Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
pinkjaguar12

Aveyond Characters *SOME SPOILERS*

My point was that the interactions in 3-3 are far too sparse for you to get to know the three new characters well at all, nor do they help develop UIf, an old character but one in desperate need of more depth.

Five characters get developed in 3-3, and I loved their development, but the development seemed to happen in reverse correlation from how much it was needed.

Ed, Mel, Te'ijal, and in the background of Te'ijal's letters Galahad- all got enough development that you really learned more about and got a better sense of the characterst han you had previously.

Stella and Lydia got a small amount of development, Stella as Mel's best friend and Lydia as being more selfish than we already knew she was, etc etc...

And then Ulf, the carry-over character who needed it most, got not much development. nonetheless I would still be content if he would just agree to stay as an NPC already. He makes a cute apothecary but I have no idea why he needed to be there for the final battle.

Then June, Yvette, Spook. They got some. Just not enough. Especially June.

Then again. Even the most under-developed characters at least got more attention than the most under-developed characters in previous games (except June. seriously, the girl does nothing after blasting open the gate). So I suppose it's a step in the right direction anyway.

@Blurble: I agree with you. I was talking to those ppl who felt that that interaction was just needed in the whole game.I mean if you will take a real adventure there would be a lot more interactions than that. (of course you can throw out the unnecessary ones ;) )

@kb: though interactions have never been a strong suit of AV games lol.

We're given crumbs, not bread for most of the characters.

(Hence why I can do all sorts of whacked stuff to teijal/rhen in FF and its still in character lol.)

omg, this is amazing. i ask a simple question and end up with 8 pages of stuff i have yet to read. thanks guys for the responses!

oh, and btw, i just replayed the orbs of magic series. i changed my mind. mel, stella, edward, lydia, EVERYONE has sooooooo much character in those games. then ean and iya. then suckish rhen's quest people. (i'm sorry, WHO is mad marge again? and john? and eliki what's her name?)

Agree with KTC about characterization and interaction lack thereof. I can make all sorts of weird pairings and make it in-character and sensible.

I really REALLY wish I could be interested in AV3... I just am NOT interested in it whatsoever. I wonder why.

@azure: I hope not :( It would totally suck if that were the case. I mean... I stopped being interested in AV ever since AV2 came out, and back then I wasn't THAT crazy about the daevas. Much as I love drawing them and poking fun at them more than the hero party, I'm not that big of an AV fan at that time. I was more into some other fandoms.

The thing I like with the daevas is actually because I get to make up their faces and personalities myself and they're technically almost my own original characters (emphasize ALMOST =____=). And boy, they changed a LOT these past few months. Looking back at my old character notes on my very first impression of the daevas, their old designs and concepts really make me laugh...

The Rhen's quest characters were amazing...they really expanded upon Ahriman's prophecy.

Rhen is a good main character whose actions were clearly understandable. She is my favorite main character in all Aveyond games.

Talia is quite interesting, as well.

I played AV 3, but in the middle of playing TLO, I suddenly lost interest. I wonder why (probably because I'm bored playing Mel all the time, and that the artworks of the facesets ain't as good as I had hoped).

Anyways, I think I've mentioned it before, but in most RPGs (especially RM Games), almost the party members aside from the very main characters have no significant role other than to add your party's fighting capabilities. IOW, they're just tagging along with no real reason. That's why I, most of the time, like the less important characters or even the random passerby better than the main characters.

@rogue:

That's why I, most of the time, like the less important characters or even the random passerby better than the main characters.

Ditto. Or better yet, the villains, just because the heroes are either so damn boring that I couldn't give a darn about them or because they're just plain annoying.

Not necessarily, actually. The only time in AV where I like the villains better is in AV1 (Go daevas!). In other series, I don't see the boss/villain characters play a significant role either. Some of them doesn't even have names! So, yeah, I actually prefer the townies/NPCs or whatever you call those guys who wanders around the cities

@rogue: LOLwhut :D I wonder just what IS up with the daevas that made us like them so much... *reminisces super random old stuff* Aesma = cow that drank Nanghaithya's weird potion... *nods* That was EPIC :laughing:

By the way, I was reading some walkthroughs over at the AV1 walkthrough thread and saw that it said AV1 was 500 years after AP. According to a mod I talked to, AV1 is about 30 years after AP. Which one is right? :S I want to assume it's the latter, but... I can't be too sure. Though if it IS 500 years after AP.... JUST HOW OLD IS DEVIN??????

Its surely 30 years after ap. But i don;t know why i think its not 30 but instead 50 lool. Some times it looks strange. Though we never have been told if ap and av are situated in ancient times and if yes then how can ppl survive for 70 years lol. At that time life span was quite small imo.

@kbljkl: The average lifespan of people has been quite short, being around 40 in the Middle Ages, but then again, infant deaths were quite common, distorting the average quite a bit. So the people who survived their childhood, may well have lived far beyond 40.

But that's beside the point. Aveyond games take place in a fictional universe, and I rather don't think they are much like ancient times (not that I lived around the times of Caesar...)

@Meroko: Yeah, your avvie shows that quite clearly. Although... I don't particularly like that rendition of Lars *twitches at Lars' definitely-out-of-place, plastic-looking, neon green hair*

@general: another question about AV... *too lazy to look up facts online* When exactly is the Prophecy about Rhen made? Right after Ahriman destroys Thais? How long has Ahriman been "unsealed" anyway? I mean, Talia defeated him and so far so good, but it's said that Ahriman wrecks Thais?

@rogue: yep, because zorom was controlling Ahriman. When the group defeated zorom, they destroyed the 'lock' on Ahriman so he was free to cause destruction.

here's quotes:

As the sun set on the thirteenth night, no one was aware that Zorom HAD completed the summoning...

And with Zorom dead, the spirit of Ahriman was bound by no one...

Quote-

EsmeAmelia wrote-

"It's 30 years between AP and AV1, 200 years between AV1 and AV2, and 100 years between AV2 and AV3."

Quote ends!

Its 300 years between av2 and av3 if my memory serves me right though i can be wrong also. Oh well. How old is galahad now lol.

@Agas: Sorry but i didn't understood what you are asking lol . I don't think Ahriman wrecked Thais AFTER Talia defeated him. At least the group didn't went to wrecked Thais.

@KTC: So ahriman has been lurking around for about 30 years or so, and then about the time Rhen was born, wrecked Thais?

And nobody have answered my question about the Prophecy. when's the prophecy about Rhen being "Chosen One" made?

@agas: mm, not much is known about the time period between AP and AV1 besides its roughly 30 years.

My hypothesis is thais was wrecked and destroyed long before Rhen was born. Thais is in the blasted lands suggesting ahriman tried to destroy thais and mostly succeeded going by the surrounding wastelands. Thais was nothing more than a ruined city really, with little resistance left against Ahriman. Also, the world's continent extreme shift/movement gives me the impression that ahriman had something to do with it.

So Ahriman was fairly busy in those 30 years.

Alicia hiding Rhen with whats-his-name (and rhen never knowing her true heritage till later) suggested that Ahriman was actively seeking to destroy the pendragon family. This would suggest the prophecy was made before Rhen was born though how long before is questionable.

Devin, being a non-pendragon, would have been safe from Ahriman clutches.

Course, another possible scenario is that it took time for Ahriman to regain a body and his former powers. If he was as powerful as zorom claims (which was conquer-and-rule-the-world powerful) than it would probably take him a fairly long time to gain that much power again.

The prophecy would still needed to have been made a while before Rhen was born since Ahriman concentrated all his efforts to destroy the pendragon family rather than conquer the rest of the lands.

This makes sense with canon since after killing the pendragon family and wrecking thais, Ahriman concentrated on destroying the druids who I assume are like guardians of the world. Destroy them and the world is highly vulnerable.