Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kinnison

Amaranthia Time Travel =D

The purple site!!!! I remember experiencing that, although I never got around signing up due to major lack of interest (oh joy, look at how far I've gone since then XD). Back in the day I only popped by every now and then to read Tei's Blood of a Necromancer and kaz's Agas Saga because DAEVAS ARE AWESOME DANGIT!!! :D :D :D

lol back then I thought of the forums as very confusing (somehow), so I just stuck to a few select topics in HBT. Wasn't that active then, only when the first incarnation of this present site came about (around the release of AV2) that I came here more.

i started working for amaranthia when i was playing aveyond and got stuck i tried to come to the site and get help and it was down. I owned my own hosting company so when i called amanda answered and she seemed like she was stuck telling me that the old host died and she wasnt sure what to do i offered to help and became the tech admin. i maintained the server and the website. then we created the first version of what you see now while she was creating grimms hatchery.

♪~memorieeesss.... all alone in the mooonliiight~♫

I really just joined this site almost a year ago, so I have no idea what is was like back then xD. I learned about aveyond on a site called acardetown, I believe. But I didn't really do anything with my acount back then.

i found out why it crashed (i think. thanks to nortan); it crashed because someone bugged it with nasty adwares (old site). yep i used that link and amaranthia has been indeed bugged (old one again). it happened with all topics.

i found out that nick on the 2007 site was a MOD!

i never knew that!

and amanda's old sigie said "sugar * spice"! and istead of her queen be title it said webmistress! there where a lot of things i missedd before i discovered this site!

i found out that nick on the 2007 site was a MOD!

i never knew that!

and amanda's old sigie said "sugar * spice"! and istead of her queen be title it said webmistress! there where a lot of things i missedd before i discovered this site!

i wish i was here for the first relese of AP v 1. i would be a really big help back then.

"lot of things i missedd before i discovered this site!"

You have no idea. Titles used to be 'chick, chicken, fried chicken' or something like that lol.

As for APv1: I don't think you would have been able to do much since there wasn't much major bugs to worry about. And the site was honestly very very quiet (understatement) back then. Be lucky if you got 1 new post a day. I doubt the 'forums of dinosaur period' would have kept many people's interest for long.

Oh wow, I had completely forgotten about that site. Thanks Taz for posting! I vaguely remember starting under a new handle here as I believe I lost all my post count with the transition to this site. Good thing the ease and beauty of the site made up for it! :)

It is nice to go back to what once was. I remember many sleepless nights trying to get this site functional while amanda was working on releasing grimms we had a sep site for development. I was meeting designers and artist. Amanda introduced me to a lot of new stuff working for her. I also got to talk to alot of great people and become friends with them.

I think the last crashed because of either a DDoS attack, or the fact that Amanda doesn't really backup the servers and if they end up failing everything goes down the drill.

Might as well be a total revamp though.

And for the others..I really don't remember. @.@

Well, I think it's what's been happening. Amaranthia has had that a few times, along with other minor attacks..remember June 20 2006, when all of the forums and topics were spammed with guests posting for mexican doctor products? ^^

i was not here for that. i didnt even have an account back then. i joined jan 9th 2011. so i didnt see that. i barely knew amaranthia exsisted back then because i had been playing arcade town and msn games (aveyond was the main one).

now a days you need to talk to amanda or any of the mods/adimns to post (i had seen that below that you cant post without permission). but part of my question isnt answered about how the site crashed 2-3 times.

A bit off topic, but, is anyone else getting blocked by their antivirus (the link to the old site, I mean)? I finally just clicked on the link to proceed anyway, but it's really weird that the old site is blacklisted as an attack site

(In fact, a lot of sites I try to access through the wayback archives are listed as attack sites! Hm- it could just be Norton being weird).

But back on topic, really interesting to see the progression of the site! I've been a fan of the screenshot backgrounds since I discovered the site. :D