Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
pinkjaguar12

Aveyond Characters *SOME SPOILERS*

@Kb, I was referring to the very VERY end of AV2 in my last post, where it turns out that Heptitus was responsible for the whole thing. Oh, a wicked witch turned out to be the villain - that didn't strike me as a particularly clever plot twist. I don't really consider the "Snow-Queen-is-the-nymph-of-compassion" thing a plot twist because it's revealed in the middle of the game and it's told to the heroes by the Oracle - they don't discover it for themselves.

And also, I was not specifically addressing your post with my last one. I was just chiming in with my own two cents about the storyline and the romance in AV2.

Opinions differ.

@esme: In av1 also if oracle hadn't told then talia had not discovered that she will have to defeat ahriman.

In av1 if talia had not convinced the queen then rhen would never be able to defeat ahriman.

And if nox had not tell mel then she wouldn't have discovered it.

Kbljkl wrote:

Opinions differ.

@esme: In av1 also if oracle hadn't told then talia had not discovered that she will have to defeat ahriman.

In av1 if talia had not convinced the queen then rhen would never be able to defeat ahriman.

And if nox had not tell mel then she wouldn't have discovered it.

Tell Mel about what? She already defeated Gyendal once, she knew she was a Darkthrop, and knew about the orbs long before Nox came into the picture in this last game.....all Nox seems to be doing this time around is goading Mel about things she's already aware of.

Mel thought that she had destroyed the orb didn't she???

Er..In this statement-

"In av1 also if oracle hadn't told then talia had not discovered that she will have to defeat ahriman."

Its ap not av1.

@crccdc:what about other avs???

Eh, no, she thought the Orb of Death was never finished, but she already suspected that the Oracle's information was wrong there (see Mel's note at the end of GON).

And how are any of those plot twists? In each of those cases, it's someone giving the protagonist information. If you recall, I was talking about plot twists in my last post. As you said earlier, please actually READ my posts before commenting on them.

i hav given up, because i cannot change any of your minds, but i would like to see what both sides have to say. I haven't even read all these posts. i will when i have time.

wow. this thread has turned into a full fledged war. go on, plaease! *sits idly in stands watching while eating popcorn*

Er...war???It looked like a discussion???

And for heptitus wasn't a clever plot twists but snow queen was IMO. And why didn't you considered snow queen as nymph???

@Pink: Would you like a burger too.Popcorn won't last for long. xd

@kb: I don't understand your post at all.

Snow queen being controlled by heppy is a plot twist, but it isn't a good one nor very clever.

Snow queen being a nymph isn't a twist. No one's saying that snow queen isn't a nymph. She is one and we're not arguing about that.

Try reading the posts completely before jumping to conclusions.

@pink, I don't know why you are trying to change anyone's mind. Some of your posts are quite aggressive towards people who don't agree with you, and there's no need for them to be. There's nothing wrong with other people having opinions that differ to yours.

@All, having said that, this is a very depressing thread to read. There's a great difference between offering constructive criticism and just bashing a game to pieces - and for the last few pages of this thread, it's been the latter. If we can't move on from "here are all the reasons AV2 is a failure" I'm going to lock this thread. We can handle constructive criticism and suggestions, but this thread has sunk below that long ago, and the "discussion" it's turned into does not belong on the developer's own forum.

If you don't like the game, don't play it, but don't sit here harping about all the things that are wrong with it ... again, and again, and again. And remember, it's your opinion, and as we've already seen, it's not shared by everyone.

@shaz: Sorry i didn't want to critcize any game at all.I was just saying that av2 wasn't that bad and there were plot twists in it.I am again sorry.I didn't want to criticize any game.Sorry.

@pink:We didn't got milk today so i can't make ice cream.And veg hot dog????I only offer veg items.If you want veg hot dogs then there are some left.

@Shaz:

"@All, having said that, this is a very depressing thread to read. There's a great difference between offering constructive criticism and just bashing a game to pieces - and for the last few pages of this thread, it's been the latter. If we can't move on from "here are all the reasons AV2 is a failure" I'm going to lock this thread. We can handle constructive criticism and suggestions, but this thread has sunk below that long ago, and the "discussion" it's turned into does not belong on the developer's own forum.

If you don't like the game, don't play it, but don't sit here harping about all the things that are wrong with it ... again, and again, and again. And remember, it's your opinion, and as we've already seen, it's not shared by everyone."

We're sorry, that this thread has been quite offensive towards AV2, and it wasn't the purpose, of course, and I think I can speak for every one who didn't consider AV2 the best AV game or didn't like it at all or just forgot about it.

That whole discussion could have been just 3-4 messages long and not crossing the line. But it became crushing after others' opinions/messages were not read through and after not reading the whole message there were some arguments that lead to another explanation that wasn't flattering AV2.

I cannot understand why this discussion became so aggressive and why ppl just cannot say they don't like something and why they don't like them, but after there must be a huge defense because no one can disagree about the game ... o.O

I don't mean to be offensive to anyone but when I read this through again this morning it just looked just like that.

@shaz: sorry for the derailment but a lot of the posts are misunderstandings and trying to explain/re-explain them. Meanings are not getting across the first time, are entirely interpreted wrong, or just ignored which is frustrating leading to frustrated posts. (that's how I was feeling anyway)

Also, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy AV2 when I played it. Just on a whole, if you compared it to the rest it is the weakest link in the chain to me.

Much like how in the Legacy of Kain series with 5 games (one of the best game series ever), Blood Omen 2 is often considered the worst in the series due to storyline/character issues though its still fun to play. (enough to brave through it twice in a row even though it crashed every 10 mins on vista =_=)

thank you all. I understand that misunderstandings can make you want to explain your side a little better. Glad you see how it was coming across at times.

I too offer my apologies if any of my posts came across as too aggressive. AV2 is quite enjoyable when taken on its own - I just don't consider it on a par with AV1 or AV3.

@shaz, you ahve my apologies. My memory is crap and right now I'm too lazy to go back and look but I think I only stated my opinion and reasons for it.....but I'm on KTC's line of thinking with AV2.

veggie dogs.....now I've heard it all. :)

BTW KTC, Blood Omen 2 was my favorite in the series, so it just goes to show how peoples tastes vary.

bleh, veggie stuff is nasty. Don't like them. I'll stick with my meat products.

but back on topic of aveyond characters: so AV2's out of discussion. That leaves AP, AV1, and AV3.

But since AV3 hasn't been out that long, that probably only leaves AP and AV1.

AP: I like it cuz its the first AM game I played and I really liked fiddling with the code lol.

AV1: Teijal teijal teijal teijal.

KTC wrote:

bleh, veggie stuff is nasty. Don't like them. I'll stick with my meat products.

but back on topic of aveyond characters: so AV2's out of discussion. That leaves AP, AV1, and AV3.

But since AV3 hasn't been out that long, that probably only leaves AP and AV1.

AP: I like it cuz its the first AM game I played and I really liked fiddling with the code lol.

AV1: Teijal teijal teijal teijal.

AP: To be flat out honest, all I remember about that game other than it got me hooked was my spacebar had seen better days lol.

AV1: I really need to pay attention, I didn't remember Teijal being in AV1 with Rhen. I'd probably go with Lars being my favorite in that game, I like that the spoiled brat got knocked down a notch. :)

You could get Te'ijal to join you after returning the second druid to Aveyond. But she was an optional character, so if you chose the wrong gift from the druid, or forgot to go back and get her, you'd probably finish the game without realizing she could have been in your party.