Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
ElderAvey

Baby Trade Quest

oh yeah just a quick out of topic question, is the rooster. (the one in Wyrmbone Desert) the one the hen in the animal village is looking for? do i need to choose again if i should bring him back or give it to the empress?

yes, that's the one.

naw, the rooster quest is linear. There's only one way to complete it so you'll bring him back to the village eventually.

OK...I have read the FAQ but am still thoroughly confused about the baby trade quest, the real golden frog quest, the Hercules bust quest, the quest involving Rat, and how all of these things relate to each other. In what order should these quests be done so that I can stop the baby trade, get the real golden frog, get the real and faux Hercules busts, and do whatever is supposed to be done with Rat?

Step 1 is to stop the Baby Trade. Start this sidequest by having tea with Lady Gwenalle after Edward has joined your party.

There are several ways to do the Baby Trade quest. If you want the real golden frog and the real Hercules bust, you must get Rat out of jail while you are doing the Baby Trade quest.

I recommend saving your game just before entering Lady Gwenalle's manor. If you don't get Rat out of jail, just load that save and try doing things differently.

You must start the baby trade quest (have tea with Lady Gwenalle), and then get thrown into jail BEFORE you have any evidence to solve the mystery.

While in jail, you can help Rat get out. That is the first step to completing the golden frog and Hercules bust quests.

No, you can read the business ledger. As long as you haven't spoken with Edgar yet, you can still get thrown into jail.

Once you strike up a deal with Edgar, you've got enough proof to talk to the inspector, so he won't arrest you.

Gah... I seem to being having a problem... I started TLO all over again and currently am trying to do the Baby Trade quest... but the game freezes on me after I speak to the Inspector the first time and try exiting the place... I really do want to complete the Golden Frog quest, but I don't think it will let me.

I thought we fixed that long ago. Do you recall where you got your game, and how long after release?

Anyway, approach the inspector from the left, not from below.

Guest Ira G.Photh

........ so, why in Quest does Taita give Fenn her name, saying it was the baby name of Lostris?

Is this a mistake by Wilbur Smith, or am I just not getting it?