Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pandaba

Vastar

Please continue discussion of this game in this topic.

A new game NOW AVAILABLE from Exodus Studios, creators of Myth Xaran!

Vastar

Platform: Windows PC

Developer: Exodus Studios

Rating: Everyone 10+ (mild fantasy violence, comic mischief)

Genre: Roleplaying (RPG)/Fantasy/Action

Players: 1

Price: $11.99 (USD)

Story

Three siblings of various personalities soon find themselves intertwined in one destiny to save their homeland from the resurrection of a lost legend by a vengeful renegade wizard. Together, the three siblings combine their unique skills to find a way to stop the ritual from completion and bring the renegade to justice!

Choose between the three siblings, Xathia, Danton and Julian Vastar, each with a unique adventure to engage in. Then, team up with all three on an even greater adventure to save their homeland!

Based on the popular webmanga Vastar created by Rebecca Long as seen on drunkduck.com and in Drunk Duck Comics vols. 2 and 3!

Screenshots

6330_113626701685_113617436685_2415487_5833835_n.jpgCutscene

6330_119706731685_113617436685_2500894_3891326_n.jpgMenu Screen

6330_119706736685_113617436685_2500895_3348573_n.jpgCutscene

6450_125731921685_113617436685_2578289_5730941_n.jpgBattle Screen

Features

* Classic, console-style role-playing game for the PC

* An original soundtrack composed by award-winning composer Gregory Tripi

* Original character artwork by the same artist for the comic

* In-depth storyline with nostalgic gameplay

* Fully-interactive maps and sidequests, which makes way for hours of exploration and entertainment.

* Unique character interaction (allows the player to experience and explore the main characters' abilities and different points of views within the game depending on which character is being controlled)

© 2010 Exodus Studios

www.exodus-studio.com

Finally it's here ♥

Thank you for your hard work Ami-chan ♥

As a tester I can say that this is one wonderful game and the story is very interesting and unique so I think everyone will enjoy it as much as I did..and still do XD

I very much like the look of this game and will be trialling the demo for sure (and I am pretty sure I will purchase it). I have heard very positive things about this game at Aldorlea so kudos to you.

Thanks.

I am working on a strategy guide which I will be releasing shortly.

And if you need help with anything, just ask!

Each of the characters' stories are connected/related with each other, as they are all part of the same storyline, just happening at a different time and place. Then the final chapter has them all come together in the same adventure.

Thank you :)

dessertrose: Yes, Vastar takes place in the same universe as Myth Xaran (just a different time period with different characters). The game focuses more on storytelling and exploration much like Myth Xaran :)

dessertrose wrote:

Umm... just finished playing the demo... it was way too short/not enough content to decide whether to get the game or not. But if Myth Xaran is anything to go by, I'm sure this one will be good too. :)

You can check out EACH character AND the tutorial in the demo... nice.

Aura wrote:

Looks awesome, Pandaba! Downloading now ^_^

How many hours of gameplay, btw?

Playtime varies by the player. It took the majority of my beta testers over 10 hours to complete, but again, it depends on the player. If you just go through the game without exploring or doing the sidequests or anything (though it would make the game extremely difficult to finish), then it might take you considerably shorter.

The game encourages players to explore, however, so it's completely up to you.

I completed the quests and found most of the ingredients for the potions for Julien. It took me over 10 hours of play.

I spent some time leveling up at the beginning but found that later I leveled up as I traveled the map getting from quest to quest.

Actually I love exploring (which RPG lover doesn't? :D). The longer the game, the better. 10 hrs sounds good enough for me.

Oh, and I just fnished the demo playing as 2 of the characters, gotta go check out the last one. :D The game seems pretty interesting so far and I think I'm gonna buy it soon. ^_^