Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
HisChildBeth

Something to think about for Chapter 4

@shaz: lucky you than lol. (or would it be unlucky?)

though I doubt 3 levels would change the difficulty of the game by that much on any mode. The hp/mp gain/lost isn't that much, especially since you're at the beginning and equipments are very conveniently level independent.

Sir Tact-thinking about your post I think you're actually bang on. I did start from my saved TLO file which had me start at a higher level than 30...likely because of that I didn't need to level up as much, but because of the gold loss I was conscious of having to go back to specifically fight for gold. Thank you for that-it definitely makes sense.

I found gold a challenge, but I liked the challenge. First off, never sell anything seems to be the rule in this game. I couldn't sell old armour to buy new without having to backtrack sometimes. I still found as I had golden goose eggs waiting for me, by the time I had gone through old areas to get gold I had a second golden egg and multiple spider eggs to go to the ferry with.

If I give Mel all the mugwort in the previous games, does she come out stronger in TLO? I didn't pay attention.

June needs to cast each spell 50x to get to level 5, so I found I did look for a handful of regenerating monsters to upgrade her since she couldn't attack a group until level 3 or so. I never used my level eggs, which I had used to pump up Lydia in GON. The extra combat left me with barely enough gold.

Health is also all about gold this time around, which made remembering all the shops out there interesting. I needed to do that for AV2 as well as the characters could be fighting on their own.

On easy, few monsters regenerate so gold is more of a challenge, and that keeps it interesting.

Areas like Mt Orion were just frustrating before, I never did get a sense of the maze with the combat coming so hard and fast.

Never sell anything as a rule? Hmm, I disagree. I sold everything that wasn't essential as its not until underfall/acropolis stuff do you actually need to save your weapons. Everything else is sellable though throughout the game.

The only region that comes to mind to save equipment is Tyobi, but Shoal Lieu's right next door with avoidable enemies so one could skip Tyobi's shop entirely.

@ Shaz- Wow!! Level 27

You get a lot of advantage at starting at the original GON level. Most people are at level 45 above plus the extra eggs. But a GON player gets to see all the starts. Maybe next time all starts can be offered from a new game

It's unlikely. Seeing different beginnings is a bonus for those who have played earlier chapters. In this case though, as there was only one ending, there will probably be only one beginning to The Darkthrop Prophecy. So, while decisions you made in The Lost Orb (and possibly earlier chapters as well) might influence what you see in chapter 4, there probably will not be different beginnings this time around.