Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
DarkGaia

DarkGaia - Legionwood: Tale Of The Two Swords

WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW. STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

I'm enjoying the game but getting error messages that crash the game. The first was after defeating Undine the Frost guardian and I got a stack level too deep error. I replayed and this time got past that part but then after losing to Terminus the first time I got "unable to find audio/BGM/A+aeka." So I found that file in another audio folder and pasted it into the BGM folder and after replaying the entire sequence it worked fine after that.

Now I just got another crash after defeating the Dragon and watching Terminus leave the Forge. This one was "Trick CaterpillarSys line 202 System Stack Error stack level too deep." I am too tired to beat the dragon again right now to see if it is a fluke. I don't know how to fix this one!

Help appreciated!

Aha! You are right-I did see that at the beginning of this game and must have forgotten because I think I did press F12. I hope I didn't mess up the game permanently-I will replay now and let you know. Thanks!

Yup, that was it! And since Ark was dead at the time of the first defeat of the dragon, I was thinking of replaying it anyway. I replayed-all allies were standing at the end, and no more error messages!

The strange thing is that when I hit F12, there was no immediate problem. I went thru a fight and a cut scene before it happened, that is why I didn't connect it to F12. I'll remember not to hit that F12 again!

A couple questions:

1) One of the NPCs in the first town mentions a quest book and a strategy guide, but I do not know where to get those.

2) For the well sidequest- do we need to do that before trying to find the ship?

3) Is the sapphire for the statue quest in the castle solveable before leaving the castle the first time?

Hi!

1. The "Quest Book" is actually the menu. And the Beast Book can be accessed from your Key Items screen.

2. You can do the well sidequest at any time in the game, though it's most enjoyable if you do it before going to Charn Port, as that's when you're at the right level for it.

3. Those quests can only be completed onwards from Chapter Three.

Also...

Hail, Legionwood fans!

I've now set up a Facebook page to support all my projects. If you want to help introduce Legionwood to the outside world, you can access the page from http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dark-Gaia-Studios/365139189465

Thanks for your ongoing support!

Tuesday, November 16th, 2010

Announcing the Tower of Trials expansion pack!

Hey there, Legionwood fans! Today, I'm happy to official announce the upcoming expansion pack, Legionwood: Tower of Trials, which is almost completely finished and will be released on December 15th, 2010.

Tower of Trials is an optional expansion pack for Legionwood: Tale of the Two Swords. It will not be distributed with the main game, and will instead be offered as a seperate download. It will not be possible to play Tower of Trials without having a copy of the main game handy; installing the expansion will simply add to your existing Legionwood game.

Tower of Trials adds extra post game content to Legionwood, in the form of an additional chapter that can be played after the ending scene of the main game. The storyline of the expansion pack takes place six months following Castoth's defeat and sees Lann and the group join together once more to investigate the mysterious titular Tower of Trials, a strange dimensional rift that has inexplicably appeared in the land of Rhasphodus. You can expect hours of gameplay as you explore new dungeons, learn new Techs, find new equipment, recruit a brand new summon and build your characters stronger than ever before!

The quest in Tower of Trials takes you beyond the world of Legionwood, into realms where only the fiercest monsters await you, including the land of Taltarus from Legionwood 2 and the deadly mansion from One Night 2: The Beyond. These are in addition to several more original locations, making for one huge dungeon crawl, a concept new to Legionwood.

Tower of Trials seeks to resolve the loose ends of Legionwood's plotline and expands upon characters that recieved little development. Fans of Zanthus in particular will be happy with what the new storyline offers.

So that's what awaits you in Legionwood: Tower of Trials, coming to infect your Legionwood game this December!

Yeah, you need the five Pins of Creation and the Pin of Zenith to unlock the Rift Monument.

To find the Pin of Zenith, sail to the Shrine of Hate which is in the Aldagard Archeopelago (group of islands in the centre of the map). You need the Sword of Lore to open it.

I got to Aldegard Forest and went thru to the town. There are 2 soldiers blocking the way-won't let me thru. I tried to dock at the southern end of that island and although I can get off the boat I can't walk off the dock. Am I in the right place? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again, UntoldReveries, you're a great help to me!

Friday, November 26th, 2010

Today, I'm officially announcing the closure of Legionwood's development. After almost four long years and two different game engines, I'm finally proud to say I'm happy with the state of the game and with what I've managed to accomplish. Thus, I've now uploaded what should be the final ever release of Legionwood (Build 5.5) which includes some final tweaks, small additions and some resolution with regards to Zanthus (making me feel much better about the game's "completed" designation). Unfortunately, I must inform you all that a hard drive error has resulted in the loss of the planned Legionwood expansion pack. As such, I've no choice but to announce its cancellation. It's now time to move on to bigger and better things, such as Legionwood 2 and an as of yet unnamed literary project I'm working on.

Thank you for all your support, feedback, beta testing, criticism and inspiration that you have given me throughout Legionwood's development. If it were not for you, the game would be very different and probably worse off than it is in its current iteration. Keep an eye out for the next big Legionwood adventure!

Well that's good to know. I'm downloading the latest version you've put up. This game is amazing and I'm actually very close to the finish! :D I was looking forward to the expansion pack, but I suppose it's okay. Looking forward to all the new games you make Dark Gaia! =D

Legionwood has been enjoyable to play and I look forward to Legionwood 2 after I finish the first. :D

(Did you still want us to mention bugs in Legionwood? In Ascog castle dungeon if you do not solve the puzzle in time the screen goes dark, and even if you navigate out of the dungeon and the castle it stays dark.)