Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
GO-Rikki

Tyobi - Blacksmith Upgrading Equipment

I do not understand how to upgrade my equipment now that I have found all four shields for the blacksmith. Can someone tell me how???

I cannot get anything to highlight and therefore able to purchase or upgrade these badly needly new equipment.

Wow, congratulations on finishing the worm tunnels without the upgraded equipment! You now will have a discount on your upgrades.

You choose which weapon you want, and select it. Over on the right it will show you what weapon it needs to start with and what other item [topaz, opal, worm hide].

The equipment however can not be upgraded while your person is WEARING it. So you'll need to UN-equip whatever weapon is required before it can be upgraded.

The other thing you might have done [i did] was to sell something that I had to go back and buy [plate armour in my case].

But I would guess that what you need to do is UNEQUIP. There is a message to that effect when you first meet the guy in Tyobi but by the time you've picked up all the shields its probably forgotten.

This is verrrrry confusing!!

It appears that I must have the possession of lots of "opals" to make the transition from whatever equipment I am presently using to the "new stuff".

Where on earth does a person get these opals? I do recall getting one from a monster that I eliminated (I think) ... as to where? I have no idea. Geeeesh ... NOT FUN

Plus the only way to really get help with this game is TO BUY THE STRATEGTY GUIDE (another $6.99)?????????

You can always ask here for help. You don't have to by the strategy guide.

I think it's the worms that drop the opals. If not, it's a monster in that area that drops it.

Thanx to both of you for your responses; however, upon reviewing what the blacksmith is requiring ... it appears that I need at least TWO TOPAZ gems.

Sooooooooo ... where does one find a Topaz? Sorry to be such a pest. Thank you

Tiniponi's done a great FAQ which is great in place of the strategy guide. Anyhow, it answers a lot of questions including where to find gems...here's her answer:

Q: Where can I get Diamonds, Emeralds, Sapphires, Opals, and Topaz,?

A: As follows:

- Diamonds – dropped by Glowbugs in Fauna Caves

- Emeralds – dropped by Emerald Slimes in the Crystal Caverns

- Sapphires – dropped by Snapdragons in Blueleaf Forest

- Opals & Topaz – The Brown Worm in the Root System drops one of them when defeated. After that, fighting the Worms in the Worm Tunnels will get you as many as you want to spend time getting.

Hi the itemsat the blacksmith remain in grey for me, though I've the money. Does it mean I miss some elements to make the weapons?

(I found there's not enough HP stuff available! Worm Tunnels are very difficult)

You may be missing some of the items; clicking on each one should show you what it needs. Also you CANNOT be WEARING the item, you have to take it off in order for it to be used.

The worm tunnels can actually be skipped until later; you'll miss those upgrades but you can go back to level up or just try going ahead.. it is possible to beat the next section without the worm tunnel upgrades.

ok thanks, I've paid for what I could craft, and I've written down what I miss (I have tto go back to Peliad.. Harakuna for weapons :P )