Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
pinkjaguar12

Aveyond Characters *SOME SPOILERS*

Nyeh, that's just a cover image. Artists usually like to prettify cover-pics. The Rhen faceset in the game didn't have that eyeshadow-thing.

-0-

Something else I've been wondering... Is Faiara a place or a person? It's said that Faiara used to guard Dreamworld, but after "it" fell to Ahriman the guardianship passes to the priestesses. What is "it"? If "it" is Dreamworld, since when did Dreamworld fall into Ahriman's hands? :S

i think that the characters in AV1 were my favourite. i mean, the characters in the other games were fine, but, i dunno...

out of all the aveyond games, i enjoyed AV1 the most. not saying that i didnt like the others, because i did, but none of them really attracted me as much. the storyline and everything seemed much more interesting.

As for me, I've tinkered around with the AV1 characters so much that they felt almost as personal to me as my own original characters are. That's why I love them so much, because they feel like they're mine, even though I know that they aren't nor do I claim them as mine.

@agas: though you've probably fiddled with them so much that if you wanted, you could claim them if you give them a dif. name and setting making them original characters ;)

@Ktc & sandstorm: Yah. especially with the daevas because 1) Amanda never gave them faces and/or personality in canon and 2) I have about 2 face and personality variations for each daeva so I can recycle the "spares" as OCs.

For example, if you see this pic, would you know who they are if I didn't tell you?

@d_a: If whoever opens the link you gave and have seen all your AV1 fanarts, of course they'd know who those 2 are.

Yeah, I agree with what you said about that faceset thing. That's exactly the reason why I usually prefer NPCs & random people rather than the main characters- since they don't have facesets, we could draw their faces the way we want them to look like- and if you have good drawing skills, they'd look much better than the game's original facesets

@theone: What does it have to do with anything?

@rogue: Wait, what? *goes check the link* Okay, my bad. Wrong image in the link. That wasn't the picture I was talking about. Anyways, yeah you're otherwise right. I can claim them as OCs later on because their looks and personalities are totally mine.

Funny how I'm so obsessed to stick true to canon as much as possible even though the premises of my works are usually so far out of canon... A big contradiction that actually works. I use and twist canon slightly to make sense of what happens in my stuff...

@KTC: I knew you would say that :D I go by the pixels for the hero party rather than the facesets too, so my rendition of the heroes is totally a lot different than what they're supposed to look. And that's probably why one of my Saurva looks like Pirate John's long-lost evil twin or something.

@sandstorm: You read my stuff? Oh my, I'm flattered :) Wait, how come I never see you comment my story? (lol, this is off-topic)

Aveyond 1 had 3 strong characters

Lars- a snobby, arrogant and slightly mental brat

Elini- Foriegn lady with weird customs

Teijal- (no explanation needed)

Aveyond 2 had no strong characters at all

Aveyond 3 had one weak character in Ulf but he got a lot more screentime in TLO

Okay, here's my take on AV characters. *warning : wall of text*

AV1:

Rhen - Well, ingame she doesn't have much character shown, but I like to imagine her as this energetic, tomboyish girl who can also act feminine at certain times. Her looks and countless amount of fanfics in HBT support this. Plus, she kicks butts in battles.

Lars - I think Lars has the most character shown in the game. He's a snobbish noble boy who turns out to get nicer and nicer as he travels with Rhen. Just see that apology conversation when you buy a house in Sedona. Cliche, but I like it. On a sidenote, Lars is also the best pairing for Rhen, and the one that makes most sense, given their background and story. I dunno how I could make him a robot boy in my parody.

Elini - This is also a character that shows much personality, although not really much. I tend to think of her as a big sister figure to the team, and she loves to tease Lars and get into fights with Te'ijal. She talks in a formal way, but actually she often does whatever she wants.

Dameon - Okay, this character is supposedly have more backstory, but I dunno why, he's not that interesting of a character. And his pairing with Rhen just comes out of nowhere.

Te'ijal - Te'ijal is...Te'ijal. Not much to say except she's awesome.

Galahad - I can't really think of him as anything other than "the knight of justice" type so he's pretty bland IMO. He has awesome interaction with Te'ijal, though.

Pirate John - Again, he doesn't have much character shown, but I can imagine him being the "wild and flirty" type. Still pretty bland. He probaby would become Elini's loyal slave after the love potion incident, following her everywhere declaring his love to her, which Elini doesn't really mind.

Mad Marge - Seriously, I have no idea why she is a playable character. She's just as good as a tavern-owner NPC where pirates hang out.

I think the best thing about AV1 characters is that they show little characters in game, but they have little hints towards their personality that you can develop on your own in your mind. Or maybe it's because I read too much fanfic about AV1.

AV2

Ean - Nice guy

Iya - Nice girl

Rye - A guy who loves going to adventure. The profile describes him as quiet, but I never get that impression.

Emma - A maid who hates her job and wants to become a fighter. She's the most interesting character out of the AV2 character IMO, but still can't stand up against other characters.

Ava - A pirate under the command of the king. Can be explored further but they didn't, so she's pretty bland.

Nicholas - A snobbish prince. What's more to say?

Gavin - A handsome guy who loves flirting with his fangirls. Anything else?

Yeah, overall, I find AV2 characters nothing interesting. They barely have any character or backstory or whatever that makes them interesting. I can't even make some little dramas in my head like I could with AV1 characters. Note that I haven't got version B, so I haven't seen Rye/Emma, Ava/Gavin, or Nick gets good scenes.

AV3 - Lord of Twilight and Gates of Night

Mel - She's an interesting main character. She just want things to get over with, but she must continually face other quests. And personality-wise, she's quite stubborn and crafty. Although like others have said, I noticed a few inconsistencies in her personality. But the mian point is that she shows more personality than other MCs.

Edward - A prince who doesn't want to be a prince. A bit cliche, but that's what makes him a good character.He has no freedom, but then he meets Mel, a thief, which basically a world with no rules. Then,they become friends, and whoo!! I like how the story turns. He'd be pretty bland by hemself, though.

Stella - Nice girl with mysterious past. Bland.

Te'ijal - See AV1.

Galahad - An improvement over AV1. It's shown how much he resents being an undead, and still keeps his nobility as a knight, even though nobody cares anymore. He's still the "righteous" type, but he's able to develop it more since he gets way lotsmore screentime.

Lydia - Another snobbish character from a high background. Although Lydia is snobbish at first, I tend to think that she will be the same as Lars, getting nicer, although less obvious. THANK YOU THE LOST ORB FOR RUINING THAT IDEA.

Ulf - A smart orc who gets shunned by society. An interesting idea, but undeveloped, making this character a waste.

AV3 - The Lost Orb

Mel - See above

Edward - Heh, poor guy. He gets married to the WRONG person and gets banished from his kingdom. I really like how he's showing his seriousness of his relationship with Mel, as well as to his kingdom.

Ulf - This guy finally gets a bit of development. He's now training to become an alchemist in a village of talking animals.

June - Yeah, this character doesn't really do anything besides whining about her certificate. But give her a break, she's 14, just a kid. In my mind, she's this hyperactive noisy little girl by whom Mel often gets annoyed. Screw that Profile page which says she likes to act older than she is.

Yvette - Being a shapeshifter aside, I think she tries to be like Elini, but not as good as her. I kinda like her...strangeness, though.

Spook - Okay, I dislike this guy from the moment he appeared. I was like "Stay away from Mel! She's Edward's, darnit!! I'm not gonna let her be a sick-looking guy like you's girl!!" and so I made Mel decline his every attempt to attract her. To be honest, his real identity isn't all that surprising, given how suspicious he already is, and I kinda already guessed it.

All in all, I find AV3's chars to have more appeal than their predecessors. One main thing is because they have sooo much more screentime as chances to show more of their personality, unlike AV1 and AV2 characters.

@TrueShadow: That was very insightful :) I agree with you on your take on the characters (AV1, because that's the only one I know). Characters have enough personality to make them stand out from one another, but "blank" enough for players to tinker around with them yet still keep everything true to canon.

Yeah, Lars/Rhen is the most sensible pairing that I can see. I mean, in the journey we see that he became nice and actually cares for Rhen. The whole Dameon thing was constantly smacked into our faces, but I see no reason why Rhen would like him. She did blush when he's being all gentlemanly and stuff, but we hardly see them interact to each other. That "charm" is not quite enough to make people fall in love. Keh.

Dameon/Rhen pairing makes as much sense as NPC/Rhen pairing: it DOESN'T make sense. It's totally a "because I said so" kind of thing. One of the main reasons I turned crack-shipper, actually...

i agree that the rhen and dameon pairing came out of nowhere. rhen and lars actually had a beginning. but dameon, one day he appeared, kissed rhen's hand, and then rhen blushed. like, why? rhen didnt even know dameon...

when i played aveyond the first time, i always thought that rhen was going to end up with lars. i didnt think about dameon at all. when i finished the game, and there was no rhen/lars option, i was reaaaally shocked.

Agree!! Agree!! It's practically "understood" in the get-go that Lars/Rhen is the most sensible pairing. I know that's a cliche and maybe that's why Amanda removed it because she wanted a twist to the ending, but it ended up being a disappointment for the fans :D

Rhen blushing when Dameon kisses her hand is probably because nobody ever treated her like that before and stuff, but that kind of thing goes away after a while. You get used to it after some time and it won't be as charming as it used to be.

Like someone mentioned in an earlier post (or was it another thread?), if you don't take Dameon until you're just about to beat up Ahriman, then technically there's almost NO interaction whatsoever between Rhen and Dameon, and the pairing would even make less sense.

With that avoiding-Dameon-until-right-before-getting-Sword-of-Shadows "plot", it would actually make more sense if Rhen goes with Armaiti or Rashnu or whatever because the journey would involve dragging all the druids all over the world to save the other druids without stopping even once in Sun Shrine, and thus she would have interacted with THEM more than she does with Dameon. Then again, this is "real world setup" speaking, not game-interaction because you can't talk with the druids when they're in your "guest" list.

Lars/Rhen: I like it, but everyone else are already doing it.

Dameon/Rhen: Makes no sense.

Danny/Rhen: Boring.

Agas/Rhen: YES~ :evil: CRACK PAIRING FTW