this is cointain spoiler just highlight it

width=300http://www.aveyond.com/uploads/newbb/49_4a71d0ff8933e.png[/img]

width=300http://www.aveyond.com/uploads/newbb/49_4b7983a4a322a.png[/img]

I have many theory about it and

most of all I think that ruin is Candar or AV 1

Thais.Notice the picture bellow.

but I prefer to Candar

width=300http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8335/candarcitycopy9ix.png[/img]

notice the design of the ruin compare the old Candar and the river shape.Oh I almost forgot this, notice theres a watefall at the west and also in the ruin map too

and

width=300http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7597/candarcopy4fv.png[/img]

it also locate at the south

go back to Brightwood Forest, the location of the Ishtir forest is at north and its snowing similar to Glenvale that also snowing and north of it and notice the apple farm is also there and probably trought time its branded as moo hatchery that also a farm, so thats mean the place of interest of the ancient brightwood forest is changing its location, how irony

but theres Q?

1* the main entrance of witchwood is at shioa plain acording to the old map but the newer map does not instead moo hatchery take place

2* the southwest of old map has a dessert but the newer map have the chateau lenore

3* in Eans quest, Candar is at the north of thais

answers

1* that could make sense,witchwoodian witches probaly migrade on the eastern isle due to the event of AV 1 because ahriman blasted the whole thais which one of the witch said in new witchwood in eastern empire and thus after the event of AV 1 the witches and Gavin also return to their homeland which locate at the peninsula of center mainland in AV 2 and the location from southern brightwood to sandstone but du time it changes and the sandstone turn into sinoa plain due to erosion in that area

2* there or option, thais had experience deluge or ahriman blast the dessert or moved westward but in AV O the westward of the map is Tar Verdon but it does not appeared in av 1 and 2 and in av 3 its location is at the south of mainland, srange indeed but IDK why amanda put it at the south but in av 2 the south portion of the map is lush green island and I think that area has been drought so much that leaves only deserting the area and the location of aveyond change again

3* do candarian move north or their are thaisians who move north, remember what an npc said in thais, thais is the oldest kingdom in the mainland and does make sense, candar in av 2 is new candar and their are the descendant of old candarian who once live in the ruins

any question or sugestion about this topic will be reply back and the chatting is open to ask

There is one very good reason why the Ruins isn't the ruins of Candar: the Ruins are two-thousand years old, but Candar still exists in Ahriman's Prophecy, which is only 300 years before Aveyond: Orbs of Magic.

If you ask me, it's more likely to be Ahriman's old kingdom. You know, the one he ruled before he died the first time, since Zorom did mention, when trying to raise him from the dead, that he lived 2450 years before Ahriman's Prophecy. But that probably won't work really well either, since that would make it 2750 years old in Orbs of Magic. But it's definitely a closer number.

The layout of buildings in the ruins reminds me of Vale from Golden Sun. . . I guess part of mt aleph got knocked down and new buildings got built over the ruins of sol sanctum & some of the huts got reinforced/rebuilt w/ stone. :pig:

@king_arceus wow those maps really look similar if you ask me but like aisling said the time isn't right ;)

Who knows maybe in a future chapter we'll have to go back into the past and find more about those ruins XD

the 1st of all cities on the mainland would be more likely, since I don't believe Thais shifted location. Sure, they might expand or contract their borders, but I think at the heart of it, Thais will never change. It is the only city to appear in ALL the Aveyonds so far, including Ahriman's Prophecy. Although that could change in TDP, because of a certain *ahem* Queen *mutters*usurper.

or you might just be overthinking it lol. Not everything in the game has to have a hidden meaning.

Exploring a ruin is a good way to introduce game mechanics (press enter to do things, get you to move, etc.) and a way to introduce a few characters.

I really miss Candar though..the City of Love was a pretty good place to explore,lol xD I really hope the Ruins are not Candar,though. But it might be really interesting to know which city's ruins those are,lol ^.^

You know, if you look at the mainland map for AP and the mainland map for the Orbs of Magic series, I think Candar has become Stormbend. :)

Candar in AP: Vineyard to the East, Thais to the far East, Witchwood to the South.

Stormbend in OoM: Vineyard to the East, Thais to the far East, Witchwood to the South.

Hmmm...

I say this mystery is not really valid. If this was Candar (which existed from AV0 and AV2), then why are the buildings not having the heart shapes? :o The heartshapes appeared in AV2...Aisling has the star points. :)