Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blurble

ending dialogue

is it any different based on attraction points? Because I tried a range from -7 to, I think +5 and it was the same.... do you need to get every single possible attraction point to get Mel to say something different? (Because I read the book of bad poems to mel, I do not have ANY saves where that would be possible... lkjghfkljh.)

I'm pretty sure it makes no difference. The attraction points, as far as I know, are a red herring to make the ending pack more punch.

I think there's only one difference, mel's line specifically i think after spook mentions attraction. I had one save with mostly + points and another save where I did nothing and the dialogue changed.

....O_O

Spoiler:

With both -7, -1, and +5, Mel said "there's no way I'd be attracted to a psychopathic vampire" <---paraphrased slightly Unless I missed something?

Yeah, me too... I wonder if it matters in what order we get the attraction points?

Continued spoiler:

I tried the ending with -4, 0, and +6 attraction points, and got only the line about Mel not being into "psychotic ex-vampires" each time as well.

You're both playing build A still. There was a small bug that only gave you the other dialogue if you had exactly +4 attraction points. Build B fixes this, so you get the other dialogue if you have 4 or more attraction points.

Continued, continued spoiler:

if you have 4 or more attraction points, Gyendal's comment must hit pretty close to home, as Mel just yells "Die!" and rushes at him, without saying anything else.

Oooops! Thanks, Shaz. Is there a changelog that will direct me to other areas in the game I might want to re-experience if I switch to Build B?

All changes were bug fixes, and some of them only apply to the game purchased through BFG (as they were already fixed when the game was released here).

With the BFG version, you could not use quicksilver and could not make the truth serum. If your game is from BFG and you want to experience those things, you could go back and try them after getting the update.

I can't think of any that would make you want to go back and replay a scene to see a difference.

erm, wast here nay reason we would need a rat trap post using it for the restaurant? i heard that mentioned in the bug fixes but i wasn't sure whether it was relevant...

no, you don't need one after the restaurant. The bug was that you could lose it BEFORE you had the 5 rats, but you ARE meant to leave it behind once they're released at Leopold's.

so you mean that if she has MORE attraction points, her dialouge doesn't change, but if she has less, it does? that doesn't even make sense!

i guess what i mean is that if you already hate him, you would just yell die like she did. but if you thought you liked him, you would be more apaled and disgusted. does that make sense?

When she thinks she likes him (Attraction +4 or greater), she is too overcome with emotion, so all she can get out is "Die!".

if she has less, she has a cocky response ready because she's not impressed by his romance attempts.

if she has more, she's too hurt/angry/betrayed/whatever