Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
pinkjaguar12

Aveyond Characters *SOME SPOILERS*

Guest βeta

SPOILER ALERT =>But Spook is GYENDAL! He just tries to make Mel didn't know his disguise. Not making Mel love him.

EsmeAmelia wrote:

I thought the characters in AV1 were wonderful. That was one of the main reasons why I totally fell in love with the game - the characters completely grabbed me. Rhen was so strong, Lars had a good arc, Elini was amazing with her other-culture ideas, Te'ijal was nothing short of AWESOME, Galahad was hilarious, and hey, I'm even one of maybe ten people who actually likes shifty Dameon. The only characters that didn't "grab me" were Pirate John and Mad Marge, but that probably has a lot to do with them coming into the game so late.

AV2 was a big disappointment in its character development. Most of the characters had very little personality. There was Ean the nice guy, Rya the other nice guy, and Iya the nice girl (even though they tried to give her a good arc, I didn't find her "I'm not a singer" problem all that interesting). Nicholas was more annoying than funny. Gavin *could* have been an interesting character, but he just didn't grab me (ditto Emma). The only one I found really interesting was Ava One-Eye, and even she's no Rhen, Elini, or Te'ijal.

Now in AV3, character development is back. Mel, Edward, and Stella are all well-rounded characters, plus they gave Galahad an arc and of course, awesome, awesome Te'ijal is back with more awesomeness.

I feel the same way EsmeAmelia :D

Guest βeta

@sandstorm: Gyendal didn't know there is orb of death. How come he know there is orb of death?

I think they meant the facesets, and I have to agree. The facesets for AV2 and 3 totally suck. I wish I know how to hack into the folders so I can provide my own facesets for my personal enjoyment like I did with AV1 :(

No, that would only give me the graphics, but it won't give me access to the folders. To change the graphics in the game I have to access the game folders and from what I read Resource Extractor doesn't do that.

I think that you're right. Some of the characters you know absolutely nothing about! I mean, Lars and Rhen had some personality, along with Te'ijal and Galahad. But Mad Marge? Who was she? Just a bar keep? Emma from AV 2 had some, along with most of the AV 3 (Orbs of Magic) characters.

@Beginners: I don't know what it was supposed to be, I just got the feeling, after playing TLO, that Gyendal turned into Spook to make Mel love him so that she would find to Orb of Death for him and then use it for him. I mean, why else would he turn into Spook?

Please put spoilers in white text.

~Mopiece

Tricking someone into doing something for you doesn't necessarily require seduction. Pretending to be friends could work to. Just because it so happens that Mel is a girl and Gyendal/Spook is a guy doesn't mean there's seduction involved. I'm pretty sure Gyendal would still become Spook and try to trick Mel into using the Orb for him even if Mel had been a guy. Good friends would do a lot of stuff for each others' sake.

*D_A is sorely reminded of Dameon and stalks away to fume*

Edited to hide spoilers.

~Mopiece

Guest βeta

@sandstorm: SPOILER=> Because Lydia freed Gyendal from jail only to kill Mel. Now, did you understand?

@Beginners:I haven't played TLO in a long time, so I might remember things incorrectly. But all I remember is that Gyendal wanted the Orb of Death. If he was trying to kill Mel, why bother wasting all the time with perfume and flowers or whatever else he did?

@agas: I'm not saying that it was seduction. And I know Gyendal could have turned into a girl >.< and tricked Mel into doing things for him/her because they were friends. But that doesn't seem to be the way he did it.

@sandstorm: He needed Mel in order to use the orb. So he was not trying to kill her, for now anyway.

Perfume/flowers: I think he was trying to 'seduce her' to make her more vulnerable. He did try to get her to ditch her friends after all.

AP (note:i've not finished it yet):

Talia: found her interesting... my most fav character in ap.

Devin: He's ok. I like the pairing talia/devin better.

Jack: He's the fun character XD. i hated it when he ran off with all my money when i decided to drop him for the time being.

Frederick: He's an interesting one. His embarassment when he told the shapeshifter in the circus that he could only change into a chicken was funny :P

Haddan: Bleh. He asked me for 600gc again after i went to take him into my party again. I really felt like hitting him then.

Alicia: Really annoying and whiny.

AV1:

Rhen: I liked her at first then she became less interesting.

Lars: One of my fav characters. im a big rhen/lars fan.

Elini: Err... 'she's exotic'

Teijal: An interesting and funny character. Im not that attached to her though.

Galahad:Bleh.

Pirate john: nothing much in his character.

Mad marge: Good for nothing idiot. didnt even take her in my party.

Dameon: Dont get me started on him. He's a useless good for nothing pansy half-bald priest. His pairing with Rhen doesnt make any sense and seems rather forced.

AV2(jeez, its not that bad):

Ean: He's ok. I only liked him coz he was the main character. The shape-shifting thing was interesting.

Iya: She's ok too. I liked her a bit. I guess.

Rye: Ummm..*shrugs*

Nicolas: he's really whiny and annoying.

Ava: my most fav character in the whole av series.

loved it when she threatened to cut Rye's tongue off when he said that how could a girl be rip. In your face rye!

Gavin: thinks too much of himself.

Emma: An interesting one.

Jack:same as before. not changed an iota.

AV3:

Mel: Haha. I like her character.

Edward: He's not very interesting. I like the pairing mal/edward better than the others

Teijal: same as before

Galahad: a bit more interesting

Lydia:hate her

Ulf:Bleh. Useful in battle to some extent though.

Stella: too goody goody. annoying to some extent.

June: She's ok. I like her a bit. kinda.

Yvette: really annoying, especially when it comes to hercules.

Spook: Liked him at first. then thought him to be really lame. he was desperate to get mel to like him. giving her a rat tail? Ewww! I got suspicious after sometime. And at one point thought he could be gyendal. Haha! I was so right!

thats it. i think.

re: seraphina: The way faces are implemented in Av2 and Av3 seems to me to be fundamentally different than Av1 (note how the expressions, for example, change)

what I wish for is the same artist from 3-1 and 3-2 coming back... the transition in styles between characters was jarring in 3-3 but i don't want to switch over to the new face sets cause they're just not as pretty as the 3-1, 3-2 sets.

Fugly facesets = Do not want!! >___< One of the main reasons of why I'm totally not interested in AV3. SOMEBODY MAKE THE CHANGE-THE-FACESET thing available again PLEASE!!! I'll even volunteer to provide the alternate facesets!!!

Me? They're fugly of course!!! Do not want!!! :x

And I also have a lot against Mel's character. When the main character, whom we're stuck with for the entire game, is annoying as heck, I wouldn't want to waste my time playing as him/her. Not to mention that Mel's pixels are just as fugly as her faceset :x I am very prejudiced. Bear with my biased judgment.

I agree with D_A! It's so ugly I actually skip the dialogues in the game, so I don't have to see the facesets too often. And her CHARACTER!! She's an INVERTED-SNOB, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! And I hate any kind of snob- inverted or not.

(If you don't know what an inverted-snob is, it's those guys who thinks nobles are bad and not worth talking to. It's almost the same with normal snobs, but instead of looking down at lower class people, it's looking down at the higher-class/nobles- however that is)

Aw com’ on guys. It isn’t that bad. I don’t think there’s anything hideous about the face sets.

Well, “Beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder” :roll:

Isn’t inverted = Upturned, wrong way/side up?

Mel isn't an upturned snob lol