the same mistake like me would want this too. i think i should just read a walkthrough so i won't have any missed quest again. thnx for the help.

@aya: you can always just replay the game and get most of the quests done :)

The game is designed so you will have at least 1 incomplete quest no matter what you do.

well that would work too, i think. i still have a save file of Mel and Jun in Harburg before they give out the letters to Ellie, i could re-start there. sadly i would have to fight those monsters and regain those levels and golds again. oh yeah what's the award from completing the golden frog quest anyway? is it something collectible like Lydia's dress or something?

you betcha :) When you give the real frog to Walt, Edward will suggest a use for the faux frog. Do what he says ;)

It's unlikely any of these quests will be able to be completed in the next chapter, as it will be set on the Arishta Isles, not in Thais. So you probably won't see any of these people (apart from Hercules, maybe, who seems to turn up everywhere ;) )

So if you've missed these quests, you might think about replaying - check the FAQ or walkthrough first to see which ones you missed out on, so you can be sure to do them next time around.