Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Coren

Differently enhanced weapons?

I was pretty sure charmed weapons worked really well against the Red Mushrooms in the Mana Caves (June's charmed staff did 1750 damage). Haven't tried against the spritey thingums yet. But weren't mana-enhanced supposed to be good for Mana Caves? Yet, June's mana staff did only 1 damage.

But there was a person in Acropolis whom I believed said something about mana-enhanced for Mana Caves and charmed for Fauna caves.

I think it is the other way around. In any case I found that physical attacks worked best in Fauna and charmed works well in Mana caves.

Also in Fauna it is the only place I used Mel's steal skill out of all the games.

Charmed weapons work well against ALL the mushrooms, regardless of caves.

For the other monsters, it's mana-enhanced weapons in the mana caves, and earth-enhanced weapons in the fauna caves.

Uh-oh...I've been selling my party's old weapons each time I upgrade them (I did keep both the Charmed and Earth Staffs for June, but the others are equipped as follows: Mel - Crystal Dagger, Edward - Templar Sword, Yvette - Imperial Bow, and Spook - Thief's Dagger). Where should I go to properly equip the rest of my party?

Mel:

Crystal Dagger (Charmed)

June:

Earth Staff (Earth enhanced)

Mana Staff (Mana enhanced)

Charmed Staff (Charmed)

Edward:

Templar Sword (Earth enhanced)

Wraith Sword (Charmed) - Underfall

Scorched Sword (Mana enhanced) - Stonetooth Caves chest (towards end of game)

Yvette:

Imperial Bow (Earth Enhanced)

Zombie Bow (Mana Enhanced) - Underfall

Ashera's Bow (Charmed) - possible loot from giant crab

Spook uses the same weapons as Mel, and Ulf has nothing that has any of these elements.

My party now has Charmed and Earth-enhanced weapons, but these Mana Spirits are kicking our arses! Should I give up on the Mana Caves for now, until my party is properly equipped? I know I can get the Zombie Bow for Yvette from Underfall; but where is the Mana Staff for June, and what good does the Scorched Sword do for Edward now if it can only be gotten towards the end of the game?

Try different combinations of June's and Yvette's spells along with attacks to kill off a couple monsters at a time then go back to the inn and recharge and maybe buy some more equipment. Or take a break from the mana cave and explore Underfall.

The tactic that worked best for me was that I had June charm/berserk (Can't remember which) and the others attacking.. o.O Worked great for me.. ;)