Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarianFrae

Magin -- Official Series Thread -- Indie Dev Grant Nominee!

Just thought I'd update you guys a little bit. The Kickstarter will be launched on June 1. By that time, we plan to have at least one direction of Blaise's sprite completed and the story/origins sections will be greatly updated that day as well.

In the hopefully near future, the layout of this thread is going to change quite substantially. In order to provide more information without blinding you with a wall of text, I'm going to compile information into image-based text modules. This will, of course, mean that this thread is going to become image heavy... but for those of you who cannot handle a lot of images, legacy-studios.org will still host a primarily text-based run down of the same information.

One thing this new layout will allow is the inclusion of character profile pics and sprites within the same area as the character bios. The image section of the character profile .gifs will look a bit like the image below.

5dd0f519.png.

The weird looking areas will be filled in once the artwork for the grown-up version of Blaise is complete. The standing sprite is the real version of the coloring. The rest will all match once Brent is done. I wasn't specific enough about what kind of coloring I wanted at first. ;)

If you want any more updates, feel free to check the latest blogs. There's a sneak peek at Russel's profile picture. :)

Please ask any questions you have for me or the rest of the team!

I have updated the first page with the "improved" version of the origin/mythology summary; I'll also include it below. A less-condensed version is available in my weekly blog and even more will be revealed in-game via easter eggs(such as books and random NPC conversations) and important cut scenes.

The First Monarchs say that watching the world’s birth was like watching a painting stretch across a canvas without painter or brush. They were born with but not of the world and, as such, were able to witness its birth... and wield gifts of great power. One of these represented the physical embodiment of a door which held close a portal to another world; his name was Coeus. When he died, that door opened and allowed free passage between both worlds.

While at first this free passage seemed beneficial to both worlds, the First Monarchs gradually realized it could lead to their world’s destruction. With great sadness, the Monarchs slowly barred passage to different types of people until only humans with open minds, untouched by cynicism and darkness, could pass between the worlds.

Fearing that the common folk of their world would turn against them for this limitation and weary of the responsibility, the First Monarchs cast aside their throne and disappeared into the mists of history. Some of their descendents know of their ancestry and bear it with pride... but most descendents were left in the dark of even their parents’ parts in the world’s history.

4721741f.gif3cdae049.pngfee7588d.png5bd88ad5.png

This is the last update before the Kickstarter fundraising project launches THIS WEEKEND! With that launch will come the introduction of the Girls of Bhaile Montir--three new characters. Throughout the fundraising project, new information will be released with each checkpoint reached!

Sorry for the multiposts! I've added new character profiles in the first post as well as a link to the Kickstarter! If you guys want Magin as quickly as it can be made, pledge your support and/or share the link with your friends! 480 people pledging $25 will reach our goal.

Hey guys! I'm holding a contest to help advertise Magin! Everyone who posts the link on their page--FB, twitter, youtube, etc--before the 21 of this month will be entered into a contest for a $20 Target or Amazon gift card. On the 22, I will announce the winner of the contest. All you have to do is post the link on any of your social media sites. Multiple sites means multiple entries. Your friends can take part in this too! Just send me a link in PM to the advertisement post!

Hey guys! Long time no update. How you doing?

We have two updates for you:

5ee4996b.gif

Sharon is better known to this community as daevaagas! Round of applause for the combined awesomeness of Sharon and Brent!

Also, we've entered Magin as a nominee for the Indie Developer's Grant! All you need to do to help me win is make an account on the Bundle In a Box page and vote for my game to get the grant! We don't know exactly how much will be given to the grant winner because the amount grows as more people buy the Bundle In a Box! Magin's entry is near the bottom of this page: http://blog.bundle-in-a-box.com/?cat=5. We'd really appreciate a vote and some sharing of the event!