Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ronald88

Goodie Cave (old version?)

I'm playing Aveyond 2 again, and when I get to Spire Mountains, where they say the weapons cave should be, there is nothing. This makes me wonder if I'm using an older version of Aveyond 2, and if I am, how do I update? I got the game through another site. What's happened so far is I escaped the elf village, went to Ravenwood, trapped the beast, got the canoe, went to Ryva, talked to green hair guy, and now am in Spire. Am I using an older version? And if I am does updating make a difference? And where is the Weapon cave?

Yes, you're using the old version. I believe the weapon goodie cave is in the woods near the beast's lair.

If you update your game, you'll need to start over, as things are done in a different sequence and your game will be messed up.

What site did you get your game from? Not all of them took the update so it might not even be available to you.

Thanks I found it. I got the game on Bigfish I think. But I'm fine with not updating, I'm already kinda far, unless I'm missing out majorly. But what I want to know is what version am I using exactly? I remembering playing the demo like right when this came out, and it was quite different. Then, as soon as you see Iya there was this mirror you got, and everyone froze in the ballroom, now, you have to go around and warn the kingdoms. Am I playing like version 2 out 3 possible versions, or am I playing some sorta super-old beta?

I'd question how you got a super-old beta, since those were only available to the beta testers ;)

In the original version (build A), when you reached the Land of Man, you went across the river into Shadow Woods, trapped the beast, got the canoe, and made your way to Shaenlir. I believe you then had to get Rye and go back to Shaenlir to get Iya.

In build B (which was made available about a month later, and I'm pretty sure was taken by Big Fish), the canoe is already on the world map, so when you reach the Land of Man, you immediately take the canoe straight to Shaenlir where Iya joins you, THEN you go and get Rye, and after you blast the rocks to get access to the area around Thais, you can head south to Ravenwood and Shadow Woods.