Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
HisChildBeth

Hercules Bust

I took the Hercules Bust acquired in Acropolis to the person recommended in the SG, and this person refused to do what the SG said he would do. Did I miss something? Are we supposed to hang on the Bust until Chapter 4 along with other items we have obtained, but not used?

By the way ...

In Chapter 4 will we get to keep what we have earned in Chapter 3 rather than starting over with zilch? In other words, is Lydia going to rear her ugly head and steal all my stuff again?

I sure wish I had my ship so I could take a nice soothing sail down to the islands for a little R&R! This hero has been popping all over Aia so much she is spinning like a top! It's a miracle all my corpusles are all where they belong. Oh, for a nice ocean breeze, a gently swaying hammock, and an ice cold, long, tall pineapple flush.......

Well, maybe we'll get a ship and go to Tar Vedron to find Edward's parents, and find they didn't actually retire, but were forced to go by Lydia, and were stripped of all their belongings too before they left, but in the meantime they have made some friends on the island and with the dragons and now will be able to help Edward and Mel....

whoosh.. I didn't know I could think that much. Your idea of a cruise sounds great!

Anyway, back to the question of the fake Hercules Bust, I did this too and it seems that you have to have in your possession the good bust and the fake bust before he will take the fake one. Maybe there has to be that choice: offer Fahd the fake bust; offer Fahd the real bust; do nothing.

I did it right once and did it wrong once and missed it altogether once.

Fahd: Yes, you have to have both busts in your possession in order to get any results.

Do note, if you finish the Fahd quest, you won't be able to finish another quest as that one requires both bust to be in your possession also.

Yeah, I decide it was a good time to give Walt the real bust when I gave him the real frog. Made sense to me.

It certainly was NOT explained well in the SG with all the different things you could do with the stupid thing. At least Walt got the good one. I still would like Fahad to get the fake one since he obviously stole the real from Walt or sold a fake to Walt. He should get his just rewards.

I went back and checked my list about a zillion times to make sure all the side quests were done since they often affect what happens in the next chapter, and I think I got all but this one. The side quests were really jumbled and hard to follow.

I'm also going to make myself a list of armor, weapons, etc. for each player and what they do and don't do so I can refer to them in Chapter 4.

I'm still not clear with what happens with cursed stuff, and now we have mana-enhanced, earth-enhanced and charmed. I had a hard time trying to figure out what weapon to use, and equipment to wear when I was fighting the different things in the Mana and Fauna caves. I think I might go back and figure out a way to just play those caves and map what works best on what "critter" for want of a better name to call the different forms of "enemies". All in all, I thought the critters in those caves were pretty whimpy. Especially the shadow knights. I could whack them with just about anything and they give it up on one hit.

I still enjoy this game a lot , but I would like to see the different areas get mapped so they are more evenly mapped to the average level you are at when you get there, and the loot is also appropriate. This thing of whacking a critter in the upper levels for 3 gold just because there is big loot in the chests is not worth the trouble. I think it would have been better to just dash and get the loot rather than bother to get the bad guys. The bad guys are far worse in the Crystal Caves.

Mercy, I digress and runneth off at the mouth. I'm waiting for a resonse to my post on whether I blew my save and have to go kill Gyendal again. Yuck!

Tiniponi,

I'm sorry that you find comments that might help improve what you have written to be laughable.

Now quick KTC run over here and flame me because I critized Tiniponi again.

HisChildBeth:

As I've told you in PMs which you refuse to answer, I appreciate constructive criticism. You can feel free to PM me with ways to make the guides better, as I've asked you to do. I ask that you be respectful, but you continue to made snide, demeaning comments in the public forums. So, I am assuming you don't really want to help me, but rather continue to lambaste me and the guide. Feel free ... I've decided to just laugh it off.

If you want to PM me with ways I can improve future guides, as I've requested you do, feel free. However, this last post of yours was the first time you've said anything directly to me, even though I've asked you to do so.

So, I will continue to sigh and laugh ... that way I don't become bitter like you seem to be.

Tiniponi,

After reading your post above I was surprised because I haven't gotten any e-mail messages from you, which I assume you mean by PM. At this point I figured I must have missed something so I called my daughter who is afile server admin. She laughed at me, and told me to go look on the Amaranth website for any messages.

I'm sorry. It was a lightbulb momemnt for me. I don't know why I haven't seen the line across the top of the page, but I didn't. A lot of the information I see on websites is like reading Greek. I know very little about computers. Just enough to apparently get myself in trouble.

I in turn thought that you were ignoring me since I have to give my e-mail address every where I go on the web.

This is a large case of misunderstanding which is my fault because I shouldn't be out here on the web without more of an understanding of how all this works. My apologies again, and I will go read your messages and we will take this off-line as my daughter said I should do.

Thanks, Beth. :)

I appreciate your answering my PM, even if it took you a while to realize it was there. I do appreciate people giving me suggestions, so I will welcome any you want to give. :)

If you had emailed me, I'd definitely have replied. :D

@hischildbeth: I did not flame you in that last post. If I flame, I would be very obvious about it lol. (as I'm sure some people remember)

Beth, you can see tiniponi's email address by clicking on her name on any of her posts. This takes you to her profile, where her Amaranthia email address is visible to all.

In YOUR profile, your email address is set to NOT be shown to other forum members. This means only admins can see your email address (Amanda, Bryce and myself) - other forum members, including the mods, cannot (correct me if I'm wrong, tini). This is a wise choice, btw, because making your email address visible to others means you could get all sorts of unwanted emails (not just from forum members wanting to be friends, but yucky bots and spammers go through forums searching for email addresses as well - so don't read this as me saying you should change your profile).

Just another little lesson in the intricacies of the forum for you, which might help you understand a little more :)

Getting back to the original topic, you can only offer a bust to Fahd if you have both of them when you talk to him. You can only offer them to Walt if you have already given him the golden frog (but you don't have to have both busts). If you sell the good bust to Walt before you go back to Fahd, you will be stuck with the ugly Hercules bust. I know lots of people say you should be able to do them regardless of what you have done elsewhere, but sometimes we like you to have to make a choice, and for your decision to affect what happens down the track, otherwise it would be too easy to do everything and there wouldn't be as much replayability.

@shaz: does walt require you to have both busts in your inventory too? Or would having only the good one would suffice.

KTC:

As her post says, you don't have to have both busts for Walt, but you do for Fahd. :)

Shaz: Mods can see her email address, but I contacted her through PM instead. :)

no - I edited my post while you were reading :)

To offer either bust to Fahd, you need to have both. Not so with Walt. You just need to have given him the real frog. It doesn't matter if you have both busts, or only one, or which one. Of course, he will only BUY one from you.

I think I messed up somewhere in Peliad while I was doing the baby trade quest, because I don't have any of the Golden Frogs or Hercules Busts (real or fake). Is it too late to go back and retrieve them?

If you have completed the baby trade quest (did the sting with the inspector) without helping Rat get out of jail, then yes, it's too late.

You need to have tea with Gwanelle, get thrown into jail, help Rat get free, and then finish the baby trade quest, in that order. Once you've done that you can get the golden frog and the real Hercules bust by helping Rat when you see him again in Tyobi.

You can get the fake one at any time. It's not dependent on the baby trade quest.

I think I'm ok then. I did help get Rat out of jail during the baby trade quest; I just wasn't sure where he disappeared to afterwards. So I can get the real Hercules Bust and Golden Frog by returning to Tyobi and helping Rat? Great; thanks Shaz! (BTW which frog is it, and where is the other one? Or am I tripping and there is only one frog?)

Got it; thanks Aisling! But what about the real Hercules Bust? After Edward finds the real Golden Frog and decides to keep it, Rat and his friends leave!

EDIT: I found the bust in Fahd's house, but Edward can't pick it up. If he rejoins the party and I send Mel to the house, Fahd is there saying he was robbed! Am I missing something here?

You can only get the real bust when you get the real frog. Once you've rejoined the party, the chance is over.

No, I don't think so. If you don't help Rat in jail, you don't join him in Tyobi, or you don't get the golden frog from Fahd's house, but you DID talk to Walt and get the golden frog quest, it will stay in your journal. But that's not "every player".

There are no quests associated with either of the busts, as far as I can recall.

Can you tell me where you heard this, and what that one incomplete quest is?