Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
pinkjaguar12

Aveyond Characters *SOME SPOILERS*

As i mentioned earlier there was some bug in my av1 game because when i got the sun potion from the druid i went back to teijal's house and she vanished. :( so i can't say anything for her. :(

Are you sure you have the correct house? There's no reason for her to disappear, and you can't stake her. If you still have that save file, you can email it to me (add an explanation of what the problem is) and I'll see if I can fix it for you. That is, unless you've moved on from there.

Whoa, after I met Te'ijal I thought I MUST HAVE HER. I just thought she was so cool and beautiful and a vampire :lol: I always get her asap because se just is so... beauty vamp xD

Yeah, Te'ijal is the awesomest character EVER in AV1. She's my number 1 fave character for quite some time until I suddenly loved the daevas for no good reason at all.

I loved the character interactions in the first game. Ran around the house waving my fife and yelling about how supremely awesome Te'ijal was.

Do I sound odd if I say I want to be her when I grow up?

@andrea: grow up: depends on how far you wanna be her. cuz if a human did everything she did, she'll be considered a psychopath. >.>

Nah, it won't be a 'psychopath' in literal sense (psychopath = charming, manipulative and completely devoid of emotion, making use of the emotions of others to gain their own selfish wants, no conscience and is not willing to help others)

But will be crazy. And a psycho.

Aveyond I is just like the beginning of everything, after all everyone has to start off with something. They might not have the solid characteristics or persona but their characteristics were fortified in the next sequels.

@KTC

I believe Dameon is essential to the party, like in a group you cant all be leaders, nothing will happen you need someone to support you, and for instance in Aveyond that's the role of Dameon, to support the other party members.

@fhel: and I found him utterly useless lol. Only useful for endgame due to his sun fury move. Leveling him up so he doesn't get annihilated by ahriman's first move is a pain, hence why I liked the previous version of 'don't need to pick up priesty boy until endgame'.

To each his/her own. ;)

@fhel: Yeah, I don't know why you think Dameon is important. He really REALLY is useless. Unless you're talking about general party interaction when they're not fighting, but then your point is highly debatable because we don't see any actual interaction going on.

lol totally agree wih KTC and agas..and it's not because I totally dislike Dameon. I don't use him even for the final battle.

Say, I've been hearing stuff about Dameon acquiring Sun Fury right before final battle... Does it mean that if he was part of the party we can cast Sun Fury on Ahriman when it's fight mode or it's just talking about the cut scene where it shows Dameon casting Sun Fury?

*read the whole thread* ._. ... Woah... intense... >.> *needs to find something better to do when he's bored rather than reading entire threads*

Anyway, Ryo wants to pop in and add in his own two cents too. x3 Since Ryo's pretty sure that the actual topic was supposed to be about characters, Ryo'll only talk about them. :3

Ahriman's Prophecy:

-Talia: Ryo found her interesting enough. While she wasn't the most complex character in the world, she played her part well enough for Ryo's liking.

-Devin: He was also a bit lacking in the character department. x3 But he played his part well enough.

-Jack: Ryo's favorite! x3 Sure, he wasn't really all that important and his attack power was weak, but he became Ryo's favorite. Ryo love for thieves is probably what did it. x3 Most of Ryo's love for him, because of his mostly empty character-ness, was what Ryo pictured him being.

-As for the other characters, Ryo didn't even know you could get other characters until like... his third time playing. O.o They all seemed sorta.. meh-ish too, though. (But that shape-shifter... what's his name again? xD;; was a unique idea.)

-Conclusion, the characters were pretty lacking. Ryo feels like, had there been more party interaction/cutscenes, the characters would have seemed more... unique.

AV1:

-Rhen: Had she been given more lines and party interaction, she probably could have been something more than amazing battle power. Her situations unique and interesting, however, her personality just... lacked... at least what was shown of it.

-Lars: He's easily one of more interesting AV1 characters. His orb staff was really useful and his comment here and there were perfect. "You smell." xDDD Oh, lars... The only real reason why Ryo likes the Rhen x Lars Pairing is because it's always nice to see your favorite character wind up in a relationship... at least it's that way for Ryo. x3

-Elini: She was also pretty interesting. Her "culture" and comments made her one of the more unique characters.

-Dameon: Oh boy... Well... um... yeah... um... *blink* ... moving on... heh heh... *wasn't a big fan of him and his love for Rhen was... well... too sudden* *cough*Half-bald*cough*

-Te'ijal: She easily gets first place. Not only was she probably the most useful character in battle, she was also interesting, quirky, and fun in the scenes she got. Being a Vampire is always a plus.

-Galahad: Meh, his AV1 Character was lacking... He was ok, Te'ijal made up for what he lacked. His battle skills were also... well... he was useless in battle.;; (Don't kill Ryo! >o> He got a lot better in AV3.)

-Pirate John: He just seemed... meh-ish... Nothing was really done with him... and whoever heard of a Dragon rider becomming a pirate? O.o... Or was it the other way around.

-Mad Marge: ...No comment.

-Conclusion: Some of the characters definately were bland. But they definately had potential, just they didn't get much chance to show it. Most of Ryo's liking for characters is made up of what Ryo imagines the characters are doing when a cutscene isn't happening.

AV2:

-Ean: Meh... pretty forgettable. His character was pretty cliche and Ryo didn't even bother using the figurines. Ryo only liked him cause he was the main character. *didn't even remember his name when he was making his pairing list earlier*

-Iya: She was sorta cliche but Ryo liked her. She had a certain... charm to her. While she isn't Ryo's favorite, she did appeal to him somehow.

-Rye: Once again, it's mostly the stuff that goes on in Ryo's head that makes him one of Ryo's favorites. That, and his sprite is also nice to look at. His scenes with Emma were pretty funny, but they're marraige seemed sorta... forced... "Hey let's get married." "Sure, why not?" No real love to it. ._.

-Jack: Once again, He's Ryo's favorite. One, cause he's a thief, and two, cause of what Ryo imagines he does when cutscenes aren't going on. Oh, and his faceset was better in AP. >.> As for what's portrayed by the game, he's definately was bland and disposable.

-Nicholas: Eh, Ryo didn't like him, not even in a love-to-hate kind-of way. His spells were useful, though... sorta...

-Gavin: Ryo didn't even use him. No comment.

-Ava: She seemed interesting but... she was still pretty bland.

-Emma: *points at his discussion of Rye* Other than that, she was... "ok" at best. Her faceset sorta bugged Ryo for some reason as well... o.o

-Conclusion: The cast, for the most part, was weak. Weaker than AV1, in fact. what made the game enjoyable for Ryo was mostly what Ryo molded the characters into himself. (For instance, in Ryo's image of Jack, he should be 16/17, look like the faceset from AP, and be a trickster who pretty much acted as comedy-relief. In Ryo's mind, he'd be the one to tease Ean and Iya about their relationship, play pranks on and get scolded by Ava, and get frozen again to appear later on. It's not in the game, but Ryo made him that way for his own amusement. x3 )

AV3: (NOTE: Ryo hasn't playe AV3-3 yet)

-Mel: She's Ryo's favorite out of the main characters, first off, she's a thief. Second of all, she... seemed real-er than a lot of the past characters and she was fun to have around. But yeah, she does change her personality a lot, but that's probably just her being a teenager. = o=

-Edward: He's a pretty cliche prince. He adds contrast to Mel but... just... meh, his whole "I wanna be free!" thing is just... yeah... and the only reason Ryo ever considered Ed x Mel was cause Ryo wanted Mel, being the main character, to have someone.

-Stella: She's Ryo's current pick for who goes with Eddy. Ryo doesn't have much to say about her since he still hasn't finished GoN, but she's useful in battle and she definately has potential.

-Lydia: Ryo's definately Ryo's favorite love-to-hate character. She adds comedy to the game... and who doesn't love a good Mel vs. Lydia-Fight-To-The-Death sorta thing x3

-Ulf: Meh, he's... if he did something later on... eh... nah... Ryo gave up on him.

-Te'ijal: Oh, she's just... the best. She doesn't need Ryo's imagination to fill in her character, she's already complete, quirky, unique, and all-around fun. x3 And her relationship with Galahad iss great!

-Galahad: A GIANT improvement over his AV1 personality. He's one of Ryo's favorites too... too bad Ryo doesn't use him in his party. No matter how strong or awesome of a character he is, Ryo just dislikes putting older men into his battle party. ._. Maybe if he looked younger, it'd be a different story. But, no... he doesn't... and thus Ryo must miss out on him... in battle. >o>

-Spook: Ryo hasn't played the game yet, however, his interview made Ryo like him and his faceset was really good! (It reminded Ryo of his image of what Jack should be somewhat...) Ryo was, however, spoiled over who he... "is." And because of this, Ryo's mind produced a way to dislike the Spook shown and love the Spook in his mind. x3 It's too spoilerish to post here... Ryo thinks... so Ryo won't. And since there's no evidene to disprove this theory (There's none to prove it either but whatever. xD )Ryo shall believe it as his truth as to who Spook "is" or isn't. :3

-and due to not playing the last game, Ryo can't comment on the rest of the characters... althougfh from their interviews, Y'vette seemed interesting and June seemed... meh-ish.

-Conclusion, AV3 was an improvement character-wise. Of course, once again, most of Ryo's love for certain characters are based on his own mind filling in any holes that their characters might have.

Whoo... that took like... an hour and a half to type. x3 Ryo doesn't even remember what he just said... ._. ... But yeah. >o> That's Ryo's two-cents.

AP, AV1, and AV2 has a lot of characters that were just... incomplete. So any hole Ryo filled in with stuff he figured should fit. :3

(Did any of that make any sense? xD )

"Jack, he should be 16/17, look like the faceset from AP, and be a trickster who pretty much acted as comedy-relief. In Ryo's mind, he'd be the one to tease Ean and Iya about their relationship, play pranks on and get scolded by Ava, and get frozen again to appear later on."

LOL! so we're gonna see jack again eh? XD

Huft, i liked almost characters, except DAMEON, he's really lame, i even doubt if he really loves Rhen, or just fake for ahriman's sake, uhh makes me feel bad. In fact, i found AV2 is bored, good for AV3, it's really long journey for Mel. She can gets new party but edward still remain with her(beautiful...)

actually i don't to like Mel because she's a thief/spy. I'm still curious 'bout Nox, her looks likes Mel, really.

LOL a lot of people hates Dameon. I myself hate Dameon for absolutely no reason at all. I watched my sis play the game, suddenly hated him without even knowing why, and can't un-hate him even though I know that he's actually good. And I suddenly stopped caring about the heroes and my fave characters ever are the daevas (see my name and avvie/sig set). That is just odd.

And I'm so lame because I suddenly stopped giving a darn about Aveyond 2 and beyond. I used to be excited when I read that there's gonna be more Aveyonds, but suddenly lost interest... I wonder why...

i too hate Dameon. i think teiljal is the best character from aveyond1

aveyond2 there were no such characters, whom i could like

aveyond3 i like mel coz is quick witted.but i don't like Edward or Stella. Lydia is cool,though she is a villain! :P