Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
pinkjaguar12

Aveyond Characters *SOME SPOILERS*

Villain lover! Yay!! If you think liking Lydia is weird, then what about me liking the daevas? They're not at all important and most of them only got one-liners. Mwahahahahahaha :evil:

now when did i said to u not to like daevas?there are many people who are villain lovers! even i, in most of the games and movies likes the villain more than the hero! :mwah:

Ap- Devin and Alicia.

Av1- Lars and Rhen.And i love Galahad because after being turned into vampire he still didn't became a demon.and maybe i like him because he is a veg. lol maybe.I don't know. :P I felt....pity on Dameon.

Av2- Rye and emma. Rye is the best character of av2. ;) and he is so handsome also.

Av3- Galahad(Now i like him more than the last time and now he is mine most favorite character especially after he didn't wanted teijal to die.) ,Edward,Mel(Mel because of her excellent comedy). I didn't liked stella.She was quite pale.

Yeah, Dameon is unknown-why-being-hated person. When i saw him i immedietely don't like him (maybe because his hair). I love those daevas too they cool and strong,...

And my rendition of the daevas makes it more awesome :D I'm such a narcissist.

Hating Dameon for his hair is so unfair, but hey.. I hate him for no reason, so I have no right to protest about it.

Haha, it looks like a LOT of people HATE him because of little thing or maybe a lot, me because his hair, maybe. but i'm sure there were a few who likes him, that's why he created as a character for being loved or the contrary of them. poor dameon....

@daeva: You hate him for no reason which is unfair.

@Shadowshed: I don't completely hate him because i feel pity on him. He wasn't wrong just wrong things happened with him.

Kbljkl - If I remember well, Stella's skin was darker tnan of the other characters. But if you mean pale as in uninteresting personality, then possibly yes. But I always liked her because she seems to be a lot like me in personality. XD

In AP

Talia and Devin were very interesting characters

Never liked Alicia only got her to marry her and get rubies and diamonds

Haddan - No character

Jack was very likable Hard to get rid off

Frederick had little character but a good fighter

Av1

Rhen Lars Elini and Teijal rest were just weird

Av2

No characterization at all

AV3 Mel and Spook and Edward were fun

Stella and Ulf were OK

Yvette was slightly annoying but very interesting

June was a selfish brat

Note on Aveyond 2: The bad thing about it was that u never knew where to go. Seri was somewhere east. I went to witchwood then realized that seri was in the cave. While in Av3 you are basically told where to go and in Av1 you get the boat so su noe u have to go to the isle etc

And for those who hate daemon and dont want him in the party build C is for u. bcoz u can get teijal and still not get daemon till the end. Just dont buy the rowboat until u get the sunscreen from the druid of gedahre

lol I forgot Jack. He was the best character of ap.

@Luz: I am not able to understand what you mean. By pale i meant Blank comments.Sorry if i confused you.

@theone: Haddan, Really?? I found him to be useless.He wasn't good for fighting also. Fredrick was good because i didn't had to buy weapons for him which saved quite a lot of my money and still he was quite effective in battle.

I said he had no character Never said he was useful. But at the start of the game if u can rush through the dwarf mines after defeating the death person, he is more useful than Frederick. But after that once you get to Tar Vedron and have a ship, u get good weapons for Frederick

Kbljkl - because when you wrote pale I imagined pale as description of appearance [pale skin]; but then I realized it was meant in a non literal sense. XD

In AP most of the characters/character interaction weren't very developped yet; but still the story and playing were very enjoyable ^_^ [not only it was Amanda's first published RPG but it was also the first RPG I played. The version I played first was the newer one though, and I liked that much better than the older one, specially for much better graphics.]

@Luz: I meant pale comment perhaps. LOL

@theone: Yep.

@kiri: Talia was good but i would say my favourite was jack. I didn't liked the main concept which featured only Talia thats why she isn't my favorite otherwise she had been my favorite.

AP technically had minimal character development, but for some reason I got attached to the characters anyway (well, except Haddan, who was only given, like, TWO LINES in the entire game). For some weird reason I adore Talia, but that might be mainly because she got more development in Aveyond.

Haha Talia, eh? I only care about her because she played a part in kick-starting the whole Aveyond adventure. And Agas too of course. If he wasn't moronic enough to leave Talia alive we wouldn't have Aveyond and the world will fall into Ahriman's hands.

AP-

I have an enormous soft spot for Talia and Devin.

As for Alicia, in game she was utterly undeveloped and I only got her to sell all her things. However, AV1 introduced such an intriguing backstory involving the three of them that I really like all of them by now, simply because I think there's something sad yet fascinating about Alicia being friends with both of them, and marrying Devin even though he would never love her the way he loved Talia... I see them as close friends comforting each other over the loss of a mutual friend (and whatever the heck happened with Talia? That backstory sounds incredibly dark. She wanted to be with Devin but ended up with a sun priest who was clearly NOT a nice guy seeing as she ended up having to kill him... not to mention that sun priests were extinct in AV1 so where did they come from?)

Everyone loves Jack but... I guess he was okay, I don't really remember that much about him.

I LOVED FREDERICK. His characterization might not have been fleshed out but I loved his shape-shifting dynamic so much (of all the shifting dynamics available in Av games I still love his best) and I absolutely loved his interactions with the monsters in Aveyond (the place, not the game).

Haddan was not even a character, as far as I'm concerned.

---

AV1-

Rhen as a character was kinda flat and flavorless. In my perspective she just went along with everything... Nonetheless, I've written such an enormous fic about her that even if game-Rhen isn't my fic-Rhen I love her by association, I guess. (She also easily had the prettiest character art in the game)

Lars... well, lots of people say he was cliched but I really found his interactions to be snarky, amusing, or cute. Frequently all three.

Dameon. Uh. Yeah.

Te'ijal/Galahad- SQUEE.

Elini- when interactign with Lars, hysterical. Somewhat interesting the rest of the time.

Pirate John/Mad Marge: See Haddan.

---

AV2

All the characters were flat.

You could see some archetypes repeating... the snobby noble, the quirky lady... but it was all handled in this flat-feeling way. The biggest proof I bring for the flatness of the characters is that I usually want the lead boy and girl to end up together and I absolutely did not want Ean with Iya because she was absolutely the most boring, vapid character ever, and Ean at least showed occasional sparks of having a personality.

(It should be noted that nonetheless I loved the gameplay aspects of this game, the changing expressions etc, and I prefer to think of AV2 as a lumpy test-run of the features that were put to such good use in AV-3. But the characters... yeah.)

---

AV3

I think this series is like a high point for Aveyond in general. 3-3 was significantly weaker than 3-1 and 3-2, but 3-1 and 3-2 were brilliant. I got so caught up in the storyline and... alright. So, let me rephrase that.

Galahad/Te'ijal were incredible, again, of course, etc.

Mel and Edward are probably my favorite characters in all the games. Mel is a unique heroine with complex motivations (not greed, so much as sheer survival, drives her. there's this very defensive vulnerable side to her yet at the same time she's gritty and independent... lkfdjgdfkljg). And Edward is someone easy to dismiss until you notice the little character notes Amanda plants throughout the game that give him so, so much personality in those little hints and dribblets. Also, he has the cutest little smirk lkdfjgldkfjglkd.

Lydia... meh. Another "obnoxious noble" character, I was really hoping she would show some character growth in 3-3 after the events of 3-2. Instead... well. We know how that ended.

Stella... character summary? "Nice girl- and look, she's a healer!". It would be nice if we had something more complex than that to work with (Hey, at least Dameon-the-healer had the added twist of being an EVIL healer. Actually wasn't that the spoiled prince from av-2's shtick also, sort of?) But seriously, there's absolutely nothing to work with here. All of stella's twists are plot twists, not character twists. She's just a really normal, kinda boring person (BUT I STILL HAVE HOPE. FOR UPCOMING GAMES.)

Ulf: See Haddad. By 3-3 I was a tiny bit more fond of him but would still be more than content to see him playing a permanently NPC role in any future Av-3 gamed. Actually, that semi-goes for Stella as well, who makes a nice stay-at-home friend. RPGs need more of those, anyway.

3-3:

We got three new characters however there were no houses in the game, so unlike in 3-2 where you got an ENORMOUS amount of interaction here you got just form that alone much less. Yvette gets more screentime than June, but June... you literally see next to nothing of the girl. She's basically another Haddan, only more annoying from the main character's perspective.

As for Spook. I'm not sure any characterization her got counts for anything at all.

---

Really hoping 3-4 will have some high-calibre characters- AND HOUSES/HEAVY INTERACTION AREAS PLZTHX. AND CUTSCENES. I MISSED THOSE. (That party did NOT cut it not a single conversation in there was particularly insightful.)

@Blurble Actually, there is one interaction. Go to underfall. Get the banner for the house. Give it to the witch. Then go to the house and attend the costume party. Everyone interacts. Funny one is Edward as the lead talking to Nox who is present there

I went to the costume party but the interactions were still underdone. By which I mean that the longest conversations you had were pretty much with Nox (who isn't even a character). Other interactions were a few words, and there wasn't even that much variety between what each character would say. It was very unsatisfying especially seeing as it was the only interaction area (okay, i maybe got spoiled by the multiple houses in 3-2 but even in Av2 And Av1 houses had longer interactions, in fact there would even be character development so that dialogues would change as the game progressed).

(By the way for a secret and utterly pointless interaction area you could always go to mel's house but all anyone will say there is that you need to get back to the quest.)

*sighs* once everyone starts talking AV3, I can't participate. Stupid laptop refuses to let me play the game. Some stupid thing about it's not compatible or something. Because every time I open the came, the computer freezes up and then once it stops freezing, nothing happened.

I think that in 3-3 was less interection than 3-1 and 3-2, the costume party was great but was the only 'big' interation in the game, and the only another one I can remember is when you talk with Stella and all the bunny stuff. But the game was really good :D

If you want that type of interactons then there are that interactions in av2 and av1 also. Just go to the house in av2 and you will find it. But i don't think that interaction matters. So i don't think that costume party interaction was so good. there are that type of interactions in av1 and av2 also and let everyone be the leader.